What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kapow - sandow

Parra Pride

Referee
And you have to remember Barbara cost them games when he was blooded. He was truly awful. Everyone knew he had something magic about him though. Loko has probably done better than Barba did at his first crack tbh

Who is Barbara? Can he play halfback?

Gronk

Staff member
Sandow the kneecapper. I like it. :D

374850-chris-sandow-kneecapper.jpg

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...dangerous-tackle/story-e6frexnr-1226082375353

Mickyd39

Juniors
is there a chance of a mid season swap, we take Sandow now and souffs can have Robson.:lol::lol:

boxhead

First Grade
Robson is going to the Sharks remember. Souths are too hurt to relinquish their star player :)lol: Inglis :lol:) to us after they couldn't retain him.

Gronk

Staff member
terrible tackle

We do it at the eels. Two players wrap up the ball and force the player off balance. Third player tackles him around the legs to immobilize him. The Sandow tackle has been criticised only because he goes in hard around the legs. Yes the impact could cause leg damage but it is a contact sport and we do teach out kids to tackle around the legs anyway.

Not sure how this is supposed to be policed TBH.

Gronk

Staff member
Q: Does Sandow play left or right at Souths or does he have a licence float around ?

Gronk

Staff member
Yep. You'll see him in centrefield a lot but you never see him bob up on the left.

The only time Sutton moves away from the left edge is at attacking scrums.

Ok so is Roberts, Morts or Humble a left hand side player ?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ok so is Roberts, Morts or Humble a left hand side player ?

That close to the ruck (i.e. first/second receiver) it doesn't really mater what side you play on. Beating a man one-on-one isn't really the name of the game for halves so those individual skills aren't a player's be-all and end-all like they are for wingers and centres.

Most teams play their halfback on the right and their five-eighth on the left, since right-handed players (i.e. most players) shift the ball faster from right to left. This is because most teams aim to make their long shifts (for those teams that use long shifts) from the right side of the posts.

Exceptions are Soward, Maloney, Thompson, McCrone and Lockyer.

For what it's worth though, Roberts is a left-footed kicker which is always nice to have on the left side of the field.

caylo

Bench
For what it's worth though, Roberts is a left-footed kicker which is always nice to have on the left side of the field.

Roberts does play a heavy left game and Sandow does play a heavy right/centre game so they fit in that way.

The good thing is while Roberts is a heavy left-sided player he has a good long ball left to right and right to left (much better then Robson, Mortz or MaGuire). His distribution both sides is pretty quick which is an advantage, his short kicking game is superior on the left side thou.

Sandow does shift right occasionally, I do see him more as a true first reciever rather then a left/right player when the rabbits are in attacking formation. When they start playing more ad-lib footy sutton takes over and often is rocks and diamonds. When the rabbits shift long they generally are shifting to the left which is why I guess Sandow looks a more right handed player when they are in formation.

Gronk

Staff member
Souths savour last moments of Sandow

750791-8879989-317-238.jpg

Eurosport

The question has to be asked, what on earth will South Sydney do next NRL season without their miracle worker Chris Sandow?

The freakish halfback has an uncanny knack for executing the thrilling finish, and yet again he got the Rabbitohs out of jail in their 26-24 golden point heart-stopper against North Queensland.
Sandow will never die wondering, and with just minutes left on the clock, Sandow yet again rolled the dice and won - latching onto an intercept to dash 80 metres.
He was run down by Matt Bowen, but the game-breaking play set up a try to Chris McQueen in the opposite corner two tackles later.
The 22 year-old appeared so distressed and disorientated after the epic dash off a Johnathan Thurston pass, that he didn't appear capable of taking the conversion from the sideline to tie the match up.
But with little preparation time, the Parramatta-bound master slotted the kick from the right touch-line and leapt for joy as golden point was summoned.
Sandow thrives in the clutch and when presented with a controversial penalty goal in the first half of overtime, he potted it from 30 metres out, right in front.
"I think the one from in front (was tougher) because I did a lot of practice during the week from the sideline and it paid off tonight," he said.
"But I was nervous as hell I think everyone would have been from the sideline at that time of the game.
"Yeah I was (exhausted), I spoke to Matty (Bowen) after the game I told him he should have let me score. I was pretty tired after that.
"We do we take each game really confidently so hopefully GI and Nathan's (injured stars Greg Inglis and Nathan Merritt) back next week and give us a really big boost."
Even though the overwhelming emotion for South Sydney at the moment is ecstasy that their finals chances have been kept alive, there's also a gnawing realisation that one of the game's most instinctive and naturally gifted footballers won't wear red and green next season.
Parramatta coach Stephen Kearney must have watched the final moments of the match with a wry smile, then pressed replay and watched it over again.
Rabbitohs coach John Lang had to endure another heart attack finish, but his replacement next season Michael Maguire would take the palpitations any day of the week instead of the far more painful scenario of watching Sandow flourish at another club.
Eurosport - AAP
http://au.eurosport.com/australian-football/souths-savour-last-moments_sto2913543/story.shtml

Gronk

Staff member
Sandow delivers again as Rabbits keep their finals hopes alive
Brad Walter
August 20, 2011

SOUTH SYDNEY 26 NORTH QUEENSLAND 24

WHATEVER Parramatta are paying Chris Sandow next season, South Sydney officials must surely be wishing they had bettered it after he spearheaded an injury-hit Rabbitohs outfit to a controversial golden point win over North Queensland that keeps their finals hopes alive.

After losing Greg Inglis and Nathan Merritt before kick-off and with five-eighth John Sutton forced from the field with a suspected broken finger midway through the second half, Souths conceded two quick tries to give the Cowboys a 24-12 lead just eight minutes from full-time but regrouped to force the game into extra time after Sandow converted a Chris McQueen try from the sideline.

The Rabbitohs halfback was instrumental in the 79th-minute try after intercepting a Johnathan Thurston try on his own line and sprinting 90 metres before being run down.

Souths spread the ball across the field before Dave Taylor put Tyrrell over in the corner and an exhausted Sandow ensured the Rabbitohs remain in the finals race by threading the ball between the posts.

Sandow then kicked an 84th-minute penalty goal to secure victory after a high shot by North Queensland hooker James Segeyaro on his Souths opposite Issac Luke 30 metres out from the Cowboys line.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...hopes-alive-20110819-1j2o5.html#ixzz1VVQBcMNp

hineyrulz

Post Whore
When he kicked the conversion from the sideline i yelled out Kapow!!! :lol: Can't wait to see the little bloke in the Blue and Gold.