What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kapow - sandow

Bigfella

Coach
Dykes was dally m five eighth of the year when we signed him and we were in desperate need of a half.

It was a massive signing and I don't think that the club could be blamed for signing him.

I reckon it is a potentially good analogy.

Dykes was a great great signing. And he turned out to be a dud. I don;t reckon anyone could have expected that.

It some ways, Sandow has the potential to go the same way. Questions over his off field mentality; whether he will fit the club's style; whether he is the organiser we want.

Had to sign dykes at the time imo. Had to sign sandow even more this time around.

There ar eno guarantees when you sign someone. But he was the best avaialable option by a long, long way so let's hope for the best

caylo

Bench
Please - comparing Dykes with Sandow? You have to be kidding.

Dykes was an average player when we bought him - there was no hype on my part.

Disagree Dykes was a very good player but the difference was he had a halfback at the sharks and then came to parra and he struggled with organising and being the focal point of attack. Also injuries and the fact that his heart wasn't in it contributed to him playing some poor footy.

Pazza

First Grade
i would be amped even if we signed Luke Walsh or Peter Wallace! The fact we have a real halfback at the club is amazing!

Eels Dude

Coach
Lol dude...everything is money now. If he actually loved the rabbitohs hed stay there.

He didnt.

He makes a good point though. Sandow is the kind of player that plays better when he's happy. He plays on emotion. Of course he left for the money. But money can't buy happiness.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
He makes a good point though. Sandow is the kind of player that plays better when he's happy. He plays on emotion. Of course he left for the money. But money can't buy happiness.

Exactly. Although there is nothing to say that he won't love it at the Eels and play out his career for us.

As an Eels fan who cheers for the Bunnies whenever they aren't play us, I look forward to continuing to cheer for Sandow. I love watching him play when he's amped up and going well.

DeanPay98

Juniors
Dykes was a 5/8 when we needed a halfback. We had Taylor retire at the end of 2001 and we foolishly let PJ Marsh go to the Warriors in 2002. In 2002 our halfback options were McFadden and eventually Drew (he played there against Souths etc).

The Sandow situation is very different. We have not managed our halfback stocks were well until over certain periods, 2002-2004 and 2008-2011, and we have struggled because of that. Hopefully, we've turned the corner.

Parraren

Bench
Dykes was a 5/8 when we needed a halfback. We had Taylor retire at the end of 2001 and we foolishly let PJ Marsh go to the Warriors in 2002. In 2002 our halfback options were McFadden and eventually Drew (he played there against Souths etc).

Spot on.

DeanPay98

Juniors
Can't blame DA for poaching PJ. he coached him in the juniors. We were bringing PJ through as a halfback before Taylor came along. Plus one of the reasons for having Taylor was so that he could mentor PJ.

EELICIT

Juniors
Kapow just put a nice little chip on and regathered. Almost scored too. Cant wait for next year !

Kapow just put a nice little chip on and regathered. Almost scored too. Cant wait for next year !
he nearly got a 40/20 as well :D
i know sandow was far from alone but in the second half souths continually threw possession away by going for the miracle ball when they needed to build pressure lets hope he isnt mateo mark 2

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Souths are at their absolute peak this year. It doesn't get any better.

Next year they'll be back where they belong.

Latest posts