What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kasiano charged

ByRd

First Grade
http://www.nrl.com/kasiano-hit-with-nrl-high-shot-charge/tabid/10874/newsid/68659/default.aspx

Sam Kasiano is in danger of missing Canterbury's NRL crunch clash with Manly on Friday after he was slugged with a grade two high tackle charge by the match review committee on Monday.

The giant Kiwi prop was placed on report after catching Parramatta's Fuifui Moimoi with a swinging arm across the jaw in the opening hit-up of the Bulldogs' 32-12 win over the Eels on Friday.

The challenge saw Moimoi spend the rest of the game on the sidelines, and Parramatta reduced to 16 players for the remaining 79 minutes of the game.

Canterbury coach Des Hasler said after the game he feared Kasiano may be punished, and the Bulldogs have until Tuesday to decide if they will fight the charge at a judiciary hearing on Wednesday.

ByRd

First Grade
This is a ridiculous decision. Im not just saying this because im a dogs fan but what else could Sammy do in that instance, Fui had slipped over and was almost to his knees when he got hit. If he stays upright, the arm goes around the stomach/chest and its a non issue.

I can live with a penalty but to cop a charge for an incident like that is lame!!!

Pugzley

WTF??? He FELL into Kasiano's arm for f**ks sake.

What were the match review commitee watching? 2 girls 1 cup?

lockyno1

Post Whore
This is a ridiculous decision. Im not just saying this because im a dogs fan but what else could Sammy do in that instance, Fui had slipped over and was almost to his knees when he got hit. If he stays upright, the arm goes around the stomach/chest and its a non issue.

I can live with a penalty but to cop a charge for an incident like that is lame!!!

Here is a suggestion...don't swing his arm and knock the bloke out, what happened with the old fashioned aim at the stomach rather than his head. He is lucky he stayed on the field...and if that was careless...well that will just about do me.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I don't like the Dogs, I don't like Kasiano, but you're right. Shouldn't be charged and certainly shouldn't miss any games because of what looked like a genuine accident.

ByRd

First Grade
Here is a suggestion...don't swing his arm and knock the bloke out, what happened with the old fashioned aim at the stomach rather than his head. He is lucky he stayed on the field...and if that was careless...well that will just about do me.

You're kidding right?? Did you even see the incident, Fui slipped and was at his knees, WTF do you want Kasiano or any other player to do in that instance?? if Fui stays up and runs into sammy, the arm goes around the chest area, lucky he stayed on the field :lol::lol:

Pugzley

Um, mate... did you see the tackle of Fui by Kasiano?

If Fui had not stumbled, Kasiano would've collected him in trhe chest area.

Bazal

Post Whore
Yawn. Swinging arm, got him in the head, has been a chargeable offence for years regardless of how high off the ground the player is. You don't want to be charged, stop swinging your arm, easy. Surprised it will only be a week on precedent, more accidental shots have gotten higher.

ek999

First Grade

Did you see the tackle and where Moi Moi was when he got hit. He was on his knees when he got to the defensive line. If he was upright he would have been hit in the stomach or in the ribs and there wouldn't be a problem.

It was an accident, Moi Moi fell and Kasiano couldn't co anything about it. Happy with a penalty and for it to be put on report so the Eels get a free interchange but there is no way he should be suspended when he did nothing wrong

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Easily the worst trolling attempt on LU in recent memory.

Moz 1982

Juniors
Penalty should be suffice. Bad decision to charge him for accidental conduct such as this. Had Fui not fallen, contact would have been with Fui's stomach or chest.

lockyno1

Post Whore
You're kidding right?? Did you even see the incident, Fui slipped and was at his knees, WTF do you want Kasiano or any other player to do in that instance?? if Fui stays up and runs into sammy, the arm goes around the chest area, lucky he stayed on the field :lol::lol:

Saw it live, watched the game again actually on replay. t was high and frankly it was reckless, it isn't the first time Kasiano has done it- maybe he should learn that he can't go and give players coathangers and get away with it!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Yawn. Swinging arm, got him in the head, has been a chargeable offence for years regardless of how high off the ground the player is. You don't want to be charged, stop swinging your arm, easy. Surprised it will only be a week on precedent, more accidental shots have gotten higher.

Exactly, notice is is basically all the Bulldogs fans saying 'he should get off'...well if Ben Teo gets weeks, Kasiano deserves some as well. Amazed it is only a grade 2!

bartman

Immortal
Sure, a stiff/swinging arm connecting clean with the head - but not at head height. Would have given him a Grade 1 (careless/reckless), and he'd be looking at one week off or an early plea to escape (unless he had already some prior form and weightings).

Not sure it should be a grade 2 though.... they might fight it and try and get him off.

gronkathon

First Grade
It was always going to get a charge IMHO.

I don't agree with it but the rule of thumb has always seemed to be if you wing an arm with a clenched fist and it goes wrong, even with extenuating circumstances, you cop a charge.

With a challenge he should get off

Latest posts