What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Killer instinct

Dragon_psa

First Grade
What really impressed me most last night was the killer instinct we displayed which has been somewhat lacking for quite a few seasons now. Once we got to 16-8 and saw the panther's heads drop, we stepped up a gear and drove it home. Well done boys - it's great to see they really want that title. GO THE MIGHTIES!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Saint 60

Juniors
If ever they just open up on someone as a team...theyll kill them..
we all knew that..but they just cant string it together...but they did well in the second halv last night thats for sure...the first half was standard for Saints unfortunately :( ;(

Eric1/2B

Juniors
You're a bit pessamistic Saint60.

Give Penrith some credit for the first half as they played very well defensively. To the Dragons credit, they were quite controlled and patient even though they couldn't get the points. It was the control and patience of the first half that helped us to score plenty in the second half when Penrith tired from their defensive efforts.

Dragons controlled the game and we won well. The good thing there is plenty of improvement left.

_Johnsy

Referee
I think we still have plenty of improvement left in us. Building quite nicely indeed.

Saint 60

Juniors
Eric1/2B said:
You're a bit pessamistic Saint60.

Give Penrith some credit for the first half as they played very well defensively. To the Dragons credit, they were quite controlled and patient even though they couldn't get the points. It was the control and patience of the first half that helped us to score plenty in the second half when Penrith tired from their defensive efforts.

Dragons controlled the game and we won well. The good thing there is plenty of improvement left.

yeah i agree...but this is after the game...
before the game we were running 12th our for and against was not dam good...we were 4/5 wins and losses - the first halve the defence of Penrith was dam good..but our attack was not up to the game..we had plenty of the ball and didnt drop to much, the penalties as far as i know were pretty even...we should of been well in front....i watched it on telly, and at halve time i wasnt confident at all ------ :(

But i sure as eggs were happy with the win :) :)

Surely - I actually liked Best at your club, i thought it was strange him moving - Anderson? i dunno...but hes had 2 reasonable games weel c if he comes good :) --- i have heard that we swapped him for Blacklock??? hes got a lot of work to do if thats the case.....

God-King Dean

Immortal
96.jpg

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Saint 60 said:
i have heard that we swapped him for Blacklock??? hes got a lot of work to do if thats the case.....
Is Colin Best the Ringo Starr of the Dragons? Although I think Nathan Blacklock had more to offer than Pete Best.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Barrett has that instinct without a doubt.

And whilst that boy is fit, you guys have every chance IMO.

I am actually looking forward too seeing him against Locky.

Much to my own supporters disgust, I truely believe Barrett will trouble him greatly.

If the boy can stay fit he is an awesome player and could give Locky (without a doubt a great player ) a run for his money an even perhaps show he is a better no.6

D.Young looks great @ rake BTW.

Angry is not a halfback come hooker fan, backrower come rake is far more applicable to me.

G

gorilla

Actually Willow, I've been waiting for someone to call that tune (Pete Best)

Did you ever see the melbourne band - Pete Best's Beatles ?, c early 80s ?
Goz

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yes, I remember the Pete Best Beatles. Melbourne band who liked coming to Sydney, played in inner-city pubs and Unis.

Everyone in the band was called Pete Best, except for the drummer who called himself Pest Beat.

ForestDragon

Juniors
The Dragons are beginning to show what a good team they are now and they are capable of cementing their position in the top 8.Thommo is looking the business again after a difficult start to the season,good onya Thommo.

gregstar

Referee
shows how good it can be if we keep star players on the field for an extended period of time! barrett is showing the form of his life, timmo (whilst still needing new knees) is making plenty of yards (forward) & thommo is finding great form.

our completion rate was high & therefore with the quality of the players on show we should win most games when this is the case.
even though we trailed at half time - you sensed that penrith were stuffed because we held all the possession & field position.

a word of warning is that whilst we are finding form, manly are the only team we've beaten who were in form.
easts - a character-building win, but they were out of form
tigers - were/are in the midst of a slump
souths - enough said
penrith - 2nd best win of the season

redwhitedragon

Juniors
Timmins will be so much better off not involving himself in the State Of Origin.
who knows how much we couldve got with Head playing. Still sometimes I think this s why we r seeing Barrett shine. Hopefully he will continue his form when heady comes back.
I am slightly worried though bout the Knights. They need a good dose of pride and Joey will be back. We all know how we can crumble at the bad teams cause we think we have already won the game..
I have faith but i am concerned..

Collateral

Coach
Apparently Joey wont be playing against us...but it might be a ploy by the knights to put him in at the last minute to have a dig at us...afterall, it was "Supercoach" Hagan who had the blowup about us ruling out players from rep games and putting them in for the weekend game.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Even if he is playing, he wont be match fit.

The Knights played quite well today but as far as I could tell, they're still struggling through a losing streak. That is, they are still down on confidence and in a habit of losing. They'll snap out of it sooner or later but probably not next weekend... at least I hope thats the case.

Having said that, they have some incentive to win. If they lose, it'll be 10 losses in 10 starts, something of post-war record (I think) and something I'm sure they'll be keen to avoid.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
The game against the Knights is going to be a real test of our depth.

No Riddell to pull us out, no Head to show brilliance and maturity, Sims is out of form...

BUT, we do have Thommo, Timmo and Hornby (the latter I'm hoping will be playing) in the side, and when those guys step up anything is possible.

Mr Saab

Referee
good to see you are a realist Greg.
Dragons are back, but to an extent.
If the Dragons can win away in cronulla, nth qld and brisbane then they are a big threat. The Dragons most recent wins have been against teams they were really expected to beat.
Still, you can only beat whats in front of you. Will the dragons make me eat my words..looking that way, but i would rather the dragons succeed than the knights, cowboys or roosters.