What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ken Edwards new CEO

Avenger

Immortal
Ken Edwards has already won me over by just announcing on channel 9 that Jarryd Hayne is the priority re-signing. Makes my day!!!!

Tony Bongo

Bench
Policies on the run, Tony?

No I would call employing Chris Anderson, sacking Kearney two weeks later and appointing Bob Bentley the Football CEO in the first place, examples of policies on the run. I've had the same policy all along i.e to make our fans and members the number one priority of our club. As for Edwards I'm interested in what runs he has on the board as far as the Knights and Jets fans were concerned and what it is he plans to do for ours.

Noise

Coach
Much easier with the best player in the world already on deck.

i was referring to tony's thinking that the fans should be the number 1 priority. Give me a premiership and i'l gladly live with a bumper sticker and a lemon hat

Stagger eel

Staff member
That softcock Justin Horo is exempt.

oh yeah yeah thats right...

oh and Judas Lyon...

oh and Bob "I need to go back to queensland cause I'm homesick" Lindner

oh and Glen "need to go to Penrith to win a premiership" Liddiard..

they're all softcocks...ffs!

Eels Dude

Coach
i was referring to tony's thinking that the fans should be the number 1 priority. Give me a premiership and i'l gladly live with a bumper sticker and a lemon hat

I'd just us to start making the semis again before thinking about a premiership.

Tony Bongo

Bench

Giving the fans what I'm sure we all desperately want in a premiership, is an example of prioritising us. It's why I have been calling for someone highly regarded and with football experience to be appointed the football CEO for ages. Hopefully he will get to do his job without any interference from the board! We have sort of put the cart before the horse with Ricky being appointed before the CEO was but hopefully it brings us success all the same.
I believe Bob Bentley is a good CEO to have running the Leagues Club and does a great job from what I've seen, but he was out of his depth the whole time running that and the Football Office. There is no doubt in my mind that our club is now in a far better position than we have been for the last year. God knows why it took so long but at least it's finally been sorted.

Ratchy

Juniors
As for Edwards I'm interested in what runs he has on the board as far as the Knights and Jets fans were concerned and what it is he plans to do for ours.

That would largely depend on how much interference Tinkler did into the running the show. From all reports he is big micro mananger.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Great news...

Finally it sounds like we have someone who see's potential in Parramatta...

Why not take on f**king collingwood, they are a tiny little suburb in North Melbourne, we have 2M people on our door step

bartman

Immortal
I think it's great that the board advertised the position and seemingly appointed the best person possible. No jobs for the boys. No ex footballing mates. Many people have been asking for this.
Well done board.

Suity
Yep, they rightfully cop a bagging when they get it wrong (Kearney, Osborne) so they should get credit when they get it right (Sticky, Edwards, at least as far as we can tell so far).

Well done Board :clap:.