What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keating/Kingston

lucablight

First Grade
Absolutely well said. And I`ve got a horrible feeling that`s why we bought Timana Tahu. And to hear rumours of us going after Thurston in a year or two. I don`t know - why don`t we just ask the NRL how much they want for the J.J. Giltenen Shield and be done with it?
I know Parramatta has not been very big in the player market for some considerable time but, you know, I kinda like that.

I'm sorry but what exactly do you have an issue with? Aren't you happy we bought a great player who will help us win a premiership? Are you aware that there is a thing called a salary cap so any suggestion of us trying to buy a premiership is rubbish.

Also you actually liked the fact that we didn't improve our squad for all those years and slid into mediocrity? I'm bewildered by your post.

Eels Dude

Coach
I'm sorry but what exactly do you have an issue with? Aren't you happy we bought a great player who will help us win a premiership? Are you aware that there is a thing called a salary cap so any suggestion of us trying to buy a premiership is rubbish.

Also you actually liked the fact that we didn't improve our squad for all those years and slid into mediocrity? I'm bewildered by your post.

I can see what he's saying. It's a bit worrying with some of these backloaded signings because in a couple of years time it could result in our club using 90% of our salary cap on just 4 or 5 players who may not live up to expectation. The reason we've lost a dozen players yet signed none the past couple of yrs is due to past backloading. I'm happy with the signings too, but keep that in mind.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Atm, im alright. The coach is cutting out some deadwood and bringing in fresh blood. Only player im sad about so far is Kingston. He has shown so much talent, i can't believe the coach doesn't see that.

TheRam

Coach
Absolutely well said. And I`ve got a horrible feeling that`s why we bought Timana Tahu. And to hear rumours of us going after Thurston in a year or two. I don`t know - why don`t we just ask the NRL how much they want for the J.J. Giltenen Shield and be done with it?
I know Parramatta has not been very big in the player market for some considerable time but, you know, I kinda like that.

:lol::crazy: Wtf are you on buddy? Thank God you have no role yo play at board room level at the club, cause we would die a quick and sudden death with that sort of old world, AMATURE thinking. Geez there certainly is some truth to the saying, "You can't keep everyone happy".

lingard

Coach
Well, the original post by Bluebagger66, was that it`s a shame that Rugby League has turned into a business. I agree with that.
And, sure, I`m glad about Tahu coming back - if he`s still the player he was, and if we didn`t throw too much money at him. I just think it`s a shame the way the game has gone, with this endless buying and selling of players. One minute you`re a Manly player, then your an Easts player, then Canterbury, etc. And now it`s all of a sudden, "well, we haven`t won a comp for a long while, so let`s just buy the best player in the NRL" sought of mentality.
He also said that it`s a shame the flamboyant 'star' players with massive crowd appeal and the potential to sell merchandise necessarily take precedence and get more accolades than players that are less visible but often work harder and display greater dedication to their clubs. I agree with that also.

yosemite

Juniors
Kingston had a blinder tonight & it is disallusioning that has not been resigned for next year.
Are we any hope of keeping him?

jayjayselmes

Juniors
MK sux period!!!!

kingston is way better we all know it!!!!!

and lets cut the Tim smith crap.... the guy is a dead beat with a drinking problem... lets move on!!!

Gazzamatta

Coach
If they are looking for bargain buys that CAN do the job, then look no further.
Get rid of Andrew Johns and get Sterlo to teach them how to kick and you have a great package.

Someone

Bench
Kingston has been solid for awhile know. infact, i think hes in better form then matt keating. Kingston is a keeper. as for robson, dunno....

caylo

Bench
Kinga is prob out of our price range but I would offer him a contract without a second thought... Robo has been solid and would be in a similar boat but I think they might hold out and see who is avaliable.

IFR33K

Coach
Definitely agree. If we cant make a play for both, then make a play for kinga.

Will definitely be money better spent, then TS.

Someone

Bench
Yeh, kinga is going better, but M.keating has the potential. Go back to earlier this season and look at his highlights. he has dropped in form, but i wouldnt abandon ship this quick.

Bazal

Post Whore
Kinga, yes, Robbo, not if we can get someone else. Kinga is a good little bench hooker, provides the impact after Keats does the tough stuff early. Robbo just hasn't got the attacking game to be more than a bloke you call on in desperate times.

Latest posts