What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keating Gone?

Juniors
realistically how much will we have under the cap for next season if we are looking for a halfback..

parra pete

Referee
New management, same old story :(

How would you like to be playing alongside some of the Eels supporters? How would you like to be in the trenches with them?

THEY can't hack it, and they pay out on the players. Go with the flow kids, go with the flow. There is a lot more balls to be kicked in this competition before it becomes a lost cause.
Harden up...H A R D E N up....If you can't ...bail out now, and get on the Dragons bandwagon.
No room for "good Time charlies..take the good with the bad"

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
:lol:
Suggest you stick to soccer then mate...you MIGHT know something about that, because, by some of your comments on this forum, you seem to know SFA about Rugby League.

Yeah, I'm pretty boring, and I 'm old...so I do fit your image of me....

And you take drugs too Pete!!!!!!!

yy_cheng

Coach
How would you like to be playing alongside some of the Eels supporters? How would you like to be in the trenches with them?

THEY can't hack it, and they pay out on the players. Go with the flow kids, go with the flow. There is a lot more balls to be kicked in this competition before it becomes a lost cause.
Harden up...H A R D E N up....If you can't ...bail out now, and get on the Dragons bandwagon.

Gee Pete, if we were in a war with the supporters and the players on one side, we'd all be dead. With what the players dish up, the supporters would die first then if hayne doesn't throw some grenades, the players would all die next.

Fui!!!

Juniors

Silly me, why would I want to the club to stick with our local juniors???

Maybe you should take a leaf out of your own book.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Keating
T Smith
Hodkinson
A Kelly

So how the hell do we end up with Robson??

Can someone answer this question. I have posed this before. These players have the potential to win premierships yet we are stuck with freakn has been.

How the hell did we manage this??

Robson is not going to let this team down. Across the last 3 games he has been one of our most consistent players. As the forwards hit their stride and start creating huge dents through the advantage line Robson WILL get better and better and better.

Currently he is playing amongst a bunch of players, most of whom are playing flat. Give Robbo some wind in the sails and he will help support the piling up of points while continuing to save them as well.

I don't think KK will be a huge loss to this club.

If the opportunity is still there bring back Tim Smith on apprentice rates. He will be a HUGE bonus to this club. Then I would move Robbo to 13 or 14 or 9 and support 7 and 6 when required. Then, when this team returns to its intense passionate standards of late last year the Eels will put on cricket scores again.

1. Hayne
2. Grothe
3. Tahu
4. Reddy
5. Burt/Inu
6. Mortimer (Mateo to come on at 6 after 20 minutes)
7 Tim Smith
8. Fui
9. MK
10. Poore
11. Hindmarsh
12. Smith
13. Robbo

14. Filiga, Horo, Pele and move Robbo or Mortimer to hooker for 10 minutes
15. Cayless
16 Mateo/Inu
17. Mannah

I would love to give Filiga a shot at 1st grade during the next few rounds, three or four 10 minute bursts from the bench (or more if he plays well). If he does go well, give Hindmarsh a break for two/three weeks after SOO (or before, if he knocks it back due to his wrist)

Horo, Pele, given opportunities too, we need to develop a 4th rotating prop to cover for the loss of Shack... This 4th prop is critical to the Eels GF success.

Inu is a real challenge to keep in this squad, but he offers heaps working with Tahu and goal kicking.

Mateo needs lots of game time at 6 starting this week against the Sharks.

The other change could be to develop Ben Smith into a lock playing 80 minutes.

Now is the time for DA to do the hard decisions in preparation for end of year big-game festivities...

We can still do well without KK and Oak.... I don't think Oak is ready yet for 1st grade, probably needs another 6 to 8 games in reserves to build up his intensity.

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
Add even B;lake Greeen to that list, but don't worry because our 7 can tackle.

Unfortunately he would noy get a start at any other team in the NRL, but lingard and others tell us that he is Ok. He has no kicking game, no running game, a slow passing game but can tackle.To be honest even the out of favour Tim Smith is a better option

This is not personal, so examine what we have, we may need to go out and sign a 7 , but that is next year. Under super coach we let Maloney, Green and Hodkinson go to keep Finch, does anyone realise what a mess he made of our club.

Spot on.
The guy isn't even an average halfback, oh but he can tackle.:lol:
Sure our defence isn't the greatest at the moment but a tackling halfback with no attacking flair, creativity, leadership or direction is the last thing we need.

Latest posts