What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kasiano nears QLD switch

orochimaru

Juniors
I love it how ANTiLAG assumes knowledge of how the NRL payment system works without backing up any claims.....

poor fella, in a world of his own, br0

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Where and what are you on about, orochimaru?

I am happy to clarify anything that confused you, orochimaru.

Last edited:

Mr Fourex

Bench
There are a large % where you don't decide to make a thread out of your words of wisdom and throw the post in the ever growing shitpile that comes out of your key board.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
There are a large % where you don't decide to make a thread out of your words of wisdom and throw the post in the ever growing shitpile that comes out of your key board.

Nope, not at all. Most of the time the "..." posts have duplicated for some reason.

Snappy

Coach
Queensland coach Mal Meninga says Queensland won't pick Sam Kasiano for Origin III

The Courier-Mail
June 21, 2012 12:00AM

MAROONS hierarchy last night closed the door on Sam Kasiano playing in the Origin decider as Queensland coach Mel Meninga hit back at claims he had made clandestine attempts to poach Kiwi players.

Speculation suggested Canterbury's 133kg giant Kasiano was in the frame to replace Dave Taylor for Origin III after the Coal Train's error-riddled display in Queensland's 16-12 loss in Game Two at Sydney's ANZ Stadium.

Queensland's purported interest in Kasiano sparked a furious outburst from New Zealand high-performance director Tony Kemp, who revealed the Bulldogs prop had already signed a letter of intent with the Kiwis.

However Meninga last night passionately defended Taylor, in the process denying rumours Queensland powerbrokers had made furtive moves to poach Kasiano from the Kiwis.

Meninga's stance comes two months after the Maroons coach met boom Cowboys forward Jason Taumalolo, who intimated his desire to represent Queensland before committing to NZ for the one-off trans-Tasman Test in April at Auckland's Eden Park.

"Let me make this clear - if Sam (Kasiano) wants to be a Queenslander, he has to declare himself a Queenslander," Meninga told The Courier-Mail.

"I have no idea where this (talk of Kasiano playing in Origin III) has come from. Apparently he has signed a letter of intent to play for New Zealand, well so be it.

"To be accused of poaching players . . . if anyone wants to play for Queensland, then stick your hand up for Queensland and then we'll think about selecting you."

Bulldogs teammate and fellow Queensland hopeful Ben Barba yesterday revealed Kasiano's interest in wearing Maroon.

"He wants to play for Queensland," Barba said.

"I've had a bit of a chat to him and he says he wants to play for us, so I'm hoping he does and hopefully one day he gets his chance."

Meninga said he was reluctant to put pressure on Kasiano as he weighs up his representative future.

"I spoke to Sam Kasiano before the start of the season, that's how long ago it was," he said. "I'm looking for people who want to play for Queensland, I'm not interested in poaching anybody.

"As for what the New Zealand Rugby League think I'm doing, I haven't poached a single player.

"Can someone tell me who I've poached? I asked Jason Taumalolo about his status and he made a decision to play for New Zealand, which is fair enough.

"I'm not going to thieve, beg or borrow players if they don't want to play for Queensland, simple as that."

While admitting he was disappointed in Taylor's display in Origin II, Meninga said he would not crucify the Souths hulk as he prepares for a return to form against the Broncos at Suncorp Stadium in round 16 tomorrow night.

Taylor, though, remains in the firing line if Broncos duo Sam Thaiday and Corey Parker prove their fitness ahead of the decider on July 4.

"Dave himself was a bit disappointed in his performance but I'm not going to castigate the bloke because he was a bit below form (in Game Two)," Meninga said. "I was a little bit disappointed in his performance, but that's not to say I don't have faith in him.

"Dave is performing at club level and I'm happy with his efforts there, we just need more effort in the Origin arena. But Dave isn't on the scrapheap because he didn't perform in one game."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...o-for-origin-iii/story-e6frepbx-1226403382721

Last edited:

Snappy

Coach
Kasiano won't be picked for Origin 3. Its all a load of speculative nonsense.

If the article is accurate (I don't believe it is) and he will play for whoever picks him first, then he will play for NZ, because HE WONT BE PICKED FOR ORIGIN 3. He will then play for NZ in October's test.

So you sheep shaggers can start untwisting your panties now instead of waiting til October.

