What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kidderminster Harriers supporters!

nostalgia

Juniors
This is ever so slightly silly, I know, but I'll be getting up at 5.30 a.m. on Sunday so that I can drive the 180 miles to Kidderminster and queue for a ticket to see Harriers in the first cup final at the New Wembley. I'll probably have to queue for hours and it'll probably rain. I'll then drive the 180 miles back home. All this just to get a ticket for 12 May :crazy:

Thing is, everyone seems to want to go to the first Wembley final, even if it is just the FA Trophy Final (Harriers v Stevenage). Harriers and Stevenage typically have gates of 2,000 in the Conference, but Wembley looks like a possible sell-out. Its a little bit maddening that I (and a small band of a couple of hundred other berks :oops: ) go and watch Harriers all over the country, in all weathers, at various dumps, at great expense (monetary and emotional), through thin and through thin etc etc. Then along come all the glory hunters and I have to lose a Sunday from my life. Grrrr

I hope everyone else on this forum has a better Sunday than me ;-)

chileman

Coach
nostalgia said:
This is ever so slightly silly, I know, but I'll be getting up at 5.30 a.m. on Sunday so that I can drive the 180 miles to Kidderminster and queue for a ticket to see Harriers in the first cup final at the New Wembley. I'll probably have to queue for hours and it'll probably rain. I'll then drive the 180 miles back home. All this just to get a ticket for 12 May :crazy:

Thing is, everyone seems to want to go to the first Wembley final, even if it is just the FA Trophy Final (Harriers v Stevenage). Harriers and Stevenage typically have gates of 2,000 in the Conference, but Wembley looks like a possible sell-out. Its a little bit maddening that I (and a small band of a couple of hundred other berks :oops: ) go and watch Harriers all over the country, in all weathers, at various dumps, at great expense (monetary and emotional), through thin and through thin etc etc. Then along come all the glory hunters and I have to lose a Sunday from my life. Grrrr

I hope everyone else on this forum has a better Sunday than me ;-)
You should get box seats nostalgia and they should be serving Aggborough soup as a silver service too ;-)
Hey if it is a huge crowd, how much do Kidderminster take out of the gate sales, will this boost the coffers so we can go out and buy the next Ronaldinho to play for us next season :D

nostalgia

Juniors
This should be worth a few shillings to add to the warchest for next season. We might just get enough to buy the services of Ronaldinho for about 20 minutes :sarcasm: .

In truth, I suspect that the FA will keep a very thick slice of the cake to cover their overheads and stewarding etc (oh yes, and to help them start repaying the £757m its cost to build the flipping place :oops: ).

Don't worry, I'll be taking my own thermos of soup ;-) .

nostalgia

Juniors
Premier League in 10 years?

It seems like the blink of an eye since Wigan were in the Northern League, Wimbledon were in the Southern League and Colchester United were in the Conference. They've all gone on to progress rather well from non-league football (Wigan are in the Premiership, Wimbledon have won an FA Cup and spent several years at the top level, Colchester are pressing for a playoff place to the Premiership). So, never write any club's chances off :shock:

I began watching Harriers when they played in the West Midlands Premier League (previously known as the Birmingham League). The club has come on a long way since then and I'm proud to support a small, friendly local club rather than be one of the herd who follows Manchester United, Chelsea or Newcastle United (oops, thats hardly a big or successful club, is it? ;-) ) from afar.

OK, the Premier League might take 12 years ....:lol:

NK Arsenal

Juniors
nostalgia said:
Premier League in 10 years?

It seems like the blink of an eye since Wigan were in the Northern League, Wimbledon were in the Southern League and Colchester United were in the Conference. They've all gone on to progress rather well from non-league football (Wigan are in the Premiership, Wimbledon have won an FA Cup and spent several years at the top level, Colchester are pressing for a playoff place to the Premiership). So, never write any club's chances off :shock:

I began watching Harriers when they played in the West Midlands Premier League (previously known as the Birmingham League). The club has come on a long way since then and I'm proud to support a small, friendly local club rather than be one of the herd who follows Manchester United, Chelsea or Newcastle United (oops, thats hardly a big or successful club, is it? ;-) ) from afar.

OK, the Premier League might take 12 years ....:lol:

I respect the supporters of this team for not supporting a big name club. And I don't support any of those clubs. Arsenal for life!

nostalgia

Juniors
Got up at 5.30 a.m.
Left home at 6.30 a.m.
180 miles trip back to Kidderminster.
Stood in line and queued for over 4 hours.
Bought ticket for FA Trophy Final at 2.00 p.m.
Drove 180 miles back home.
5.45 p.m. arrived back home.

