What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

King Try ?

Was kings no try a try or not???

• Not Try

Votes: 75 40.1%
  • Try

Votes: 112 59.9%

• Total voters

Lowdown

Juniors
Anyone who 'properly' views the slow motion replay of the play can clearly see Hodges hand in contact with the ball. His hand is lying in front of Hoffmans arm, meaning the ball did not at any stage touch Hoffman.

This is a classic, undeniable, stuff-up by the video referrees, no two ways about it. At the very, very least, it should have been benefit of the doubt. But they screwed up, and should admit it later on today and apologise to NRL fans across the country.

I bet they won't just as much as I know the history books won't change the result.

All I know is that I've lost a bit of love for this great game, and will never lose the helplessness of knowing even with the most advanced technology and best intentions, that officials will still get it wrong, but also - that they'll get it wrong in the biggest game of the year.

I feel dirty on Bill Haragon, dirty on Chris Ward and dirty on Paul Simpkins and it will take a long time to heal.

Well done Broncos, however...I guess.

Lowdown said:
Anyone who 'properly' views the slow motion replay of the play can clearly see Hodges hand in contact with the ball. His hand is lying in front of Hoffmans arm, meaning the ball did not at any stage touch Hoffman.

This is a classic, undeniable, stuff-up by the video referrees, no two ways about it. At the very, very least, it should have been benefit of the doubt. But they screwed up, and should admit it later on today and apologise to NRL fans across the country.

I bet they won't just as much as I know the history books won't change the result.

All I know is that I've lost a bit of love for this great game, and will never lose the helplessness of knowing even with the most advanced technology and best intentions, that officials will still get it wrong, but also - that they'll get it wrong in the biggest game of the year.

I feel dirty on Bill Haragon, dirty on Chris Ward and dirty on Paul Simpkins and it will take a long time to heal.

Well done Broncos, however...I guess.

cry me a f**kin river, i bet you werent complaining the week before..should of been dragons v broncos

aids

Bench
no try, hoffman knocked it towards hodges
if he wasn't playing at it then he was tackling a player in the air.

Lowdown

Juniors
KrypnotiK said:
cry me a f**kin river, i bet you werent complaining the week before..should of been dragons v broncos

No - we comprehensively outplayed the Dragons from start to finish. Result did not hinge on decisions which were 50-50 at best. The decisions made on Sunday night were hardly 50-50, and they all favoured Brisbane.

Dont get me wrong, Broncos were the better team - its unfortunate that the way the game was officiated prevented an un-tarnished result.

Freak2

Juniors
Lowdown said:
No - we comprehensively outplayed the Dragons from start to finish. Result did not hinge on decisions which were 50-50 at best. The decisions made on Sunday night were hardly 50-50, and they all favoured Brisbane.

Dont get me wrong, Broncos were the better team - its unfortunate that the way the game was officiated prevented an un-tarnished result.

What about the game before when Morrison for the Eels had a try disallowed that should have been given B.O.D try.

Swings and Roundabouts my friend!!

Godz Illa

Coach
Lowdown said:
Dragons had 3 tries disallowed, and two ref errors led directly to Storm tries. Steve Clark allowed Storm players to lie in the ruck all game and his policing of the markers was lax at best.

But don't get me wrong, Melbourne were the better team - it's unfortunate that the way the game was officiated prevented an un-tarnished result.

Brutus

Referee
Lowdown said:

This is a classic, undeniable, stuff-up by the video referrees, no two ways about it.

Spot on.

it should have been a 50 metre penalty - oh that's AFL - better get used to it though as the NRL wants interstate grandfinals and sydney will be lost to league.

i will say it again - get rid of gallop

juanfarkall

Coach
Godz Illa said:
Dragons had 3 tries disallowed, and two ref errors led directly to Storm tries. Steve Clark allowed Storm players to lie in the ruck all game and his policing of the markers was lax at best.

But don't get me wrong, Melbourne were the better team - it's unfortunate that the way the game was officiated prevented an un-tarnished result.

That would make Melbourne's victory over St. George Illawarra a hollow one, thus after their loss on the weekend, Melbourne were hollow runners up too ?

Ant

Juniors
Look I watched it on the night and thought there was no clear evidence that Hoffman touched and certainly it is clear that Hodges touched it first. Worst case it should have been a storm feed.

But I have watched it back probably 20 times in slow mo on the dvd recorder and there is no evidence that Hoffman ever touch's the ball, in the fact it is quite the opposite Hodge's hands and arms appear to always be on the inside of hoffman's arm preventing the ball from coming in contact.

In my view it should have been a clear try or a benefit of the doubt try, because as I said there is no clear evidence that Hoffman ever touch's the ball. How Harrigan came up with his call is beyond me, it speaks of the man's ego that today he has come out and said Simpkins got calls wrong but he made the right call on the try.

It had to be try and I am a supporter of neither team, and I am not saying melb were robbed and brisbane wouldn't have won. Brisbane may have won anyway, but the simple fact is it should have been awarded, there is no clear evidence to deny a try.

What I can't believe is that 45% of people are saying no try in this, they obviously have not watched the tape back.