What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kasiano charged

Bazal

Post Whore
It's a fairly easy thing to tackle without swinging your arm. Actually it's easier and more effective, and the point is that a swinging arm is unnecessary addition people like to use to try and knock the ball free or rattle the player being tackled. He swung his arm with force, he got a bloke in the head, that has been cited for years. Not sure why it's a hard thing for people to understand tbh

ek999

First Grade
Because Kasiano never did anything to put himself in the position to hit Moi Moi in the head. Moi Moi was hit in the head purely because he was falling to the ground. He fell on his own accord and because he fell he got hit in the head. Not sure why its such a hard thing for people to understand tbh

Y2Eel

First Grade
Because Kasiano never did anything to put himself in the position to hit Moi Moi in the head. Moi Moi was hit in the head purely because he was falling to the ground. He fell on his own accord and because he fell he got hit in the head. Not sure why its such a hard thing for people to understand tbh

You are right Fui Fui fell to the ground...

Y2Eel

First Grade

You are right Fui Fui fell to the ground...

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut Watching the replay on foxsports Sam had time to react to the falling Fui Fui, you can even see him going lower so he knew he was falling and had to react not saying he went out to hit him in the head just saying it was still careless...

Grapple

Bench
It's a fairly easy thing to tackle without swinging your arm. Actually it's easier and more effective, and the point is that a swinging arm is unnecessary addition people like to use to try and knock the ball free or rattle the player being tackled. He swung his arm with force, he got a bloke in the head, that has been cited for years. Not sure why it's a hard thing for people to understand tbh

I see your point, but the thing is sometimes when you tackle you have to swing your arm to provide some impact to counter the players momentum. If you simply jump into a tackle with no force you'll be brushed aside, or carried for 10m every tackle attempt. It is easy to tackle without swinging your arm, but not effective when it's one on one, unless you're going around the waist or legs like a classic David Stagg tackle, but even then you haven't wrapped up the ball.

The problem is that a swinging arm in the waist or chest will help drive a player right back into the turf immediately and stop all forward momentum when done right. Sam's wasn't a high swinging arm - it was aimed lower than his shoulders.

Also,what hasn't really been mentioned is that if you slow down the reply it looks WAY worse. Real time I doubt any player could adjust to a player running at speed and slipping at the point of impact. The only way you could stop it is by outlawing the swinging arm altogether..... which would be more problematic than helpful.

Card Shark

Immortal
Perhaps justice for getting off the shoulder charge gone wrong earlier in the season.

Other than that, a disgraceful decision to charge him.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I honestly don't understand the outrage. It's absolutely amazing to me the number of people who are totally ignoring the swinging arm...regardless of where Fui's head was, it was hit with a swinging arm. He didn't fall into a chest or a hip, he fell into a blokes swinging forearm. That's been cited for years and years and years now and rightfully so. If Kasiano doesn't swing his arm, which is a high risk and ultimately pointless tackling style, then there is no issue. Personally any swinging arm is careless because not only does it greatly increase the chance of it going wrong like this one did, it's a good way to break your own damned arm. It's just a dumb and careless tactic in a tackle, especially from a bloke who is clearly able to play the enforcer without throwing is arms around, and this is the result of that.

So you've never played rugby league before, that's cool.

typicalfan

Coach
Fui slipped, accidents happen. Penalty on the ground was sufficient IMO.

Kasiano had no time to adjust, he is just copping it based on his size and Moimoi being knocked out which should not be taken into consideration imo.

Dresden Dan

Juniors
Didn't Manu Vatuvei beat a charge earlier this year as the player had slipped and was falling?

The NRL has gone silly over this. They want to punish for every accident that causes injury. Surprised no Sharks player has been given a grading for Kyle Stanley's knee busting yesterday.

Doga

Juniors
I find it especially ridiculous reading posts from those people saying Sams arm was swinging. Show me a tackle which doesn't have a swinging arm. You can't because when you do you'll realise it's called a shoulder charge. The act of wrapping your arm around someone involves swinging your arm.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I find it especially ridiculous reading posts from those people saying Sams arm was swinging. Show me a tackle which doesn't have a swinging arm. You can't because when you do you'll realise it's called a shoulder charge. The act of wrapping your arm around someone involves swinging your arm.

Shhhh common sense isn't wanted by many in this thread

ironhorse

Juniors
Should be banned for the season ! Who is thinking of the children !? luckily the Match Review Committee are .

Usain Bolt

Bench
It was an accident but he's still gotta cop the punishment, no different from when you have a car accident. You dont go out deliberately looking to crash into someone but you still gotta pay the price for it if it happens, you can't just say oh I didn't mean it and drive off

Bazal

Post Whore
So you've never played rugby league before, that's cool.

Sure, not even once :roll:

Seriously, do people not understand the difference between swing an arm forward with force and simply extending it to make a tackle? And I'm the one who's never played footy? Lol...

I think the people that lose here are Parramatta, they played 79mins with a player down whereas Manly reap the benefits of the suspension this coming week. I'm not saying he should have been suspended but rather(as Kearney stated in the PMPC) allow the 18th man come in.

On the tackle itself, it should have been a grade at most. He should not be missing a game but I guess the MRC want to pussify rugby league even more than it is already.

innerwestrabbit

Juniors
I hope he gets off, will set up a cracking game this Friday night. Had that tackle occured in the 80's. He probably would have got sent off. But Fui was falling over and Kasiano is like the titanic. There is no chance he could have avoided that impact.

Latest posts