What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Karmichael Hunt

oikee

Juniors
The NRL should never chase players who code-hop.
Let them go and lets say good-bye to them.
Falou is another who we should not be pursuing. If he wants to play Rugby overseas, good for him, out of sight out of mind is not benefiting our code. So why fawn over these code-hoppers who do it for the money. Burn themselves out, see the world, then come back expecting top dollar.

If the NRL is really serious, they should be bending over backwards and looking to the future stars, of our code, in our code.

You need to look no further than the way Cooper Cronk not only presents himself, but the way he loves the code and announces his love for the game is the type of player we should be promoting,.

Not the Falou';s, not the Hunts, and not the Sonny Bills.
If we keep neglecting our own stars, they will merely take the well travelled path of these other code hoppers.

ram raid

Bench
I haven't missed him or Folou. They're good players but who cares. We don't need any more fullbacks or centers.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
He's already penaltyball's second best player. His mother named him well, wasn't missed and not needed now.

Diesel

Referee
Once the Broncos were a draw for players, now they struggle to get big name players.

some11

Referee
Once the Broncos were a draw for players, now they struggle to get big name players.

Give me a few reasons why we should sign Hunt.

Just remember there's a salary cap investigation going on while you list them.

Diesel

Referee
Give me a few reasons why we should sign Hunt.

Just remember there's a salary cap investigation going on while you list them.

I don't think you should, you already have 4 fullbacks for next year and if he was coming to the NRL then he should go to the Titans.

davi

Juniors
The NRL should never chase players who code-hop.
Let them go and lets say good-bye to them.
Falou is another who we should not be pursuing. If he wants to play Rugby overseas, good for him, out of sight out of mind is not benefiting our code. So why fawn over these code-hoppers who do it for the money. Burn themselves out, see the world, then come back expecting top dollar.

If the NRL is really serious, they should be bending over backwards and looking to the future stars, of our code, in our code.

You need to look no further than the way Cooper Cronk not only presents himself, but the way he loves the code and announces his love for the game is the type of player we should be promoting,.

Not the Falou';s, not the Hunts, and not the Sonny Bills.
If we keep neglecting our own stars, they will merely take the well travelled path of these other code hoppers.

Here, Here!!!! And Oikee, Karmichael Hunt's quotes back up your statements.

Hunt on AFL:

" There is no sport like it. In terms of the whole package, its the best game out there."

Hunt on his time with the Broncos:

"I knew back then I wasn't getting any better. I wasn't learning anything new, I wasn't learning how to look after myself like these boys do."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-queensland-reds/story-fnia415y-1227039764041

Sorry guys, but I would rather have someone who plays Rugby League for the love of the sport. Not just coming back for a paycheck. If Hunt views Rugby League in those terms, it's probably better he doesn't come back.

Last edited:

oikee

Juniors
Here, Here!!!! And Oikee, Karmichael Hunt's quotes back up your statements.

Hunt on AFL:

" There is no sport like it. In terms of the whole package, its the best game out there."

Hunt on his time with the Broncos:

"I knew back then I wasn't getting any better. I wasn't learning anything new, I wasn't learning how to look after myself like these boys do."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-queensland-reds/story-fnia415y-1227039764041

Sorry guys, but I would rather have someone who plays Rugby League for the love of the sport. Not just coming back for a paycheck. If Hunt views Rugby League in those terms, it's probably better he doesn't come back.

Well there you go. I knew he would have put shite on our code. I have never even opened a story about this wanker since he left.

What our code should be doing is saying, putting out a statement along these lines.
We will not be chasing K.Hunt the code-hopper. We would rather spend 1 or 2 million on one or two of our future junior superstars and players who are loyal to our code than spend money on a code hopper who also defamed our code with his previous remarks.
Send these tossers a message.

Hunt is a grub, why would our code want him back.
At least Sonny Bill acts like he likes the game.
Hunt and Falou are two players who never should be paid a cent to come back, and clubs should be ashamed to even promote them or have their own players in that club call them a good bloke, they are not.
They (Hunt and Falou) have little morals, none that i would ever teach my kids or anyone's else kids.

TheDalek079

Bench
well if we are in the realm of shunning anyone who has ever said anything bad about our game, then why haven't we told Mal Meninga to f**k off yet?