What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kimmorely at the Crossroads

Since 73

First Grade
There’s a few innuendos/suggestions on here that BK may be off to the UK.
Well, tomorrow when he runs out he will be feeling pressure like he hasn’t felt since the Preston saga. Because we have found out we don’t need him.

The Sharks declined after Lang left. ET, the Rat, Preston and a host of others either retired or left and in came a pot-pourri of mediocrity. It has taken us a while, but in the last few weeks we have seen the emergence of some quality youth mingled with some surprisingly excellent buys – Douglas, Kinga, Kearney, Harlen, Thommo, Ross, etc. Plus, the well stated influence of Adrian Lam and the re-emergence of Adam Dykes.

Following a footy team is a journey of peaks and troughs as personnel come and go over the seasons. The Sharks at this very moment are heading in the right direction – up. This mix of players we have at the moment are tasting success and developing a craving for it.

This year’s signings and sackings will be a delicate operation. Get it right, and bring in just the right personnel to complement what we have and next year could be huge.
Get it wrong..…Tweedle, Mapp, Seers, Lomu, Merritt, etc……say no more.

So where does BK fit into all this?
Well, he was the marquee signing that was going to take us from being ‘one game away from the Grand Final’ to winning the darn thing.
It hasn’t happened – for whatever reasons. It started bad and except for one or 2 good games he hasn’t been able to spark our attack.
Tomorrow he runs out with this team that is playing very well thankyou without him.
If he tinkers with it and gets it wrong the genuine and persevering Shark supporter (those that want the club to have success and not just see their favourite players play) will not stand for it and will let him know – as they during the Preston ordeal.

He will then have to accept that it just did not work out at the Sharks. And that’s fair enough - it can happen to us all in our workplace.
Then UK will come calling.

Tomorrow, and the next 2 –3 weeks, we see if BK has what it takes to be part of this team that is going places. It is all laid out for him. No Dykes to blame that he took too much of the ball. It’s totally his show.

I’ve said before, personally I’m a fan of BK’s and would love to see him come out and be the footballer we once saw and hold that trophy up in October. Tomorrow we get a glimpse if that’s going to be possible.

It will be very interesting…:-k

Since 73

First Grade
Cronulla captain Kimmorley is back

Cronulla captain Brett Kimmorley will make a sooner-than-expected return to the NRL against the Bulldogs on Sunday.
Kimmorley missed his side's run of four-straight wins due to an ankle injury, but will be back for the Telstra Stadium clash after getting through the team's final training session on Saturday.
The Sharks halfback will come up against Brent Sherwin, who will wear the No.7 jersey for the Bulldogs after overcoming a hand injury.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Cronulla-captain-Kimmorley-is-back/2006/05/20/1147545556150.html

sharkmachine07

Juniors
lets remember the bulldogs are a much better team then the raiders and they have sherwin and tonga back but are missing 4 forwards.We have thommo and vags out so don't get to hyped over it if we lose. but i hope kimmorley has a blinder 2morro.

Since 73

First Grade
Whether we win or lose will not come into it.
It is all about whether BK has sat back and taken in what has been happening on the field in the past 4 weeks.
Things have changed. If he comes out and picks up from where he left off 5 - 6 weeks ago....then he is either a slow learner or has his own agenda. he is our playmaker and has been SHOWN the plays he needs to make to get this team over the line.
That's what the issue is.

Barrowmundi

I just read inthe paper that if the gimp(kimmorley) does play it will be at the expense of Kearney being dropped?????? WHAT THE! I sincerly hope they were wrong and he goes to 5/8 and Bird to the bench. Anyone else heard anything different? I hope so.

sharkmachine07

Juniors
very true since 73 hope hope he has looked at it (playing style) and has taken it on. imagin noddy playin the new style he would be way better plus imagin noddy and dykes playing together playing the same style.

If we continue to win with both Noddy & then dykes back, to drop Kearney would be unfair and wrong, placing him on the bench for Latu would be the way to go, Kearney could come on and play dummy half.

Jimbo

Immortal
Since 73 said:
Whether we win or lose will not come into it.

Unfortunately some people are so blinkered that this is true

Kimmorley could score ten tries and set up five more tomorrow, and you would still have people on here blaming him for everything from global warming to the sinking of the Titanic

For f*cks sake, give it a rest...

imasharkie

Coach
Kimmorley could score ten tries and set up five more tomorrow, and you would still have people on here blaming him for everything from global warming to the sinking of the Titanic

For f*cks sake, give it a rest...

Settle down Jimbo.
All Kimmorley has to do is to perform to the value we are paying him and I would sing his praises but while he serves up the sh*t he has been giving us for the last season and a half I am entitled to have my say.
Jimbo, will you still support Kimmorley if his game continues to go downhill as it has been?
Will you still support him to be the captain and leader when there is no confidence in his leadership?
Will you still support him if he doesn't change his game plan and continue to play his outdated style of play?

Yes Kimmorley is at crossroads in his career with the Sharks.

If he can't progress onto the new style of play we are playing, he should be sent to the lower grades.

Jimbo

Immortal
imasharkie said:
All Kimmorley has to do is to perform to the value we are paying him and I would sing his praises

I'll believe that when I see it

At least let him f*ck up first...

imasharkie

Coach
I'll believe that when I see it

And you'll see it if Kimmorley can lift his game to the level we are paying him, Jimbo. If he still continues to play in the same vane he has been for the last year and a half he won't be getting any points from me. Just questions and I'll certainally be writing to the club for the reason why he is kept in 1st grade.

Since 73

First Grade
Jimbo:

At least let him f*ck up first...

Honestly, Jimbo, where the hell have you been for the past 12 months?
When you're watching tomorrow, we're the team in the black, white and blue.
I'll tell you how bad it got last year after he was dropped from SOO 1 for having an absolute shocker.
But first, while I'm on that game, I know the Blue forwards were soft but that didn't explain Bk's kicking game that continually lost us ground. He was standing that flat he was trying to kick it through the QLD defence that was on top of him. He was dropped from that game looonng before he threw the intercept to Bowen.

But back to how bad it got last year...
His form deteriorated that much, blokes like Nutley and Vagana were openly deriding him on the Sunday Footy Show in the after game interviews.
His own team mates were so frustrated and they could not do a thing about it, because he was the first bloke picked week in and week out.

Listen to Gus Gould speak about him.
I know Gould cops it about being a big mouth, but amidst all the 'opinions' he also talks a lot of sense. He totally has BK worked out. Gould won't have him in rep footy, because BK really struggles to be team player. - unless the other 12 play his type of football.

That's why I'm curious about his return, as now more than ever in the past 3 years we seem to be playing like a team We are playing with a confidence in each other's defence and attack. Other blokes are being allowed to try things and it's coming off.
Can he fit in?

We'll all see in the next couple of weeks.

Jimbo

Immortal
Hey SLE, your nose is pretty close to the ground. Can you confirm this?

Since 73 said:
His own team mates were so frustrated and they could not do a thing about it, because he was the first bloke picked week in and week out.

What do the rest of the team really think of Noddy?

Sideline Eye

Juniors
They know he basically runs the team, but they respect him and rely on him. He does alot more behind the scenes that goes unnoticed.