What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Justin Poore ready to pull pin on Dragons

Stagger eel

Staff member
LOL. :lol: Legend???? Legend is a fairly over used word. Bradman, Dawn Fraser, Jack Brabham, Eddie Charlton, Clive Churchill, Ron Barassi etc........are legends
Cayless??? :lol::lol: Maybe in your eyes.

Suity

well, I'm sure he's a legend in plenty of peoples eyes, despite his lack of form in the last 12 to 18 months he still captained NZ to a WC win, played over 20 tests for NZ, over 200 odd games for Parra over a 12 year period and has captained our club for nearly a decade, played in a grand final and several finals series.

I don't have a problem regarding him as a club legend and i'm sure tey'll be plenty that feel the same way.

StEely Matt

Juniors
well, I'm sure he's a legend in plenty of peoples eyes, despite his lack of form in the last 12 to 18 months he still captained NZ to a WC win, played over 20 tests for NZ, over 200 odd games for Parra over a 12 year period and has captained our club for nearly a decade, played in a grand final and several finals series.

I don't have a problem regarding him as a club legend and i'm sure tey'll be plenty that feel the same way.

Here here! How could you NOT call Captain Cayless a legend!?!

Suitman

Post Whore

Good for you.

As I said, "legend" is an over used word. Club legend, which you didn't say the first time, is different.
Kenny was a legend. Price was a legend. Cronin, Thornett, Sterling, Lynch, O'Reilly were all legends. Hindmarsh is close, if not already there.

Cayless? Meh.

Suity

Fathead

Bench
I reckon the eels should make a deadline in the next week. It is very clear he doesnt want to leave the dragons and doesnt want to go to the sharks.
This will force his hand.

He either accepts the eels offer or takes a chance with the Dragons coming up to scratch.
If he holds out then the Dragons might just turn around and say to him well the offer has been reduced by another 50K.

Poore then has the option of either -
1. Accepting the Saints revised offer or
2. Going to the Sharks or
3. Come crawling back to the Eels via his manager and asking for the original deal to be placed back on the table. We then re offer a reduced deal.

We have to stop giving these player managers all the power !!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Good for you.

As I said, "legend" is an over used word. Club legend, which you didn't say the first time, is different.
Kenny was a legend. Price was a legend. Cronin, Thornett, Sterling, Lynch, O'Reilly were all legends. Hindmarsh is close, if not already there.

Cayless? Meh.

Suity

no worries suity, when Cayless is inducted in the clubs hall of fame i'm sure your letter to the board dissaproving your decision will be taken into consideration.

in the meantime we'll agree to disagree.

Avenger

Immortal
I reckon the eels should make a deadline in the next week. It is very clear he doesnt want to leave the dragons and doesnt want to go to the sharks.

He either accepts the eels offer or takes a chance with the Dragons coming up to scratch.
If he holds out then the Dragons might just turn around and say to him well the offer has been reduced by another 50K.

3. Come crawling back to the Eels via his manager and asking for the original deal to be placed back on the table. We then re offer a reduced deal.

Have we withdrawn our offer ?

Stagger eel

Staff member

not a bad idea..

he's also holding several frontrowers who are already off contract to ransom, they're all waiting for him to make decision be the musical chairs start to take affect.

Fathead

Bench
not a bad idea..

he's also holding several frontrowers who are already off contract to ransom, they're all waiting for him to make decision be the musical chairs start to take affect.
I mean just how long are we going to wait ?
The more we wait the more desperate we are looking and the more power he has to hold us to ransom.

caylo

Bench
Father head if you said to a player ill pulling my offer in 2 weeks and his is genuine about makeing a move but unsure then he will just move on. I would give him a deadline but remember the old deadline used to be july 1st, a few years ago we couldnt even negotiate with Poore yet.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Good for you.

Cayless? Meh.

Suity

I would consider Cayless a legend if he led Parramatta to a premiership though.

