What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kapow - sandow

Eelementary

Post Whore
"problem there is we already have a magnificent goal-kicker in Burt"
That's not a problem, it's a luxury

Haha true.

I'm wondering who will kick goals for us next year? I want to say Burt, for two reasons:

(1) It gives Burt a genuine shot at breaking/setting the points scoring record at Parramatta (I can't remember if he's broken it yet?)

(2) take that pressure off of Sandow's shoulders and let him focus on steering the side around.

Good signing, Chris Sandow. He also gives us that "hate factor" which all the successful sides need!

MrT

Juniors
Our young Barba has all the skills to be just as good as if not better. It's only his weight that could hold him back. He's 68kg and really needs to stack on 15kg.

He's the best player on the park when ever he plays

Stagger eel

Staff member
Our young Barba has all the skills to be just as good as if not better. It's only his weight that could hold him back. He's 68kg and really needs to stack on 15kg.

He's the best player on the park when ever he plays

mate, he has a long way to go to get to the level Ben got at that level...Ben was arguebly the greatest NYC player in the history of that format.

MrT

Juniors
Stagger, from what I have seen I am more than happy with Marmin and I hope he continues to develop and plays 1st grade for us one day.

10 metres out from the line he's almost unstoppable. I do realise it's U/20's but you have to give credit where credit is due

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Watched the game at the Pub, i thought he looked pretty darn good. He offered more in one game than Morts and Robbo have offered in nearly 2 seasons.

Eels Dude

Coach
Haha true.

I'm wondering who will kick goals for us next year? I want to say Burt, for two reasons:

(1) It gives Burt a genuine shot at breaking/setting the points scoring record at Parramatta (I can't remember if he's broken it yet?)

He's not going to get there mate... Mick Cronin held the overall record for a long time. Burt's about 450 point behind him.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He's the same player he was last week when most people didn't rate him

Noa

First Grade
Dont under-estimate the effect Issac luke' horrible service has on his game as, especailly kicking.
'
With a genuine 9 his level of play should rise without much effort.

cv8z

Juniors
Well I would happily swap Keating for Isaac.

I think Keating might just get there. He showed some glimpses of improvement before his brother bit him
He has the rest of the year to impress and own the #9. Up to him I guess

Stagger eel

Staff member
Stagger, from what I have seen I am more than happy with Marmin and I hope he continues to develop and plays 1st grade for us one day.

10 metres out from the line he's almost unstoppable. I do realise it's U/20's but you have to give credit where credit is due

oh! he's a fine talent, don't get me wrong and I'm as excited as anyone with him being at the club but his brother was an incredible player in the 2009 comp and his strike rate was amazing.

Tyler Durden

Juniors

It's a massive step up from Toyota Cup to NRL - as Jacob Loko is quickly finding out. But Jacob will also make it if given time to develop.

With Ben Barba, there has been some really smart coaching by Kevin Moore. He kept Ben in the lower grades, gave him a taste of NRL to see the level that he had to get to - and then Kevin sent him back into the lower grades to get his confidence back, develop further and then unleash him back into the NRL, and now we are seeing a young player with loads of ability matched with the confidence and swagger.
Parramatta need to do the same patience with our boom young kids to make sure that they make it and not burn out if they don't dominate immediately in the NRL.

Bigfella

Coach
And you have to remember Barbara cost them games when he was blooded. He was truly awful. Everyone knew he had something magic about him though. Loko has probably done better than Barba did at his first crack tbh

Latest posts