What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kite back to Canberra-Strongly rumored on 10 News!!!!!

Poida_Raider

Bench
i think hes talking about his own young props. ashton sims, and actually hes the youngest probably. same age as michael i think. he is good, he is huge!!

weyman will be great for us and for nsw one day hopefully! he is faster, more agile than sims.

they are both good. weymans obviously the besst though! :lol: :)

StGeorge

Juniors
lol. yeah no honestly i think weyman is a great young talent but still improving. sims is a giant and has heaps of potential. honestly tho i dont think yous shuld buy kite because itll hold guys like a michael weyman out of first grade, and also its not forwards u necessarily need to spend big on its a good full time halfback. mclindin needs to move into five eight and u guys need to look at securing a halfback that makes good decisions and can control play well, which is where mclindin is struggling. a hb like firman or orford wouyld be a great signing, or maybe yous have a good junior coming up who knos. a good halfback would utilise mclindins speed and take a lot of pressure of mclindin which would mean him playin to a higher quality

Yeah we do need a halfback... but I've got two words:

Todd Carney.

Wait a couple of years, you'll know who I'm talking about. ;-)

Raider_69

Post Whore
yep, put that one in your note books
the name Todd Carney will be known to all footy fans in a few years ;-)

does anyone here have a holiday house in bbay... most canberrans do. the best thing to come out of the bay is ben cross and the road to moruya :lol: :lol:

azza

Juniors
There is a post in the Dragons forum which suggests Kite might be staying at the Dragons as they have matched the Raiders offer... the accuracy of this I do not know.

greeneyed

First Grade
According to today's CT, Kite offered 4 year deal. Manly offered more money, but Raiders are banking on the special 4 year deal to swing him towards us. Kite has confirmed he will leave St George and will choose either Canberra or Manly with a decision as early as today. Both Kite and his wife have their families here.

Don Furner talked to Kite on Friday night on the phone and got "good vibes", but "you never know".

Jason Smith offered an option for a one year extension on his proposed one year contract.

Poida_Raider

Bench
this is still good news i reckon, kite is a young forward on the rise, and with the forwards on the rise here, it should be good.

ball boy

Bench
well i saw big joel in tuggeronong today. he said he would be back in 4 weeks and he definatly does not want to leave its just his manager

greeneyed

First Grade
Joel hires the manager so he should be telling the manager what he wants. It sounds like they are simply trying to get the best possible financial deal out of the Raiders that they can. Worryingly, it said in today's Sydney papers that Manly want Wiki now... and the Raiders are back in the race for Orford!?

jed

First Grade
Raiders 2004 said:
Damn Fkn Player Managers, Isn't meant to be all up to the player in the end? :?

Yes, it is - at the end of the day, Joel will weigh up all the offers that he's received, and make his decision. His manager can't make him sign on anywhere that he doesn't want to.

greeneyed said:
Worryingly, it said in today's Sydney papers that Manly want Wiki now... and the Raiders are back in the race for Orford!?

I saw that too and was initially worried. But then I looked at the top of the page and realised that Rebecca Wlson was the author.
We might be safe ;-)