What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KISS for the GF??? (2023 GF entertainment discussion)

soc123_au

Staff member
Nathan and his tik toc girls would have been giving the fans what they want, but seems he will be busy that day The Tina thing is pretty great. Nice one NRL.

Iamback

Coach
It is a good mix. Songs people know, League fans love simply the best but being different to get new potential audiences

gUt

Coach
That's a great idea, nice. Something a bit different, plus I assume Jimmy B will show up and contribute.

EDIT: Also King Stingray are pretty good

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
AFL Red showing his lack of league knowledge. People grew up watching TT in those ads and this will be a fitting tribute. What is this plank's suggestion? Bringing back an 80+ Tina from the dead?

Stick to afl you slobbering fool.
Such a sad sack of shit - We all know that TT is so nostalgic for most Rugby League fans in this country and that she's the soul of our GF entertainment. Him hating that we're going to honour her in the year of her death shows that he doesn't know Rugby League.

Like he actually cares. He will be anywhere but the NRL GF - Miami, London, the Moon, or even a stakeout outside PVLs house.

I've actually been to see the musical (with my parents who are both big NRL (Dolphins) fans - Dad's first musical, Mum an epic Tina Turner fan). They're stoked with this decision.

I'm a bit young to appreciate TT at her peak, but the musical was great and it veered into a mini-concert at the end. If they bring that energy to a stadium show, this is one of the best decisions the NRL has made for a pre-game show in recent times.

Who cares about has beens like Kiss? The NRL needs to move with the times and introduce a diversity of music that is relevant to its new and emerging audience.

Also wtf is with the reference to pub cover bands? Literally zero relevance to this topic.