What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kelly gorrrrne

Special K

Coach
Looks like Manly might have to shed some players.

We had money for a outside back around x-mas and now this... Hmm I wonder how long it will take for someone to start a Matai rumour

Windy70

Juniors
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/if-only-kelly-could-play-like-carney/story-e6frfgbo-1226299642654

NO ONE at Cronulla can understand the behaviour of Albert Kelly.

Gone off the rails, they say. Refuses to listen.

Almost as if this young, Aboriginal upstart believes footballers can still act - gasp - the complete tool so long as their ability to throw spirals, bust tackles or step from both feet remains intact.

"Albert's a really talented kid but unfortunately his actions indicated he didn't want to be here,'' Sharks chairman Damian Irvine said in these pages yesterday.

"I've taken him for coffee and to lunch just to talk and try to help him but sadly it hasn't worked out."

And no one at Cronulla can believe it. Really?

No one able to understand how a young, country boy from Bowraville, a kid who only turned 21 in March, would fail to grasp what's expected at a club who signed no less than Todd Carney to effectively take his place?

Now Carney, you may recall, is the footballer cut by Canberra and booted from Bondi. Even hunted from his own home town of Goulburn for a time.

And yet still he's in the NRL.

So too Robert Lui, the wayward West Tiger who now plays for North Queensland with an assault charge hanging over him. The same Robert Lui cleared of assaulting the same victim, the mother of his child, in April last year.

And still there are no light bulbs coming on in the Shire? Or NRL HQ?

For certainly no one condones the behaviour of a footballer given "umpteen chances". Nor question Cronulla's efforts to straighten him out.

And while, ultimately, every man is responsible for his own actions, let's not pretend clubs, the league, even sycophantic managers aren't a major part of the problem.

Making Albert Kelly the fella any club would cut . . . until they're short a playmaker.

shaggs

Coach
Come on guys. All journos only report complete and factual information. They never ever embellish or 'forget' details.

bruisershark

Juniors
rumour has it that alby kelly may line up for the kempsey based macleay valley mustangs in group 2 this season as he was spotted a couple of weeks ago at the macleay v sawtell trial match.:cool:

Frenzy.

Immortal
Looks like Manly might have to shed some players.

We had money for a outside back around x-mas and now this... Hmm I wonder how long it will take for someone to start a Matai rumour

I heard we were signing Steve Matai.

Quigs

Immortal
I saw him in the lift ............ I think ................. well it looked like him.

Quigs

Immortal
I was hoping for a lot from albert... shame really. Saw just a few glimpses of things that had me pulse racing.

anyhow........... next ?

carinashark

First Grade
Yes me too even though I thought he was the wrong guy for us he showed he had a good deal of talent last season. If only .

Madsharkie

First Grade
Shoulda, coulda, woulda...
Dissapointing because of the glimpses of brilliance he showed...
At least we've freed up some more of the salary cap for a centre.

Latest posts