What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kingston - Imppressive

EELICIT

Juniors
So you're saying that what he did AFTER the f**k up erases the mistake? Get a grip. Hey, seeing as you love quoting me so much, how about you quote what I said about some of his other involvements...

Thats exactly what im saying. I can see that you jumped on the bandwagon as soon as he scored a couple but thats you, now im ending our typing crap cause i cant see us agreeing on anything remotely sane!

lingard

Coach
I thought Kingston had a great game, I agree they should rotate Kingston and Keating, but Keating was great in defence at some crucial times.:D

Yes, all this arguing has deflected us from the real point: how much better does our forward pack look now with BOTH of them in the side, eh ?:)

Lethal

Juniors
Yes, all this arguing has deflected us from the real point: how much better does our forward pack look now with BOTH of them in the side, eh ?:)

True, we looked so much better with a 9 that actually knew what he was doing :lol:

Fee

Juniors

Yeah, I agree , and how good was it to see the majority of our team WANT to win a game, they were so enthusiastic and ready to put themselves on the line. Great job boys, so glad I decided to sit in the pouring rain to see that game.:thumb:clap::clap::thumb

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
Thats exactly what im saying. I can see that you jumped on the bandwagon as soon as he scored a couple but thats you, now im ending our typing crap cause i cant see us agreeing on anything remotely sane!

Lol...you really are incredibly, incredibly stupid aren't you? I mean Christ, it's clear I hate Hayne and wish death, swine flu, and ebola on him because I was pissed off at a stupid mistake he made, and that any praise I heap on him for his brilliant efforts on the rest of the game is simply me jumping on some kind of imaginary bandwagon to cover that hatred....well, it's clear if you're a deluded schizophrenic on hallucinogens, anyway:roll:

And saying his performance erases the fact he made a mistake? That's just geniused

Last edited:

Craig Johnston

First Grade
we can play the 2 in tandem with mk being a real option at lock. hopefully now see the end of todd lowrie...........plllleeeeeeeaaassseeee

Gronk

Staff member
VERY impressed

service out of dummy half was great - fast passes - not afraid to take a scoot when the markers are not ready

I give him 4 thumbs out of 5 ... :thumn :thumn :thumn :thumn

Lock him in Eddie !

salvy71

Juniors
You're*....FFS it's not that hard.

Oh and Keating is a better player than Kingston

I'll have to disagree on that one ......Kingston is a better dummy half ...was only a couple of years ago that Kingston was seen as 2nd only to Cameron Smith in the pecking order of Queenslands best hookers .

salvy71

Juniors
Kingston was good...but like I said, compare them after a little while when the adrenaline of the debut wears off. Kingston hasn't been doing that for Wenty, IMO from what I've seen and been told that was his best game all year. So I'm not willing to jump up and down and rate him as the second coming of Christ like a few on here seem to be based on one game, in ideal conditions for a hooker, when his adrenaline was pumping for his debut.

Remember, this is a guy who couldn't crack it at the Sharks with a much better pack...they picked a halfback in Green over him at times.

He played the first 6 games last year then got injured and was pretty much out until around round 20 - by which time De gois had a stranglehold on the position .
He played 22 games for Cronulla in 2007 .

salvy71

Juniors
There's room for both Keating and Kingston in the team , I'd like to see the role shared between them depending on the state of the game but i do believe that Keating has to sharpen his passing game and try running from dummy half more often , he looks good when he does but doesn't seem to do it enough .

Admiral Awesome

Juniors
Kingston was great, showed great vison, got the forwards rolling forward, knew when to run from dummy half...things that cannot just appear magically for 1 night of first grade. U either have it or u don't. Our whole team went up a gear when he was on the field.

Keating gave slow service, takes wrong options , and goes for the 'home run' play way to often. Alot of games this year he's shown a complete lack of vision and butchered overlaps. Once so badly (against Roosters) he got hooked after 20mins & was never seen again.

Bazal u even gave him (Keating) points in ur 3-2-1s?? Dude seems like ur a bit off the pace too. Then again u are one of the 'we're best of with Burt at fullback' group. say no more.

