What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KISS for the GF??? (2023 GF entertainment discussion)

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I figured the NRL wouldve done some tribute to Tina Turner just after she passed away and what a fitting way to do it. Ive heard so many positive responses from people after watching the musical so I'm guess I'm quite happy for this to be the entertainment. They'll no doubt have Simply the Best and What You See is What you Get, maybe another song like Proud Mary.

I wonder if they'll surprise people by throwing in a well known Aussie singer.

As for Kiss at the AFL, they always seem to pull off the big name acts, but interesting that they were the 3rd choice. Ive heard people are fearing this could be another Meatloaf haha

The musical does a great job of hyping Simply The Best from the very start. It'd hype the crowd to allude to that before going through some of the bangers:
- What's Love Got To Do With It
- River Deep Mountain High
- Proud Mary

Then you could put a distinctly Australian flavour on it by doing Nutbush City Limits and getting everyone in the crowd on their feet to do an epic stadium flash mob that would go viral on Tiktok with the right editing. This would be great broader publicity for the game going into the Las Vegas Double Header in 2024.

Then you'd close with Simply The Best.

The Great Dane

First Grade
You've gotta love how the people at the NRL aren't even ashamed that they're hacks that're more than happy to live off the achievements of others long past.

Their constant need to go back to the Tina Turner well shows a total lack of any creativity or originality, and an incapability to move on from the past.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
You've gotta love how the people at the NRL aren't even ashamed that they're hacks that're more than happy to live off the achievements of others long past.

Their constant need to go back to the Tina Turner well shows a total lack of any creativity or originality, and an incapability to move on from the past.
Maybe the NRL could get you to recite your posts as entertainment. Only take about 7 hours to get through 1. And 80000 suicides from the crowd through boredom.

Iamback

Coach

You do realise most big acts are touring Europe/US right now?

30 year anniversary seems like a good time.

It would matter who they picked you and your kind would complain.

The Great Dane

First Grade
The Great Dope rolls up. Tell me, and please try to limit it to a sentence rather than your usual bag of wind, how you propose to resurrect a dead person?

Its a tribute to an NRL identity you bloated baboon.
The short answer is you don't attempt to resurrect them at all. What you do is you tastefully recognise their passing, then move the f**k on like they should have 30 years ago.

What you don't do is get a glorified impersonator to come and do covers, that's just lazy and an insult to everyone involved.