What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keating/Kingston

Blue Bagger 66

Juniors
Of the NRL teams playing with a hooker rotation I think these 2 are ranked right up there amongst the best of them (personally I rate Luke & Wing from the Rabbits at #1... at least on paper). They play a similar style of football and they even look the same haha. I think coming off the bench has given Kingston the opportunity to showcase his attacking skills around the ruck... a trait that was evident at the sharks during the Stuart Raper days (until supercoach killed his creativity!). I think the Eels go forward picks up a notch too when he comes on and his confidence is growing weekly, although if he lets Lowrie push him out of dummy half again I'll scream. I certainly can't find fault in Keating either... especially defensively... would like to see his passing from the deck improve though, and to back himself more in attack. For mine Kingston needs more minutes... prior to the Panthers and Storm games he was getting 40+ minutes but last 2 weeks around the 30 minutes. Kingston is still unsigned for 2010... it would be a tragedy to see him go... he's the heart and soul player all clubs need in their ranks. I think these 2 would provide a great basis to build around IMHO. Thoughts?

Gronk

Staff member
Kinga is playing the better footy, but MK re-signed for 2 years earlier in the year. Also Mitchell re-signed I think so it looks like bad luck for Kinga.

Blue Bagger 66

Juniors
Kinga is playing the better footy, but MK re-signed for 2 years earlier in the year. Also Mitchell re-signed I think so it looks like bad luck for Kinga.

Brings to mind an old saying my grandfather and his old Newtown teammates used to have... nice guys finish last!

Kingston is playing really well, he has better vision in attack , better service and is a strong defender. I really think he should be our starting hooker.

Avenger

Immortal
I have never been a big fan of Matt Keating. I hope he can prove me wrong. Plenty have.

Kingston has been awesome for us. It's a shame we won't be able to keep him.

Anthony Mitchell is the future though.

MK has lifted his game in the last few weeks but we need more from him.

strider

Post Whore
and he had a shave too - he has a face and all

I like Kinga - I think he is probably the better of he and MK ... tbh I would like to see MK become more a lock type of player (he has the defensive ability - he could be the new alan tongue - lol) and us keep Kinga to partner Mitchell.

I agree Kinga needs more game time - I can't believe he never even got on the field until after halftime against the storm - it was too long, we started to lose our grip on the game before he even got on ... MK 25/30 mins - Kinga the last 15/10 of the first half and given a license to go looking for gaps and get the forwards on a roll going into the break

Stagger eel

Staff member
unfortunately for Kinga he will need to make way for Anthony Mitchell who is a real talent for the future..

I hope we offer Kinga a part time deal at the club because he will continue to be a real asset for this club.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
We never should have let him go.

f**king Corey Hughes.

Kinga rocks, and it is good to see him attacking, got quite a good kick too.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
unfortunately for Kinga he will need to make way for Anthony Mitchell who is a real talent for the future..

I hope we offer Kinga a part time deal at the club because he will continue to be a real asset for this club.
yea surely we'll need a solid back up in that position? Maybe he can be that player in Wenty who totally deserves a spot in first grade, but it happy to captain a 2nd grade team to multiple premierships and good times?

:pray:

Parra Steve

Juniors
I thought he was great for the sharks, not sure what happened between him and Stuart for him to play NSW cup the last couple years.

bartman

Immortal
I think it'll come down to we can afford one 55-75K top 25 contract for either Tim Smith, Jeff Robson or Kevin Kingston.

I'd rather have Kingston or Robson than Smith to be honest, and I guess because Mitchell has re-signed, we need a half more than a hooker.

Kinsgton or Robson should be able to get 80K-ish on the market, but if either were willing to sign for another year with us now, I'd do it. Tim and his manager can find a deal elsewhere, unless they've locked it in already and Tim is keen to pay us back what many feel he owes us (contract money and performance wise).

Angry_eel

First Grade
If i had the choice between Kingston, Smith or Robson. I would choose Kingston each time. I can't believe he hasn't been resigned yet.

Latest posts