I made these comments on Monday when the rumours first appeared in the media. Anyone with half a brain knew that Kasiano wouldnt be considered for Origin 3.

But you lot (read: butthurt kiwis) whipped yourselves into a frenzy over a load of speculative bullshit.

Last edited:

hitman82

Bench
Well done, Snappy. Still time for him to be picked though...

More to the point, I was concerned at the possibility that he COULD be picked, as it would deem him ineligible for NZ.

In the article you posted above, it appears Kasiano has indeed changed his allegiance to Queensland, so it's just a matter of time until he becomes an Australian rep rather than a Kiwi one.

The point remains that the rules have to change to prevent this happening, and to protect a: the "integrity" of State of Origin and b: the future growth and credibility of international rugby league.

I read that 40% of Under 20s players are Kiwi eligible... imagine how many of these are going to end up playing in your holy grail of "Australian" rugby league. I tell you right now, within a decade rather than mate vs mate, it will be bro vs bro.

Pedge1971

First Grade
I read that 40% of Under 20s players are Kiwi eligible... imagine how many of these are going to end up playing in your holy grail of "Australian" rugby league. I tell you right now, within a decade rather than mate vs mate, it will be bro vs bro.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and prob more than 80% are eligible to play for Aus based on current rules so what? The great unspoken is how Kiwis have been claiming Tongan, Samoan and other nationalities of Polynesian descent as their own in both rugby codes for years. In their minds, this is ok, but if Aus do it, we are somehow short changing NZ. Get real fellas. I agree legitimate blatant cases should be stamped out but the quote on Toyota Cup has little relevance to anything other than Polynesian (not Kiwi) players are the perfect athlete for the rugby code and a massive part of the future of the game.

Sleep

Juniors
What is there to say on the subject that hasn't already been said with the Tamou situation.

hitman82

Bench
Yeah, and prob more than 80% are eligible to play for Aus based on current rules so what? The great unspoken is how Kiwis have been claiming Tongan, Samoan and other nationalities of Polynesian descent as their own in both rugby codes for years. In their minds, this is ok, but if Aus do it, we are somehow short changing NZ. Get real fellas. I agree legitimate blatant cases should be stamped out but the quote on Toyota Cup has little relevance to anything other than Polynesian (not Kiwi) players are the perfect athlete for the rugby code and a massive part of the future of the game.

The other code means nothing to me, as it's a steaming pile of shit.

I do not support NZ stealing island players... but at the same time I can see why they choose to play for us. In an ideal world, we'd have more tests for island-origin players, allowing them to stick with the country they feel truly aligned to. A mid-season NZ vs combined island team series would help solve that issue.

And yes, the dual eligibility of many NYC products is very obvious.

Being locked into international representation by playing State of Origin is ridiculous, and damaging to the international game. I realise most Australians consider State of Origin to be more important than internationals, but that isn't how it should be, or how it has to be.

My previous comment was simply taking the piss, because your precious origin will eventually be played out between a bunch of islanders and kiwis, who will then be selected to play for Australia against their countrymen.

hutch

First Grade
The other code means nothing to me, as it's a steaming pile of shit.

I do not support NZ stealing island players... but at the same time I can see why they choose to play for us. In an ideal world, we'd have more tests for island-origin players, allowing them to stick with the country they feel truly aligned to. A mid-season NZ vs combined island team series would help solve that issue.

And yes, the dual eligibility of many NYC products is very obvious.

Being locked into international representation by playing State of Origin is ridiculous, and damaging to the international game. I realise most Australians consider State of Origin to be more important than internationals, but that isn't how it should be, or how it has to be.

My previous comment was simply taking the piss, because your precious origin will eventually be played out between a bunch of islanders and kiwis, who will then be selected to play for Australia against their countrymen.

So Polynesians can't be Australian?

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Got evidence of that slanderous accusation ?

No, no, no, no. You silly pea brain.

If you must use fancy legalese words, use them correctly or you look like a completely pretentious but ignorant twat.

It could possibly be a "defamatory" statement, or to be more precise, it could be possibly found as "libellous".

That comment could never be "slanderous" as it was published on a media form, an internet forum. It was not spoken orally in a transitory manner. The rule of thumb is slander: oral comment, whereas, libel: written comment. Defamation includes both slander and libel.

Please refrain from using fancy words when you are unsure of the meaning, you ignoramus.

Last edited:

Latest posts