What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keating Gone?

bartman

Immortal
No offence Bart but I believe the question was what HAS Kris Keating produced this year or any year, not what he is capable of.
No offence taken.

Ok, in his one starting game he has added some spark to our options around the ruck. More so than Mortimer this year imo. Sure it hasn't gelled yet, but it's all we've got in that department.

As someone said, life goes on.
Sure, as it also will if we don't fork out the necessary cash to retain Mateo. Wouldn't mind losing KK if Mateo is playing 6 and killing it. But he won't and he's not.

richo74

Juniors
Keating
T Smith
Hodkinson
A Kelly

So how the hell do we end up with Robson??

Can someone answer this question. I have posed this before. These players have the potential to win premierships yet we are stuck with freakn has been.

How the hell did we manage this??

do you add maloney to this list as well?

Delboy

First Grade
Add even B;lake Greeen to that list, but don't worry because our 7 can tackle.

Unfortunately he would noy get a start at any other team in the NRL, but lingard and others tell us that he is Ok. He has no kicking game, no running game, a slow passing game but can tackle.To be honest even the out of favour Tim Smith is a better option

This is not personal, so examine what we have, we may need to go out and sign a 7 , but that is next year. Under super coach we let Maloney, Green and Hodkinson go to keep Finch, does anyone realise what a mess he made of our club.

Kornstar

Coach
Add even B;lake Greeen to that list, but don't worry because our 7 can tackle.

Unfortunately he would noy get a start at any other team in the NRL, but lingard and others tell us that he is Ok. He has no kicking game, no running game, a slow passing game but can tackle.To be honest even the out of favour Tim Smith is a better option

This is not personal, so examine what we have, we may need to go out and sign a 7 , but that is next year. Under super coach we let Maloney, Green and Hodkinson go to keep Finch, does anyone realise what a mess he made of our club.

I believe Hodkinson is a true halfback, as was Tim Smith. Green, KK, Mortimer and Kelly are all 6's imo.

I cannot believe we lost Hodkinson, he and Keating have great history together as a half and five eight combination!!!!

Hagan was the worst thing to happen to this club in decades!!!!!

We kept Finch, FMD!!!!!!!

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
So has it confirmed Keating is going ?

I find it strange only last week it was reported in the media Keating wanted to wait a few weeks before making a decision

Anyhow if he is gone isn't Ben Barba off contract ? would look good in the 6 blue and gold jumper

ROGUE

Juniors
Pretty much. When he has had "better" performances in that time, they've come of the back of other players playing well around him, imo.

He's yet to take responsibility for choosing to play to his ability, his apparent lack of fitness seems a sign he hasn't taken on the responsibility for playing to his potential.

His 1st game back from injury last year against the tigers he was really good at the sfs and the grand final he had a great game and in 08 he was seriously considered as the blues 5/8.So to me it sounds like whilst i agree with you about him not being in form to say that he hasn't had a good game for an eternity is wrong.

lingard

Coach
Keating
T Smith
Hodkinson
A Kelly

So how the hell do we end up with Robson??

Can someone answer this question. I have posed this before. These players have the potential to win premierships yet we are stuck with freakn has been.

How the hell did we manage this??

The funny old thing is that, of those four players, the only one to have done anything in the last twelve months is Robson. Hodgkinson might be pretty good. The other two?

lucablight

First Grade
Pretty much. When he has had "better" performances in that time, they've come of the back of other players playing well around him, imo.

He's yet to take responsibility for choosing to play to his ability, his apparent lack of fitness seems a sign he hasn't taken on the responsibility for playing to his potential.

:lol:

lingard

Coach
I really don`t think he`s any great loss. Still would prefer Mateo (even though I`m a little disappointed in him.) The team will come good. We may not win the comp this year, but I think we`ll sure as hell give it a shake. We`re a year ahead of schedule anyway - everyone predicted 2011 for us, and now everyone is expecting this year because of the (well, you have to admit, somewhat lucky) run we had last year. Who cares if we lose Keating? Poore will come good, Mateo will come good, Matt Keating will come good. We`ll go well this year and win it next year.
Some people on here remind me of my wife. A few times I got her to play with me in doubles pool competitions. Everytime the opponents sank a ball, she`d say "Oh sh*t, we`re in trouble now. We can`t win now." She had no idea that a game takes as long as a game takes. A seaon goes for a season guys. Cheer up. :)

Last edited:

Delboy

First Grade
Lingard. keep going as you are a true frienmd.

We forgot to mention Maloney , but dont worry we have a 7 that can tackle, and to be honest I thought he was an issue last year, as did Jake. Can't be bothered to find the posts, but those of us that watch the Wenty games and lower grades have had the opinion on who was let go and what we are left with. If you had seen these blokes around the grades , they could play and supercoach messed it up, we kept Finch, signed Robson for cover and boom you are here. Again, no issue with Robson and no comment about him as an individual, I just think we have to have a solution to an obvious problem, and the club needs more from their 7 than he can offer.

At this early stage I hope we are looking at options for next year even now.If I am probven wrong, it would be great for the club, I just cant see it happening

bartman

Immortal
His 1st game back from injury last year against the tigers he was really good at the sfs and the grand final he had a great game and in 08 he was seriously considered as the blues 5/8.
Agree he was going great and in line for origin in '08, but has been poor since his injury. Three good games since then is not enough to worry too much about whether he stays or goes next year as we have enough back rowers.

On Keating, we are simply very thin on halves and he should be more of a priority signing imo. If he goes then we need to buy in someone else, without much cash to spare (thanks to Hayne's upgrade forcing others to already take paycuts). Ben Barba? :lol: Can't tackle and would be a liability in defence. Tim Smith? :lol: Same as above.

Oh, and form in Wenty and lower grades mean sh*t imo as far as competing consistently in the NRL week to week. We always get over excited by the supposed next big thing - Chris Lawler taught me that lesson years ago. Anthony Mitchell etc simply aren't ready yet, no matter how upset people get with who we've got trying to do the top jobs.

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
Lingard. keep going as you are a true frienmd.

We forgot to mention Maloney , but dont worry we have a 7 that can tackle, and to be honest I thought he was an issue last year, as did Jake. Can't be bothered to find the posts, but those of us that watch the Wenty games and lower grades have had the opinion on who was let go and what we are left with. If you had seen these blokes around the grades , they could play and supercoach messed it up, we kept Finch, signed Robson for cover and boom you are here. Again, no issue with Robson and no comment about him as an individual, I just think we have to have a solution to an obvious problem, and the club needs more from their 7 than he can offer.

At this early stage I hope we are looking at options for next year even now.If I am probven wrong, it would be great for the club, I just cant see it happening

As far as I can see the club has already done something about it. Mortimer has re-signed and is viewed by many including our coach, Peter sterling, Phil Gould etc as our long term number 7. As Pete said Humble is also considered as a future number 6 and there is a guy called Mateo who also goes ok there.

I'm not too fussed at losing KK, I have seen nothing that gets me too excited yet. Is it just me or are many people on these forums forgetting the stellar year that Morts had last year ?

Juniors
IMO KK is overated, i for one am not upset he is leaving us, he is not our future he and his brother love to take on the opposition on their own....

woddy

Juniors
thought KK would've been in front of Robson by round 5-6 we'll miss him if he goes

Latest posts