What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kapow - sandow

jk13

First Grade
it has to go down to the dumbest thing i've ever seen thurston do (including off field). just kill the ball knucklehead! kapow let a try in, but never say die

Stagger eel

Staff member
did anyone notice the conversation he was having with willie after the game? probabl both plotting to kill their managers after making them sign for us..lol

slammingsam

Juniors
and yet the Souths fans will still say we paid overs and they are glad he's gone

See there is the issue. You guys and the media all see the individual run or the goal kick but miss the other 75 mins of the game. No doubt he is a brilliant individual but its funny there is no mention of him dropping the ball late in the game in our half or him grubbering on halfway in extra time to give them the ball back or letting in the last try or others for that matter. Stop fapping boys and watch the game, not the 1 min highlight reel or media article.

Stagger eel

Staff member
See there is the issue. You guys and the media all see the individual run or the goal kick but miss the other 75 mins of the game. No doubt he is a brilliant individual but its funny there is no mention of him dropping the ball late in the game in our half or him grubbering on halfway in extra time to give them the ball back or letting in the last try or others for that matter. Stop fapping boys and watch the game, not the 1 min highlight reel or media article.

I'll give you a tip sam, with our current form, we'll take that 75 minutes anyday of the week mate..;-)

So you are happy he's gone? He's been the difference for you guys between winning and losing we have been looking for a difference especially with the games we've been in. I know he's not perfect but we'll take him.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade

oh he dropped the ball, he had a look and dropped it on a wet night. He let a try in, wanna mention the piss weak attempt to help by the center and winger on either side of him? If sandow dosent play last night, souths dont win mate

Blue & Gold

Juniors
oh he dropped the ball, he had a look and dropped it on a wet night. He let a try in, wanna mention the piss weak attempt to help by the center and winger on either side of him? If sandow dosent play last night, souths dont win mate

Same for the game against Dragons, I felt they would not of won without Sandow.

hindy111

Post Whore
He did make a few mistakes-He also kicked out on the full...Benj marshal does the same thing-But he did some briliant plays too.
The intercept-the side line conversion-the bump to KO the 5/8 into the in goals- the pass when he was about to be tackled in goals..-His kicking game was solid and he steered the team around ok as well....
I dont think sandow is in the superstar mould yet.He still doesnt offer that killer pass but he has a great kicking game-great goal kicker-great runiing game and he gives 100%...I think he has had about 6 games where he single handly pipped use over the line.If he did the same at parra we would be sitting in 4th position

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The guy is magical. The only thing he's not yet exceptional at is his decision making, but even that is improving (last night's pass to Roberts was timed perfectly - it's easy to throw that pass too early or too late).

As for his mistakes, every small player misses tackles or concedes offloads or gets carried across his tryline. And every playmaker makes more than their share of handling errors, but you accept a degree of risk from these players because without them you'd create fewer linebreaks and tries.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
How's good has he been since we signed him!

I was a bit of a sceptic when we were first linked with him but I'm so glad now that he's ours.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
The guy is magical. The only thing he's not yet exceptional at is his decision making, but even that is improving (last night's pass to Roberts was timed perfectly - it's easy to throw that pass too early or too late).

As for his mistakes, every small player misses tackles or concedes offloads or gets carried across his tryline. And every playmaker makes more than their share of handling errors, but you accept a degree of risk from these players because without them you'd create fewer linebreaks and tries.

Yes the pass to Roberts was sensational. They make a good combo.

Kornstar

Coach

:lol:

I was a little critical of his signing at first, due to his inconsistency in the past BUT, this is by far his best year! I am getting more excited every week that we got him, how much pressure will he take off Hayne? That is what excites me more!

Souths have no structure, the coach gives no game plan......we will have players to spot him in defence and he will have Hayne to help him share the playmaking and freakish shit, less pressure on both imo!

Yep, he will make mistakes, every player does, it's that he keeps trying that gives so much more to his performance, same as Hayne, Thurston, Marshall......that is how they break games apart!

Yep, he will make mistakes, every player does, it's that he keeps trying that gives so much more to his performance, same as Hayne, Thurston, Marshall......that is how they break games apart!
thats the thing i love about him his determination he never stops trying he could have dropped his head after kicking out on the full or letting tonga score but he didnt he kept plugging away and set up the try that saved the game for them