Suitman

Post Whore
no worries suity, when Cayless is inducted in the clubs hall of fame i'm sure your letter to the board dissaproving your decision will be taken into consideration.

in the meantime we'll agree to disagree.

Nice try at putting words into my mouth. You've done a MITS there.
Hall of Fame? Yeh, he'll probably get there. Would I begrudge it? No.

Furthermore........

Loyal? Absolutely.

Consistantly above average or great? No way. Long hall toiler at best.

Legend? Not on my list, and not compared to those who have passed before him.

Deserved of Hall of Fame status? Yes, probably, but mainly due to longetivity and loyalty.

Suity

Fathead

Bench
Father head if you said to a player ill pulling my offer in 2 weeks and his is genuine about makeing a move but unsure then he will just move on. I would give him a deadline but remember the old deadline used to be july 1st, a few years ago we couldnt even negotiate with Poore yet.

He has been quoted more than once in stating that he doesnt want to leave. It is quite clear that he is just hedging his bets.

We just have to take the high ground here and there are players out there who actually want to come to the eels !!

We have made an offer and must have a dead line on it !!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
I mean just how long are we going to wait ?
The more we wait the more desperate we are looking and the more power he has to hold us to ransom.

well..it's sort of a Cat and Mouse game atm, everyone's waiting to see what the big cheese is doing before they make their move, Poore may well be holding 3 clubs to ransom but have you noticed that the following frontrowers have yet to sign with any clubs yet..

Matt Scott
Mat Bell
Shane Shackleton
Mickey Paea
Nate Myles
Josh Cordoba
Junior Paulo
Matt white
Jeremy Latimore
scott Logan
Kade Snowden
Ben Ross

and probably a few others I can't think off atm..

Fathead

Bench
well..it's sort of a Cat and Mouse game atm, everyone's waiting to see what the big cheese is doing before they make their move, Poore may well be holding 3 clubs to ransom but have you noticed that the following frontrowers have yet to sign with any clubs yet..

Matt Scott
Mat Bell
Shane Shackleton
Mickey Paea
Nate Myles
Josh Cordoba
Junior Paulo
Matt white
Jeremy Latimore
scott Logan
Kade Snowden
Ben Ross

Exactly !!!
There are some pretty good front rowers there !!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Nice try at putting words into my mouth. You've done a MITS there.
Hall of Fame? Yeh, he'll probably get there. Would I begrudge it? No.

Furthermore........

Loyal? Absolutely.

Consistantly above average or great? No way. Long hall toiler at best.

Legend? Not on my list, and not compared to those who have passed before him.

Deserved of Hall of Fame status? Yes, probably, but mainly due to longetivity and loyalty.

Suity

well suity, you've spent a great deal of time laughing at my opinion of him being a legend, and then gave us examples of other sports stars, so I do agree as a rugby league player and a club legend he's no Micky Mantle, Roger Federer, Pele or Tiger woods but he still makes a good footballer.

i don't have a problem with you thinking otherwise suity.

Parraren

Bench

Matt Scott
Mat Bell
Shane Shackleton
Mickey Paea
Nate Myles
Josh Cordoba
Junior Paulo
Matt white
Jeremy Latimore
scott Logan
Kade Snowden
Ben Ross

Hey Stagger are you aware if we are even talking to Matt Scott?

The media have so far only linked us to Poore, Shackleton & Bell from memory.

I know we'd be a long shot to convince a Qlder to relocate to NSW but it seems very odd that the Cowboys haven't wrapped him up yet.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hey Stagger are you aware if we are even talking to Matt Scott?

The media have so far only linked us to Poore, Shackleton & Bell from memory.

I know we'd be a long shot to convince a Qlder to relocate to NSW but it seems very odd that the Cowboys haven't wrapped him up yet.

his name was linked to us, yes.

but I guess that depends on what Poore does, whether he decides to stay and who our next choice after poore is.