What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwi bragging rights thread

20knights10

Juniors
Congrats to the Kiwis. The most deserved winners.

When a game of this calibre shows the ineptitude of the refs to the extent it did in this game then some heads need to roll.... no other sport at this level could possibly accept such mediocrity in it's adjudicators surely?

With that said I believe that acceptable refereeing standards would have seen the Kiwis leading the entire game and so the better team won...

Banana

Juniors
Well done to the Kiwis for making the most of Australia's injuries. 5 of the world's best players unavailable for Australia while 2 of the series' best get injured halfway through the game. They will never get this same opportunity again so congrats on them for making the international game seem a bit more respectable for one final year before Australia begin their phase 2 of dominance.

And if I was a NZ fan I wouldn't be too proud knowing the 3 trophies they've won have been when Australia are at their weakest. You see what happens when the Kangaroos have their stars fit, its complete Kiwi floggings each and every time. And while NZ win the odd lucky game or two every now & then, Australia are still ranked #1 in the world which means they're still the world's best team. 1 or 2 wins over the last decade doesnt erase the thrashings Australia have been serving them for the last 50 years.
grapes-print.jpg

1 - Nightingale would not even make the Kiwi team if Taniela and Vatuvei were fit.
2 - seriously after K Hunt can Aus really criticise? o_O

Look - I think what was really good for international league was the fight Australia showed. It was a close game for 79 minutes. New Zealand, despite being four nations champs and world champs do need to look back over the shoulder because Australia is improving. They have some good players comming through like Carney and Shillington.

I mean whilst its true NZ are the multiple champions; if we are to continue beating Aussie we may actually need a halfback or fullback one day. We may actually have to start selecting full strength packs without Harrison and Mannering. Tonight should be a wake up call to stop underestimating Australia.

I think we should continue investing time into rugby league comeptitions involving Australia; and continue to send more players there; to help the game improve in Australia and thus improve their national team. If we can make their origin series stronger - it bodes well for the international game. We owe it to them, really. Here, have Ben Te'o.

:lol: Very good!

Izz

Bench
Well done to the Kiwis for making the most of Australia's injuries. 5 of the world's best players unavailable for Australia while 2 of the series' best get injured halfway through the game. They will never get this same opportunity again so congrats on them for making the international game seem a bit more respectable for one final year before Australia begin their phase 2 of dominance.

And if I was a NZ fan I wouldn't be too proud knowing the 3 trophies they've won have been when Australia are at their weakest. You see what happens when the Kangaroos have their stars fit, its complete Kiwi floggings each and every time. And while NZ win the odd lucky game or two every now & then, Australia are still ranked #1 in the world which means they're still the world's best team. 1 or 2 wins over the last decade doesnt erase the thrashings Australia have been serving them for the last 50 years.
LOL

We weren't near our strongest either. But hey, whatever makes it easier for you to take. Here's some tissues and the world's smallest violin.

millersnose

Post Whore
i read a lot about the kiwis being 'a threat to the australians'

i think the worm has now turned

the kiwis are now the dominant rugby league side

1stNov2000

Juniors

If I remember, but wasn't the Australian team leading into the WC final, proclaimed to be the greatest ever?

But I'll do give credit to the Roos at this tournament, they lost alot of awesome personnel and yet still had the class and depth to almost win it. True when they say that there is no such thing as a weak Aussie team.

Seti

Juniors
LOL @ this thread

Australia would have won by 60 if Hayne/Inglis/Boyd/Thuston/Carney played

...and the Kiwis would've won by 200 if Rapira/Foran/Vatuvei/Matai played. I agree - it's easy to make bullsh1t predictions.

ozenzud

Juniors
Fein spent more time in NZ when he was picked for NZ than cutie had spent in Oz when he was picked for Oz. You have residency rules in every sport. Look at English Raa Raa. France Raa Raa had that very French bloke Tony Marsh playing in the centres. Irene Van Dyk playing netball for NZ.

Lastly, Oz did not have its best possible team, but it had its best available team. They weren't there. What happened to the great depth of Oz RL? Their 3rd team could beat everyone else?

How often has NZ not had its best possible team? Specially with Oz clubs demanding players have 'essential' off season surgery. Manu, Pritchard, Rapira and Matai would all have been playing if fit, maybe Foran as well. Oz cant have that excuse.

That was better than Origin. Origin is not the be all of RL. Tests are.

Obviously the injury to Tate did not help the Aussies as it left the defense open but you cannot deny the Kiwis...they held in until the end and matched the Aussies for intensity.

Once again...the Kiwis did the business when it mattered.

Iafeta

Referee
We are the champions... AGAIN (yes I know different words).

What a sweet, sweet feeling. Man we're developing a great group of players. Bring in the likes of Manu Vatuvei and Sammy Rapira and Kieran Foran... The future is bright. Benji-mania begins.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Jeez, Congrats on the win and all, but we all know it came on the back of poor officiating. Hardly anything to brag about.

And lol at thaiday and civo coming from NZ

Mooloochief

Juniors
How about the missed foot in touch for your try! Goes both ways. Dwell on the fact Australia has nearly 500,000 registered league players, and NZ has 17,000. Imagine how you'd battle if we had the same players to draw on, or even 1/10 of the players you do. Actually we have about 1 player to your 29!!! Face it Aussie, man for man, Kiwi's are just better than you.