What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ken Edwards new CEO

bartman

Immortal
Good grief ME. this is the person who oversaw Todd Greenburg, and yet you find a reason to be pessimistic.

If you do turn up at a game to cheer on the Eels , you would no doubt have your hand over your mouth so you could tell someone it wasnt really you cheering them on. FMD :crazy:
You need to read the hole thread D-Boy, not be drawn in so easily by a single comment, and approach this site iwth a sense of humour.... From earlier today:
I'm cautiously optimistic about this appointment.
:lol:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
This appointment shows how much extra money is in the game thanks to the new tv deal. Clubs like Parra can now afford to pay some professionals to work in the head office without having to rely on a wealthy owner or massive leagues club.

Suitman

Post Whore
I think it's great that the board advertised the position and seemingly appointed the best person possible. No jobs for the boys. No ex footballing mates. Many people have been asking for this.
Well done board.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
You need to read the hole thread D-Boy, not be drawn in so easily by a single comment, and approach this site iwth a sense of humour.... From earlier today:

I'm also a little bemused that Delboy hasn't yet cottoned onto ME's attempts at humour.

Suity

Gronk

Staff member
I think it's great that the board advertised the position and seemingly appointed the best person possible. No jobs for the boys. No ex footballing mates. Many people have been asking for this.
Well done board.

Suity

Yep agree with this. I have an open mind and am happy to move positively towards 2013.

Can't help to think that Sticky has given them a push in the right direction.

All good.

Just met Ken at the club in between pressers (fox, nine and others) he talks well and I hope if he can bring 1/2 of the leadership he showed at SA then things are going to be pretty sweet for the fans and the club in general.

forward pass

Coach
My only concern is his former position as CEO of Stadiums Australia. I hope this in no way is any indication that we can look forward to moving more home games to ANZ in the future. Parramatta Stadium has already lost enough as it is and if anything I would like to see a movement towards returning more games to Parramatta Stadium and co operation with the Wanderers to press for further improvements - Something Edwards could be good at considering his involvement with the A League and the Jets.

Give the bloke some credit Tony. He is employed by the Parramatta Eels not ANZ Stadium he and will do whatever is best for the club he is employed by.

Fans first?

Suity

Humm, no.

The club together as a whole.

I think Ken understands the role of members, even if I think some members don't understand their role. IIRC he was in charge of SA when I first joined, and since I first joined till when Ken left there were a raft of changes that made membership much more rewarding for members and benefited the general public via SA's continued attracting of big events.

Suitman

Post Whore
Humm, no.

The club together as a whole.

I think Ken understands the role of members, even if I think some members don't understand their role. IIRC he was in charge of SA when I first joined, and since I first joined till when Ken left there were a raft of changes that made membership much more rewarding for members and benefited the general public via SA's continued attracting of big events.

Yeh Mark, I know. I was being sarcastic.
I think it's a great appointment given his track record with SA.
The stadium that was supposed to become a white elephant after the Olympics has turned into anything but.

Suity

one of the things covered in the Fox Sports news interview I watched was the desire to have over 20,000 members like souths and the dogs.

I will leave that to other to interpate what that means, but he did state we had 12,000 members.

so is this also part of the reason membership renewals are late? so Ken can have look and see what incentives he can add to get new members and get current members renewing?

Tony Bongo

Bench
Give the bloke some credit Tony. He is employed by the Parramatta Eels not ANZ Stadium he and will do whatever is best for the club he is employed by.

If you look above the bit you quoted you will see that I did give him credit. We also know however that the club moved Hindy and Burts last game to ANZ, dropped 2 more of our home games at Parramatta Stadium for 2013 (one of which is going to ANZ) and Edwards was in charge of ANZ - so I don't think my concerns are completely unwarranted.

one of the things covered in the Fox Sports news interview I watched was the desire to have over 20,000 members like souths and the dogs.

I will leave that to other to interpate what that means, but he did state we had 12,000 members.

It's interesting that we only have around 3400 of those that are eligable to vote in the Footy elections i.e only 3400 have been members for 3 consecutive years.

Tony

If we are not making money at Parra Stadium due to reasons such as Security fees, venue hire, catering, lack of corporate hospitality, funding from the stadium, poor dressing room facilitles, not enough car parking, ticket prices, etc, then we cant justify to stay where we dont make money.

I can tell you straight from the top, the club doesn't want to move away from the Stadium cause it will effect the Leagues Club and the BGA Shop so you need to get that info right. Remebering the Leagues Club Board run the 1st Grade so in order for the Club to sustain, it would be in their best interest to keep everything at Parra.

The Leagues Club needs to Footy club to play at Parra cause for those 10 weeks of the year when we are at home, the Leagues Club is generally making some kind of money.

The 5 year agreement is up at Parra and hopefully Mr Edwards will strike a deal to remain us at Parra after the 2013 season[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything you say and I hope you are correct with what I have highlighted. I hope though that we not only remain at Parramatta Stadium but that we also keep all but one or perhaps 2 of our home games at home, as seems to be the wish of the majority of our season ticket holders and fans.

Last edited:
yes great appointment IMO.
I have been very upset with the lack of football manager and football CEO as most of you would be aware and with Catterick as Football manager and now Edwards as CEO i'm very happy with the direction the club is headed and will renew my membership for 2013.

Latest posts