What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KISS for the GF??? (2023 GF entertainment discussion)

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Just noticed that KISS have announced a one off final show for Australia, its at ACCOR Stadium on Oct 7 the week after the GF. Mate of mine is a KISS fanatic and flying to Sydney for the concert, he mentioned today that they only have a concert mid July prior to this so no shows for a couple of months.
What are the chances that they will be the GF entertainment, good chance to have a warm up at the venue plus maybe a late sales push if required for the following week..

Just noticed that KISS have announced a one off final show for Australia, its at ACCOR Stadium on Oct 7 the week after the GF. Mate of mine is a KISS fanatic and flying to Sydney for the concert, he mentioned today that they only have a concert mid July prior to this so no shows for a couple of months.
What are the chances that they will be the GF entertainment, good chance to have a warm up at the venue plus maybe a late sales push if required for the following week..

It would be nice, but I doubt they would come cheap though. $ might be the factor.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Yuck.

It was time to move on from bogan rock in the 90s...
Bogan rock from the 70s whose biggest hit was a disco song... They also probably wouldn't know what a bogan was either, being from New York and all.

TBF, Kiss is a big name with undeniable reach and intergenerational appeal whom are retiring at the end of the year. They'd be easily the biggest act available in Australia at the time, and a big get for the NRL if they could pull it off.

KISS - old and shit.

Prodigy and Smack My Bitch Up, not a bloody chance for the PR brigade.

Give us more Australian headliners that didn’t make a name for themselves in the 70s or 80s. There’s plenty of Aussie rock talent to act as curtain raiser to the main event.

I would like to see free movement in and out of the stadium throughout the day with various precincts for you to visit throughout the day like a real music festival. Have a couple of pop up bars, one for each of the teams in the final, including the teams participating in the curtain raiser fixtures. Have an external stage with a few bands playing throughout the day. You can throw a few older name bands on there for the oldies.

Play centres and family areas. The GF should be an event that targets enough entertainment to cater to as many attendees as possible to be there from midday and a good post event to cater for any adults looking to kick on.

Nuke

Staff member
While I like your idea there, the thing working against all of that is that while there are a few thousand outside watching Daryl Braithwaite, drinking at the team bars, or playing in the family playground, they're not inside the ground watching whichever game is on at the time. The football kinda becomes an attraction in the event, not the focus of the show. And I can't see the NRL liking that.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
KISS - old and shit.

Prodigy and Smack My Bitch Up, not a bloody chance for the PR brigade.

Give us more Australian headliners that didn’t make a name for themselves in the 70s or 80s. There’s plenty of Aussie rock talent to act as curtain raiser to the main event.

I would like to see free movement in and out of the stadium throughout the day with various precincts for you to visit throughout the day like a real music festival. Have a couple of pop up bars, one for each of the teams in the final, including the teams participating in the curtain raiser fixtures. Have an external stage with a few bands playing throughout the day. You can throw a few older name bands on there for the oldies.

Play centres and family areas. The GF should be an event that targets enough entertainment to cater to as many attendees as possible to be there from midday and a good post event to cater for any adults looking to kick on.
I’d be happy with KISS even though I’m not a fan, the rest of this post is spot on.
Went to the GF last year from WA with my son, got there early because we were excited and wanted to look around, seriously couldn’t believe how little there was outside the stadium. I was expecting a lot of interaction with players etc with outside broadcasts from various radio shows etc, but just the footy show, a few little interactive pass the ball things and food stalls. We went in the ground early to catch a bit of the state cup, then realised you couldn’t get out. Nothing to do in the stadium for most parts, bloody long day.

The Great Dane

First Grade
So bands that most people won't have heard of and aren't really a draw even if they have...

Look it'd be great if the NRL could draw big relevant acts to do pre-game and half time shows at the GF, but on average that's not going to be realistic most years, so they have to do the best with what they've got, and say what you want about about Kiss (or any other similar act) but they'd be a good get for the NRL if they could pull it off.

So bands that most people won't have heard of and aren't really a draw even if they have...

Look it'd be great if the NRL could draw big relevant acts to do pre-game and half time shows at the GF, but on average that's not going to be realistic most years, so they have to do the best with what they've got, and say what you want about about Kiss (or any other similar act) but they'd be a good get for the NRL if they could pull it off.
They would be a waste of bloody money.

You know who does know the Aussie bands of the new century? The young. The ones who are the future of the game. Kiss would only interest a few old farts and certainly make no difference to the draw or ticket price.

While I like your idea there, the thing working against all of that is that while there are a few thousand outside watching Daryl Braithwaite, drinking at the team bars, or playing in the family playground, they're not inside the ground watching whichever game is on at the time. The football kinda becomes an attraction in the event, not the focus of the show. And I can't see the NRL liking that.
I am not saying have Darryl on while the GF is on. Naturally pass outs would finish say half an hour before KO. But for those that don’t want to sit around watching all the NRLW or the State Cup (and there are plenty who don’t, by the looks of the empty stadium seats when those matches are on), give them something to do within a precinct perimeter outside the stadium to interact in another manner, rather than having them arrive to the game late.