Who said being a Harriers fan is easy? Maybe I should have taken the easy option and become a Gooner when I was a child :crazy:

By the way, my ticket for Wembley is "Entrance C, Block 116, Row 35, Seat 143". If anyone else from this website is at the game they will be welcome to come over and join me for some Aggborough Soup from my thermos ;-)

chileman

Coach
nostalgia said:
By the way, my ticket for Wembley is "Entrance C, Block 116, Row 35, Seat 143". If anyone else from this website is at the game they will be welcome to come over and join me for some Aggborough Soup from my thermos ;-)
:? I'd give my left leg to be sitting next to you nostalgia to watch the mighty Harriers at Wimbledon :(
novacastrian_panther, I think you should make the Harriers at least your 2nd club behind the Gunners , add a bit oif variety and excitement to your sporting support ;-)

nostalgia

Juniors
chileman said:
:? I'd give my left leg to be sitting next to you nostalgia to watch the mighty Harriers at Wimbledon :(
novacastrian_panther, I think you should make the Harriers at least your 2nd club behind the Gunners , add a bit oif variety and excitement to your sporting support ;-)

Thats an excellent idea, Chileman. At least Harriers still have a chance of winning a trophy this year :lol: . novacastrian-panther would be very welcome to be an honorary Harrier for his second club.

Glad I made the effort to get my ticket on Sunday as I believe that Harriers sold out their 17,500 allocation on Monday. Same story at Stevenage, too, with both club's seeking an extra 5,000 tickets from the FA. I fully appreciate that the big interest for many neutrals is to see the first competitive match at the new Wembley, but this is madness.

chileman

Coach
nostalgia said:
Thats an excellent idea, Chileman. At least Harriers still have a chance of winning a trophy this year :lol: . novacastrian-panther would be very welcome to be an honorary Harrier for his second club.

Glad I made the effort to get my ticket on Sunday as I believe that Harriers sold out their 17,500 allocation on Monday. Same story at Stevenage, too, with both club's seeking an extra 5,000 tickets from the FA. I fully appreciate that the big interest for many neutrals is to see the first competitive match at the new Wembley, but this is madness.
Wimbledon #-o I meant Wembly nostalgia but it was a Monday and I was doing it tough :lol: at least it started with a 'W' :oops:

chileman

Coach
Well it's taken me a week to post as I'm still shattered but it must have so much worse for you nostalgia being and seeing James Constable put us into what looked like a winning position only for it to be taken from us :( , 50,000 a great crowd and hopefully better things to come for the Harriers in 2007/2008!

nostalgia

Juniors
To be honest, I wasn't too bothered that we lost. It was a great day out at the New Wembley and its not often that Harriers play in front of over 50,000 :lol: .

I'm already looking forward to getting next season's fixtures list. I think there's a fair chance we'll improve on this year's 10th place: it would be nice to think we'll be pushing to get back to League 2.

Finally, well done to Morecambe for getting to League 2 today via the play-offs. Its a small club that plays good football: they deserve to go up. I lived just across from Morecamb's ground for a year back in the 1970's when I was a student, so I guess i'm slightly biased.

chileman

Coach
nostalgia said:
To be honest, I wasn't too bothered that we lost. It was a great day out at the New Wembley and its not often that Harriers play in front of over 50,000 :lol: .

I'm already looking forward to getting next season's fixtures list. I think there's a fair chance we'll improve on this year's 10th place: it would be nice to think we'll be pushing to get back to League 2.

Finally, well done to Morecambe for getting to League 2 today via the play-offs. Its a small club that plays good football: they deserve to go up. I lived just across from Morecamb's ground for a year back in the 1970's when I was a student, so I guess i'm slightly biased.
All the best in the offseason nostalgia :D here's hoping a couple of new signings and the will to win more games next season will see us go up :alcho:

nostalgia

Juniors
Cheers, Chileman :cool:

This is the great thing about footie: the promise that "next season" will be the one that brings home the silver. I've been saying that every year since I first watched Harriers in 1968 ](*,)

Anyway, I'll be back next season. In the meantime, have a great few months (I don't believe you have a real winter in Oz!).

By the way, its great to see the Sea Eagles doing so well :music1:

ta ta for now,
nostalgia (mrs nostalgia sends her love, too)

nostalgia

Juniors
It is now "next season" (almost).

Harriers have had their first pre-season friendly (a mighty 1-0 win) and are on course to win the Conference this year. Except, it isn't called the Conference this year. This year its the Blue Square Premiership (good grief :oops: ), named after some gambling company I had never heard of before. Anyway, who cares who the sponsor is so long as we win it :lol: .

Good to see the Sea Eagles flying so high ;-)

nostalgia

Juniors
Sorry, but Idon't really understand those Far East betting syndicates. Who can really be arsed about who takes the first throw-in? And in what minute of the match? And whether they are wearing pink underpants? etc etc

Betting syndicates? Shove 'em up your Hansie Cronje :lol:

Anyway, if you want a safe bet, put a few dollars on Harriers to win the Blue Square Conference. Dead cert, really.
As we say in the West Mids, "'bostin!'" :music1:

Enoch and Eli say this is our year :thumb

Kindest regards, your obedient servant
nostalgia

chileman

Coach
:? Not a good atart to the season (what the heck is up with just calling it Conferences :lol: ) but it's good to have you back nostalgia and hopefully that was just a nervous hiccup and we will turn it around this weekend!