What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kicking - Sandow or Burt

Stagger eel

Staff member
maybe they should look who carries the best percentage left to right and right to left and then decide from there,,maybe they can just share the duties.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
To the OP, Burt did the kicking on the weekend even though Sandow played, so Kearney might want to divest Sandow of the responsibility this year so he can focus on his halfback play.

That said, plenty of players thrive under the extra pressure of goal-kicking and Sandow seems like that type.

Eels Dude

Coach
I'd expect Burt to hold onto the role simply because he's held that role for the past few years now. People seem to have this misconception that Burt is a much weaker kicker than Sandow. Sandow might be slightly better but Burt still is a damn good goalkicker and regularly nails them from the sideline. We're just blessed we have two very strong goalkickers in the side.

strider

Post Whore
mmmm i agree - sandow seems the type to relish the kicking and it would spur him on

eels81236

Bench
Thinking purely fantasy leagues and their performance criteria, I'd assume Burt's input even with goal kicking is minimal. I'd back Sandow not kicking to score more points than Burt kicking.

Eels Dude

Coach
Thinking purely fantasy leagues and their performance criteria, I'd assume Burt's input even with goal kicking is minimal. I'd back Sandow not kicking to score more points than Burt kicking.

I've used him in fantasy leagues before and Burt can be handy. He scores tries, kicks goals, the occasional try assist, and gets some kick metres every game too. A lot of outside backs make a lot more metres but that value is taken away with their error rate.

Eels Dude

Coach
No wait, it was trying to keep their finals hope alive during the regular season.

It was a penalty kick which would have taken the game into extra time. We probably still would have lost that match. Hardly a big deal in the scheme of things when it comes to choking.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I think they should alternate every game

Best % at the end of the year gets the gig for next year

Its the only fair way tbh...

you would want them to swap it around so they are both kicking regularly no good if one does it all the time then they get injured and the other misses a vital kick because they are rusty

Eels Dude

Coach

It's only fair if they take the same amount of kicks from the same positions on the field. If one player A gets 50% of their attempts from close to the post, 30% from the left sideline, and 20% from the right sideline, and player B gets 30% of their attempts from close to the post, 35% from right sideline, and 35% from the left sideline, then Player A has a clear advantage.

TheParraboy

Staff member
It's only fair if they take the same amount of kicks from the same positions on the field. If one player A gets 50% of their attempts from close to the post, 30% from the left sideline, and 20% from the right sideline, and player B gets 30% of their attempts from close to the post, 35% from right sideline, and 35% from the left sideline, then Player A has a clear advantage.

We just make sure we score our tries in similar positions to the previous week, thus giving kicker B same advantage and kicker A