What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kicking - Sandow or Burt

Willface

Juniors
The only kicking Burt will do next year is kicking his feet up in his sofa. There is no chance in the world he would maintain a first grade spot into 2013 surely.

yy_cheng

Coach
who will take the kickoffs?

More importantly, at least our penalty touch finders should find touch now!

SDM

First Grade
If I was a Penriff troll, I would be getting in before the season started too.

SDM

First Grade
Lol , a halfback who won't run the ball. Burt is a shit playmaker because he never runs it.

wrfeel

Juniors
So, they both kicked tonight.
does that mean they will be taking half half??
im good with that, keep em both fresh.

Gronk

Staff member
Burt in dark over Eels kicking job

Posted February 22, 2012 14:52:12

Luke Burt still has no idea if he will be Parramatta's goalkicker in 2012, but says he will have no problem with Stephen Kearney giving the job to Chris Sandow.
Burt has been the Eels' regular goalkicker for the best part of a decade, but the arrival of Sandow from South Sydney has put his job in jeopardy.
Kearney is saying little on who will kick in the NRL season opener against Brisbane on March 2 and both players had opportunities to stake their claim during the trial defeat by Penrith last Friday.
Insiders at the Eels believe Burt is in the box seat to continue and the veteran winger wants to remain in the role, but sees the merits of having two proven kickers in the team.
"It's a great position to be in, if someone is out injured or not kicking so well, we're not going to lose anything," Burt said.
"It's something Steve has on his shoulders. We've both put up our hands and I enjoy doing the job and I know Chrissy does too."
The pair kick with opposite feet and there have been suggestions they might share the duties with Burt kicking from the left and Sandow from the right.
But Burt says he would not be in favour of such an arrangement.
"I think whoever gets it will have it permanently and I am quite happy with that," he said.
"It should go on form and whoever is kicking well and, if that is not me, then I don't deserve the job and I am sure Chrissy will say the same.
"Steve has given us no idea. He was at a fans' forum the other night and was asked and he didn't know then. We got a kick each at the weekend and we still don't know."
Despite his desire to keep the role, the 30-year-old is more concerned about remaining in the side and adding to his record number of tries in the blue and gold, having surpassed Brett Kenny's record of 110 last year.
Burt has 117 tries and is eager to play a part in guiding the Eels into the finals for the first time since 2009 when they made the season decider.
"Whatever is best for the team is right by me - that is the honest truth," he said.
"I just want to continue playing first grade and adding a few more tries to my name."
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-02-22/burt-in-dark-over-eels-kicking-job/3845340?section=nsw

SDM

First Grade
Doing the best thing for the club and playing more first grade is a contradiction.