Runaround Man

Juniors
Debating is good, but in the end the only opinion that is important is the coach's.

Wonder what Daniel Anderson will do. I personally think he sees some light at the end of the tunnel - some real options.
Great coach......thank god.

I love his honesty in his appraisals of the games......good indicator for me.

Bazal

Post Whore
Kingston was great, showed great vison, got the forwards rolling forward, knew when to run from dummy half...things that cannot just appear magically for 1 night of first grade. U either have it or u don't. Our whole team went up a gear when he was on the field.

Keating gave slow service, takes wrong options , and goes for the 'home run' play way to often. Alot of games this year he's shown a complete lack of vision and butchered overlaps. Once so badly (against Roosters) he got hooked after 20mins & was never seen again.

Bazal u even gave him (Keating) points in ur 3-2-1s?? Dude seems like ur a bit off the pace too. Then again u are one of the 'we're best of with Burt at fullback' group. say no more.

I gave Kingston points too...I fail to see what that has to do with anything...As for Burt, I was of the opinion that Hayne was not in good enough form to oust him, and that his best position is fullback. That changed a few weeks ago when Hayne had a cracker at centre. Again, relevance? Zero.

Keating is a good young (22 year old) hooker who is developing his game. He makes mistakes...so f**king what? He also does some very good things and is improving. He will be a top notch hooker. Kingston had a good game...but is a 26 year old who is still yet to cement a first grade spot after 5 years. There are reasons for that, he's hot and cold for starters and has had issues with his service and vision. I'd compare him to Daniel Irvine; a good player with some good traits, but also some holes in his game. And at 26, he's probably not going to improve very much. Keating is.

Ultimately, Kinga is a good player who has shown he deserves a role in the 17. But he's not better than Keating.

People who pick at the tiniest flaw within a player are an amusing sideshow, but it seems that our supporter base is made up of far too many....it's not as though Keating just offers nothing like a Finch or a Hauraki, and it's not as though he has attidue problems like Hayne or others have in the past. He does a good job and is a young player on the improve...

Admiral Awesome

Juniors
I gave Kingston points too...I fail to see what that has to do with anything...As for Burt, I was of the opinion that Hayne was not in good enough form to oust him, and that his best position is fullback. That changed a few weeks ago when Hayne had a cracker at centre. Again, relevance? Zero.

Keating is a good young (22 year old) hooker who is developing his game. He makes mistakes...so f**king what? He also does some very good things and is improving. He will be a top notch hooker. Kingston had a good game...but is a 26 year old who is still yet to cement a first grade spot after 5 years. There are reasons for that, he's hot and cold for starters and has had issues with his service and vision. I'd compare him to Daniel Irvine; a good player with some good traits, but also some holes in his game. And at 26, he's probably not going to improve very much. Keating is.

Ultimately, Kinga is a good player who has shown he deserves a role in the 17. But he's not better than Keating.

People who pick at the tiniest flaw within a player are an amusing sideshow, but it seems that our supporter base is made up of far too many....it's not as though Keating just offers nothing like a Finch or a Hauraki, and it's not as though he has attidue problems like Hayne or others have in the past. He does a good job and is a young player on the improve...

& off topic was it u who said we're better off buying Blake Green then spending big on Wing if we had the chance? can't remember

Everyones entitled to their opinion & my opinion is thank hell ur not in charge of coaching or recruitment. Is your last name Hagan?

Blue Bagger 66

Juniors
Kingston had a good game...but is a 26 year old who is still yet to cement a first grade spot after 5 years. There are reasons for that, he's hot and cold for starters and has had issues with his service and vision.

Bazal,

I don't want to upset your apple cart but Kingston played some 50+ games straight for the Sharks from Rd 19 2005 to Round 6 2008 before he spent 4 months on the sideline with a broken bone in his foot. If 2 1/2 seasons straight in first grade isnt classed as cementing a first grade spot then I'm open to hear what the Bazal definition of cement is.

Latest posts