What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keating/Kingston

lucablight

First Grade
Matt Keatings contract was extended earlier in the year before Kingston got a run. I wonder if that would be the case if he he hadn't had it extended back then and we had to pick between the two of them now.

lingard

Coach
It would be interesting to compare the two if their roles were reversed. Maybe Kingston wouldn`t be so dynamic if he had to start the game - and maybe Keating would run riot near the end, when the opposition forwards are tired.

The vibe i got from Kinga after the game wasn't to positive it is a joke if they don't find a way to keep him. He is a top bloke off the field and a amazing player on it.

forward pass

Coach
I still don't quite know what MK offers our side. He never seems to pick the right time to scoot out of dummy half. He has a handy kicking game and quite a good defender - that is all.

strider

Post Whore
i still think we should do all we can to keep kinga ... and if anthony mitchell is the mesiah of dummy half for the future years, then i think we should probably head MK towards a path of being a smallish lock/forward utility in the alan tongue mold

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
i still think we should do all we can to keep kinga ... and if anthony mitchell is the mesiah of dummy half for the future years, then i think we should probably head MK towards a path of being a smallish lock/forward utility in the alan tongue mold

Like a Paul Taylor at Fullback who played in the forwards when necessary. Not super-fast but safe, smart and strong. Jack Gibson loved smart players like Paul Taylor without ego attitudes. Maybe DA will turn MK into a mr versatile, a mr fix it in an emergency kind of player like Paul Taylor. It appears this is where MK is heading with Anthony Mitchell (and others) looming on the horizon. A few seasons at hooker has sure toughened up MK to play almost anywhere on the park. He has a great future at the Eels and DA can see his great potential/versatility from miles away.

Booooooo Casper
icon7.gif

ianlovesparra

Juniors
It would be interesting to compare the two if their roles were reversed. Maybe Kingston wouldn`t be so dynamic if he had to start the game - and maybe Keating would run riot near the end, when the opposition forwards are tired.
Thank you. Someone finally realises why Kinga seems more dynamic, switch roles and im sure Keating would be the same, when riddell used to start and keating came off the bench he used to come on and make some of them quick runs out of dummy half and catch the markers off side.

Kingston is an awesome player and i would love to keep him and Keating, we have a great combo going between them.

Keating gets us off to the solid start and Kingston comes on when the opposition start to become lazy, keating also goes into the back row at times. Anderson has used them perfectly.

strider

Post Whore
i still think even if you swapped em kinga would be hte more dynamic dummy half runner ... infact I'd love to see kinga get more of a go in the first half

they are just different - not saying one is worse than the other - I'd like em both in the team somewhere

lingard

Coach
Like a Paul Taylor at Fullback who played in the forwards when necessary. Not super-fast but safe, smart and strong. Jack Gibson loved smart players like Paul Taylor without ego attitudes. Maybe DA will turn MK into a mr versatile, a mr fix it in an emergency kind of player like Paul Taylor. It appears this is where MK is heading with Anthony Mitchell (and others) looming on the horizon. A few seasons at hooker has sure toughened up MK to play almost anywhere on the park. He has a great future at the Eels and DA can see his great potential/versatility from miles away.

Booooooo Casper
icon7.gif

You know what, Casper? I reckon Jack Gibson would have loved Jeff Robson.

lingard

Coach
How many games has Kingston played for you guys this season , was he injured at the start of the year cause i was very suprised not seeing his name in the first few weeks. I still dont know why Cronulla let him go.

Been great watching you guys the last few weeks , im just praying you dont finish seventh if we finish second , you guys are a big danger if you make the finals

You have no idea how good that sounds coming from a Canterbury supporter. Good on you.

Blue Bagger 66

Juniors
If we're not a better attacking football team with Kinga on the park then I'm a bad judge... I think he outpointed MK by a yard and a half on Friday night and subsequently got around 48 minutes... is it time to start him?

IFR33K

Coach
If we're not a better attacking football team with Kinga on the park then I'm a bad judge... I think he outpointed MK by a yard and a half on Friday night and subsequently got around 48 minutes... is it time to start him?

He would probably serve the eels better, coming off the bench. He can come on when the opposition is tired/tiring and do his stuff.

Imagine him, mateo, morts, hayne all firing after fui has destroyed the opposition.

Latest posts