What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Justin Poore ready to pull pin on Dragons

slippery_sucker

Juniors
Poore, i totally agree. With one arm and one leg this guy is better than most of our pack. Myles, i just dont like him. only steps up at SOO level and thats because he has a nice platform laid for him by price & civoneceva.

Yeap and next year he will have Poore, Moi Moi, Cayless and Mannah laying it for him...

lucablight

First Grade
Poore is a solid player but he isn't the saviour even if he ends up joining us. Cayless and Fui are better than him.

lucablight

First Grade
Cayless better than him??? big call.

How is it? Apart from last season Cayless consistently averages over 100m has a high work rate in defence and has lead the Eels in countless finals series. Not to mention he captained a NZ side to victory against a supposedly invincible australian side. Poore was nothing special in origin. How are they even in the same league?

slippery_sucker

Juniors
It comes at the end of an article about Sailor being in the running for Origin 2.

Back at Dragons training yesterday after playing his first State of Origin for NSW, Poore said he hoped to sign a new contract with the club.

"Mate, the surf's unreal - I'm just about to hit the surf," Poore said.
"That's about it."

So is the lure of Wollongong's pristine beaches enough to keep him with St George Illawarra, rather than sign with Parramatta or the Sharks?

"Mate, I hope so," Poore said.

The Sharks and Eels have offered about $1 million over three years, significantly more than the Dragons can offer because of salary cap restraints.

In the Sharks' case, financial woes have complicated the process.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/origin/hu...00.html?page=2

slippery_sucker

Juniors
How is it? Apart from last season Cayless consistently averages over 100m has a high work rate in defence and has lead the Eels in countless finals series. Not to mention he captained a NZ side to victory against a supposedly invincible australian side. Poore was nothing special in origin. How are they even in the same league?

Cayless has had his time, his getting old now...
Poore is still a kid at 24

Stagger eel

Staff member

if we're talking current form, Poore has it over him..if you want to look back on both careers and compare both of them than it's fare to say that Caylo has definitely reached legend status with what he's achieved and Poore still has a long way to go.

lucablight

First Grade
if we're talking current form, Poore has it over him..if you want to look back on both careers and compare both of them than it's fare to say that Caylo has definitely reached legend status with what he's achieved and Poore still has a long way to go.

I would be interested to see the stats if you have them.

Suitman

Post Whore

LOL. :lol: Legend???? Legend is a fairly over used word. Bradman, Dawn Fraser, Jack Brabham, Eddie Charlton, Clive Churchill, Ron Barassi etc........are legends
Cayless??? :lol::lol: Maybe in your eyes.

Suity

caylo

Bench
well this year if you take out the game in which Cayless was injured in (which he made 35 meters in 20min) he avgs about 107meters a game (100 if you include that game). Poore avgs about 116.5meters per game and Weyman avgs about 125 meters a game after tonights efforts with them playing similar min.

If you avg Cayless last 5 efforts (not including Manly game again) he avgs 130.5 meters a game and lowest meters has been 99 in match against the broncos.

Pazza

First Grade
cayless has been great over his last few games but poore just adds that something extra!

caylo

Bench
Pazza I dont think anyone would nock back Poore signning, I think that would give us a very good forward pack and 3 classy frontrower with different styles and 1 very good jnr prop who would have a lot less preasure on his shoulders being able to play more minutes with someone like Fui or Cayless or Poore.