What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keating Gone?

caylo

Bench
WE WOULD? What has he done.....
Of robson, Mortimer and KK... KK is the only one that I have seen put players through a holes and that was last year before his injury when we were struggling. Our attack look more organised when KK is on. Against the tigers is the most fluent our attack had been this year we just couldnt finish plays off IMO. KK also has a better kicking game then Robson or Mortimer IMO

akers

Juniors
i do not want to get in a battle over which player adds more to the team,but can someone explain to me what kk has produced this year or any year.

hindy111

Post Whore
Are you a panic merchant. Just how old are you mate?
Have you had much experience following football?

I have been following football for 20 yrs.DIE HARD CHELSEA AND NOTTINGHAM FOREST FAN.
Or did you mean rugby league? surely your not that stupid parra pete.You seem like such an inteligent man.Im guessing a boring old one thou

bartman

Immortal
WE WOULD? What has he done.....

i do not want to get in a battle over which player adds more to the team,but can someone explain to me what kk has produced this year or any year.
KK is one of the few options in the club/squad that is capable of adding some spark in the halves. We don't have anyone else capable of stepping up into that role.

So far this Mateo is just a back rower not doing much more than any other back rower (eg Oake) is or could be doing. I know he's got skills and "potential", but that alone isn't reason to hang onto him and hope year after year?

If it came down to a choice between re-signing KK or Mateo, I'd opt for KK at the moment - add to that the asking price for KK would be lower, and it's really a no brainer in terms of value and impact in the squad.

bartman

Immortal
Of robson, Mortimer and KK... KK is the only one that I have seen put players through a holes and that was last year before his injury when we were struggling. Our attack look more organised when KK is on. Against the tigers is the most fluent our attack had been this year we just couldnt finish plays off IMO. KK also has a better kicking game then Robson or Mortimer IMO
Agree he's performed/performing better than Mortimer, just without the famous surname and all the hype.

IFR33K

Coach
Like I said in another thread, KK told me he will way up his options in a couple of weeks. Who knows. I think it will be a big blunder, if he isnt resigned.

TheParraboy

Staff member
que sera sera....lets move on.

we were always going to lose players, we just need to shrug it off and fight fire with fire..

meanwhile, no point worrying about signing players when our real problem is that we're currently producing rubbish on the field.

We should sign Ben Roberts? :sarcasm:

TheParraboy

Staff member

strider

Post Whore
KK is one of the few options in the club/squad that is capable of adding some spark in the halves. We don't have anyone else capable of stepping up into that role.

So far this Mateo is just a back rower not doing much more than any other back rower (eg Oake) is or could be doing. I know he's got skills and "potential", but that alone isn't reason to hang onto him and hope year after year?

If it came down to a choice between re-signing KK or Mateo, I'd opt for KK at the moment - add to that the asking price for KK would be lower, and it's really a no brainer in terms of value and impact in the squad.
seriously? .... i know feleti hasn't torn any games apart (no one in our team really has in the 3 games this season bar jarryd and a stint of fui running hard) - but to compare feleti to oake? :lol: .... feleti at least has had some offloads, some line break assists and has looked like doing something

parra pete

Referee
I have been following football for 20 yrs.DIE HARD CHELSEA AND NOTTINGHAM FOREST FAN.
Or did you mean rugby league? surely your not that stupid parra pete.You seem like such an inteligent man.Im guessing a boring old one thou

:lol:
Suggest you stick to soccer then mate...you MIGHT know something about that, because, by some of your comments on this forum, you seem to know SFA about Rugby League.

Yeah, I'm pretty boring, and I 'm old...so I do fit your image of me....

ROGUE

Juniors
seriously? .... i know feleti hasn't torn any games apart (no one in our team really has in the 3 games this season bar jarryd and a stint of fui running hard) - but to compare feleti to oake? :lol: .... feleti at least has had some offloads, some line break assists and has looked like doing something

Oh it gets better strides i believe bartman in the "warriors- mateo" thread said he hasn't played a good game ANY day since before his injury early last year.

strider

Post Whore
Suggest you stick to soccer then mate...you MIGHT know something about that, because, by some of your comments on this forum, you seem to know SFA about Rugby League.

surely he's just having an opinion pete

Keating
T Smith
Hodkinson
A Kelly

So how the hell do we end up with Robson??

Can someone answer this question. I have posed this before. These players have the potential to win premierships yet we are stuck with freakn has been.

How the hell did we manage this??

we are a bit stretched with the salary cap all we can do is put up an offer and if he wants to chase the dollar somewhere else so be it hopefully he likes being here and wants to play in our next grand final appearance :pray: instead of watching

bartman

Immortal
He's doing very little out there imo, and looks unfit and uninspired. Doing stuff that just any workaday back rower would do. Watch him draw in the big gulping breaths after getting replaced 28 mins into the replay.

A massive disappointment given an uninterrupted off season, as we've seen inconsistent glimpses over the years of what Mateo can do. I'm finding it hard to justify his starting role given what we get out of him. Stick the less talented Oake in there just to work away, and let Feleti come of the bench with some impact, maybe it will inspire him to pull his finger out and get involved?

bartman

Immortal
Oh it gets better strides i believe bartman in the "warriors- mateo" thread said he hasn't played a good game ANY day since before his injury early last year.
Pretty much. When he has had "better" performances in that time, they've come of the back of other players playing well around him, imo.

He's yet to take responsibility for choosing to play to his ability, his apparent lack of fitness seems a sign he hasn't taken on the responsibility for playing to his potential.

nöyd

Staff member

No offence Bart but I believe the question was what HAS Kris Keating produced this year or any year, not what he is capable of.

I for one don't see the attraction with him, I wouldn't be sad to see him go, sure he's had his injury hassles but in his limited first grade appearances I haven't seen too much to get me excited.

As someone said, life goes on.

hindy111

Post Whore

One thing i do know about rugby league is parra will always have another star coming thru.And of all the guys parra lets go only few go onto greater things.:crazy:

akers

Juniors
No offence Bart but I believe the question was what HAS Kris Keating produced this year or any year, not what he is capable of.

I for one don't see the attraction with him, I wouldn't be sad to see him go, sure he's had his injury hassles but in his limited first grade appearances I haven't seen too much to get me excited.

As someone said, life goes on.
my queation was exactly that,what HAS kk done? lets all be honest all us parra fans always seem to talk about what players are meant to be capable of through what we hear of them through the club or through someone that has seen them play elsewhere.
The fact is you are living off hype not from what kk has actually produced,do not get me wrong i think kk is good player but to let Mateo go for him is pretty silly in my opinion, keating like players come along very often but mateo like players are rare