What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kasiano charged

Mr Saab

Referee
Sam has loading from his shoulder charge which back then he should have been suspended for.

The Gambler

Juniors
My understanding is that in order to avoid suspension he has to fight the whole charge, rather than just the grading. Even if he goes down to a grade 1, he will still miss a week.

I can't see him getting off.

I think the one week is sufficient. Swinging arm with a clench fist, despite the lack of intent, is still careless IMO.

Danish

Referee
To be fair to the match review committee smashing a player in the face is only excused by falling when its on a roosters player (see cutie breaking Anasta's nose and Dwyer busting JWH's chin open)

DJShaksta

First Grade
Grade 2???
Are they kidding.
Fui was almost waist height when the contact happened.
If Sam gets suspended cos Fui fell into his arm that'll FUGGEN do me

he should fight this , Moi Moi fell , he slipped so the falling action was quick.

I cant see what Kasiano could do in that situation.

beave

Coach
The game i love is turning into a pansies game if this is the path they wanna go down.

Fui was falling, end of story.

Bazal

Post Whore
I honestly don't understand the outrage. It's absolutely amazing to me the number of people who are totally ignoring the swinging arm...regardless of where Fui's head was, it was hit with a swinging arm. He didn't fall into a chest or a hip, he fell into a blokes swinging forearm. That's been cited for years and years and years now and rightfully so. If Kasiano doesn't swing his arm, which is a high risk and ultimately pointless tackling style, then there is no issue. Personally any swinging arm is careless because not only does it greatly increase the chance of it going wrong like this one did, it's a good way to break your own damned arm. It's just a dumb and careless tactic in a tackle, especially from a bloke who is clearly able to play the enforcer without throwing is arms around, and this is the result of that.

saint pebba

Coach
Fair charge IMO.

JWH got a grade 1 for the same sort of tackle last monday(though he didnt knock the other player out cold).

Last edited:
Up there with Matt Priors hit on Thurston, grub repeatedly goes for this type of rubbish......

Personally his lucky to play again this season IMO, someone stop him b4 he kills someone.

ek999

First Grade
I honestly don't understand the outrage. It's absolutely amazing to me the number of people who are totally ignoring the swinging arm...regardless of where Fui's head was, it was hit with a swinging arm. He didn't fall into a chest or a hip, he fell into a blokes swinging forearm. That's been cited for years and years and years now and rightfully so. If Kasiano doesn't swing his arm, which is a high risk and ultimately pointless tackling style, then there is no issue. Personally any swinging arm is careless because not only does it greatly increase the chance of it going wrong like this one did, it's a good way to break your own damned arm. It's just a dumb and careless tactic in a tackle, especially from a bloke who is clearly able to play the enforcer without throwing is arms around, and this is the result of that.

How do you wrap your arms around someone without swinging your arm. If Fui wasn't on his knees he wouldn't have been hit in the head. There was nothing reckless or careless or whatever he was charged for in the tackle. If Fui is standing upright as is reasonable for defenders to assume it would have been a normal ball and all tackle preventing Fui from offloading. Instead Fui slipped and was down on his knees. What is Kasiano to do?

By your logic, whoever Ben Creagh hit his head on in Origin should be suspended because he kneed him in the head even though he got injured because he slipped. The Qld player did nothing wrong but a player still got hit in the head so they should be suspended

Big Pete

Referee
To be fair to the match review committee smashing a player in the face is only excused by falling when its on a roosters player (see cutie breaking Anasta's nose and Dwyer busting JWH's chin open)

Different interpretations in 2008.

Latest posts