What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Karmichael Hunt

davi

Juniors
well if we are in the realm of shunning anyone who has ever said anything bad about our game, then why haven't we told Mal Meninga to f**k off yet?

I can't remember Mal Menniga saying another code is better then Rugby League.

Parra

Referee
I can't remember Mal Menniga saying another code is better then Rugby League.

He shat on rugby league when he made his excuses to go to superleague.

Something along the lines of "What has rugby league ever done for me"

davi

Juniors
He shat on rugby league when he made his excuses to go to superleague.

Something along the lines of "What has rugby league ever done for me"

Nice try, but tell me where is saying that another code is better then Rugby League? Last time I checked Superleague is Rugby League as well.

Parra

Referee
It was super. Last time I checked they couldn't use the name rugby league and they had some different rules. It's like trying to claim the XFL was NFL or the early day WSC stats should count in cricket. They don't.

davi

Juniors
It was super. Last time I checked they couldn't use the name rugby league and they had some different rules. It's like trying to claim the XFL was NFL or the early day WSC stats should count in cricket. They don't.

Piss off!!! Claiming that Super League was not rugby league is most ridiculous defense I have ever heard. Are you serious? I'm trying to be fair, and you are suggesting that anyone who bagged the NRL and went to super league are "Code hopping".

All because of a couple of minor changes- in you're logic then the current NRL is not rugby League because they have the video ref which was brought in originally from Superleague.

crocodile

Bench
Piss off!!! Claiming that Super League was not rugby league is most ridiculous defense I have ever heard. Are you serious? I'm trying to be fair, and you are suggesting that anyone who bagged the NRL and went to super league are "Code hopping".

All because of a couple of minor changes- in you're logic then the current NRL is not rugby League because they have the video ref which was brought in originally from Superleague.

So if player X left their NRL club to play Gaelic football in Dublin or Union for the Shamrocks, that's awful but if they left to play League in France, that's OK is it.

Parra

Referee

Superleague merkins and clubs involved should never have been allowed to return to rugby league. They could keep playing superleague all they want.

Parra

Referee
What they did was not comparable to a player who has the balls to try his hand at a different game.

The superleague merkins did what they did with the intention to derail rugby league to a point that all pro players would need to defect.

shiznit

Coach
Superleague merkins and clubs involved should never have been allowed to return to rugby league. They could keep playing superleague all they want.
You f**king idiot... If that was the case rugby league would have been destroyed...

SL or ARL... For the good of the game they had to merge.

Parra

Referee
All that would have happened is that foxtel wouldn't have monopolised the aussie pay tv market.

League would've kicked arse like it always did.

Superleague and the merkins who supported it would never have been heard from again.

Parra

Referee
No wonder the people who want to rewrite history come from the clubs who tried to sink the code and start their own.

Delboy

First Grade
On a different matter, wonder how the Brumbies and the Melbourne teams feel , they are both running at a massive loss and the ARU have withdrawn funding of about $500 k for 2015, with no only for development in their areas

Then they run this new comp , whatever it is called, interesting times - and they suggest the NRL has problems. I have. 2 grandsons who play the silly game, and their clubs struggle for teams, this year they amalgamated 2 years so they can field sides.

some11

Referee
All that would have happened is that foxtel wouldn't have monopolised the aussie pay tv market.

League would've kicked arse like it always did.

Superleague and the merkins who supported it would never have been heard from again.

f**k yeah, NSWRL untelevised played at suburban grounds forever.

davi

Juniors

It's not relevant to my post. I'm saying that Karmichal Hunt suggesting AFL is a better code then Rugby league is completely different to Mal Meninga bagging ARL over Superleague.

Meninga is not and has never said that any code is better than Rugby League. That's why this is a big difference between criticizing Rugby League than suggesting other codes are better, which is what Hunt has done.

Hunt does not have the interests of Rugby League at his heart. He's promoting other codes and demeaning Rugby League at it's expense. This is completely different issue compared to having two rugby league comps and Meninga choosing one over the other.

Meninga is promoting the game and wants Rugby League to succeed. Hunt is telling the media and the fans AFL is the best game out there so get behind it. But if you want side to continue to defend Hunt with you're weak incoherent irrational comparison to Menniga. Then so be it. :roll:

Latest posts