What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kidderminster Harriers supporters!

nostalgia

Juniors
Post 700 \\\\:D/

FA Cup tip:

Round 1 - Harriers to draw at Christie Park on Saturday and stuff Morecambe in a replay.

Round 2 - In early December, Harriers to travel to somewhere not-very-nice and win by a dubious penalty in the 93rd minute.

Round 3 - Chelsea come to Aggborough. Mulligatawny Soup rating 9/10 (too much chilli? :eek:). Lampard has a nightmare. Harriers scrape through 3-0 and hope to get a big club (Wolves? :crazy: )in the next round.
nostalgia has been a Harriers fan since his first game at Aggborough in 1968, but still knows jack-all about football ...

nostalgia

Juniors
Well, Harriers have been knocked out of the FA Cup (shock, horror, defeat at Morecambe :( ) and our form in the Conference is a bit poor ( C - R - A - P :roll: ). So what does that leave? Shove ha'penny? Watching all the rubbish that's on TV? Doing all those jobs around the house that mrs nostalgia wants me to do (and which I am sure to make a mess of)?

Oh, bugger, I might as well think of the Ashes :crazy:

I think its now 6 days until the start of the First Test at Brisbane. I reckon that means that play starts at midnight in the UK, so it looks like some long nights in bed listening to the digital broadcasts on the BBC. I guess productivity at work will nose-dive over the next 7 weeks or so with nostalgia reporting for duty as a zombie ...

Right, what chance England? I reckon the batting should be OK (lay off Ian Bell, you guys!), but our pace bowling looks a bit poor at the moment without Harmieson. I'd love Monty to do well, but its asking a lot of the guy and he's not in Shane's league. Truth is I can't see our lot taking 20 wickets more than once in the series and so I reckon the Aussies must be favourites.

Whatever, here's to a good series and may the best side win. I hope its played in the same spirit as the last series 18 months ago.

chileman

Coach
Another draw, better than a loss I guess :sarcasm:
It's heating up here, weather prediction nostalgia for Thursday up here, well it hasn't rained for nearly a year and we are in the worst drought in 1000 years....so my prediction for the first day of the first test......rain :lol: (as if)

nostalgia

Juniors
Last night I went to Colchester and watched them beat Hull City 5-1.

On Saturday I shall be at Gravesend with mrs nostalgia to watch Harriers in a Conference match.

Next Tuesday I shall watch Dereham Town play CRC in a Ridgeons League game.

.......the lengths some of us go to take our minds off the Ashes series ;-)

chileman

Coach
nostalgia said:
Last night I went to Colchester and watched them beat Hull City 5-1.

On Saturday I shall be at Gravesend with mrs nostalgia to watch Harriers in a Conference match.

Next Tuesday I shall watch Dereham Town play CRC in a Ridgeons League game.

.......the lengths some of us go to take our minds off the Ashes series ;-)
Pohms are doing well in the 2nd test and the Harriers had a glorious win over Gravesend, you must be on cloud nine amigo :D ....we love you Harkness, we do...oh Harkness we love you!

nostalgia

Juniors
A good win at Gravesend, and Johnny Harkness did score 2 fine goals from free-kicks (Bend it Like Harkness?). But Gravesend did not leave me on Cloud 9: I discovered that Gravesend is precisely how the Luftwaffe left it in 1940 :? .

Anyway, bit of a slow start for England with the Ashes. I prefer to think that we're pacing ourselves :cool: . Have to say that Ponting has had a brilliant year: not bad for a little'un ;-)

chileman

Coach
Rough seats on the behind nostalgia????
:sarcasm: Have been told I have similar facial features to Ponting....pity I don't his batting prowess as well :p barmy army have been a bit quiet so far this morning amigo!

nostalgia

Juniors
Seats? No seats for Away fans at Gravesend. No roof, either, so good job it didn't rain. Nowhere to get a cuppa or a beer, either :shock: Bit of a shame that Goerring didn't finish the job ....

Guess the Barmy Army are having that Monday morning feeling :badgrin:

Just needs 5 good deliveries to end this innings ... :pray:

chileman

Coach
No seats, surely they should realise that Harrier fans deserve better than that nostalgia, I mean they can get a mean soup at Aggborough :D
Are you watching the ashes or listening to it on the radio as I might call in and get them to give you a cheerio :D

nostalgia

Juniors
I have to resort to the radio for the Ashes: the radio commentary over here is so much better than the TV commentary. Also, the Ashes are on Sky TV (a Murdoch-owned subscription service) and I'm a bit of a cheapskate :roll: . Besides, its probably not a bad thing that I haven't seen the pictures from Brisbane and Adelaide :oops: .

Anyway, I believe that up till now only Bradman's team has ever come back from 0-2 to win an Ashes series. I reckon we should send a couple of gallons of Aggborough Soup to reach Flintoff's boys in time for Perth :D .

When the hell is Warne going to bloody well retire and grow vegetables on his allotment ...

chileman

Coach
Well I think it's time to wish my amigo nostalgia and all the Harriers fans out there a very merry Christmas and a safe and happy new year and many more glorious wins for the Harriers over their opponents :D :alcho:

nostalgia

Juniors
Chileman,
G'day and all the best to you and your kin for Christmas :D from all of the Aggborough faithfull. May your soup be full of winter vegetables (parsnips are an absolute delight this year ;-) ).

Twizzle,
Hi, 'fella. Kiddy Harriers do exist in an absolute and existential fashion. We have had a tough few years but we DO expect to be back in the Football League within the next 2-3 years. May I send you a sample of Aggborough Soup (a fine restorative for any ailing sports side: shame Flintoff declined a litre or two)?
Twizzle, you are a very welcome addition to this thread. I think you are now an honorary Harrier for life :crazy: .

Raiders Ultra,
Nice to see you are fit and well!!! Happy Christmas to you and your family!

Regards,
nostalgia

chileman

Coach
Twizzle said:
so is this actually a football team chilidude ?
They sure are Twizzamigo, making their way up the Conference ladder...speaking of which, they had a good win against Cambridge to have us sitting just 7 points out of the top 5 :shock: nostalgia can we start to get slightly excited yet :D

nostalgia

Juniors
Harriers have won their last 5 league games: that's enough to moisten my palms very slightly ;-)

The play-offs must now be a realistic ambition for this season.

The point of interest in the Conference is that Oxford United (the Chelsea of the Conference :roll: ) have lost their lost 2 games and are no longer top (only the Conference winner goes up automatically).

chileman

Coach
A win against 3rd place York will certainly boost our chances of making the playoffs, here's hoping nostalgia! :D

nostalgia

Juniors
Just got back from a weekend in Amsterdam :alcho: . The only sad thing is that I missed Harriers' win at Exeter City in the FAT (FA Trophy - the non-league equivalent of the FA Cup).

The boys are on a roll and are looking for a FAT final and a play-off place to get back in to the Footaball League.

Memory is a strange thing, but the ways things are going I can't remember Harriers losing a match since about 1986 ... :^o

chileman

Coach
nostalgia said:
Just got back from a weekend in Amsterdam The only sad thing is that I missed Harriers' win at Exeter City in the FAT (FA Trophy - the non-league equivalent of the FA Cup).

The boys are on a roll and are looking for a FAT final and a play-off place to get back in to the Footaball League.

Memory is a strange thing, but the ways things are going I can't remember Harriers losing a match since about 1986 ... :^o
:lol: But surely you were still in nappies in 1986 ;-) Have been to Amsterdam many moons ago, lovely city if you make sure you steer clear of some streets :oops: ;-)