What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KIWI pride stunning...they are playing for pride not money

carlnz

Bench
22,000 last year I believe...wont be that large this year as the weather is going to be shit...

Still i think they will get a 15,000 + Crowd which is good...if we get 20,000 that would be excellent!

They will get 20,000 plus in all games in the UK

DIEHARD

----
Let's hope for all sell outs in the UK but I hear the weather is threatening as well.

If we don't get 20,000 in NZ it will be very dissapointing. Warriors form wont help us, at least a few years ago 15,000 people were very practised in attending Rugby League games.

playdaball

Bench
I heard that 12,000 had been sold this morning. The Mad Butcher was on the radio pleading for people top attend tomorrow's game . Capacity - 24 K.

carlnz

Bench
12,000 plus 3-4,000 walk up crowd...last year their was only around 10,000 with 20 mins to kick off.....it built up rather quickly

ozboy

Juniors
dimitri said:
this is a disgrace

no wonder people like carroll and hunt are turning their backs on nz

:evil:

You seriously have no idea, do you?

Why is it a digrace?

The money given to the players was negotiated by the players association in the recent CBA to give the elite players extra money outside the salary cap and reward them for the extra games and time away from their families during the off season (this comp goes for 7 weeks). It is also an extra revenue when it comes to players targeted by RU or English clubs into enticing them to stay. All proffesional codes in AUS pay their Australian reps with the likes of our cricketers and union players earning anything from $200 000 to $1 000 000 per year for representing australia. It is a part of proffesionalism and modern day society, should we be the odd one out when it comes to top AUS rep teams and be left lagging behind these other top national teams?

As for Hunt and Carroll, the money has nothing to do with it!!!!

Hunt has the right to play for AUS or NZ and should be able to make a decision either way without being criticized. Carroll, though it shouldnt be allowed for players to play for NZ and AUS, is eligible due to those silly rules used in that joke of a WC where it was allowed for players to represent different nations without eligibility being affected for the nation they were really alligned too. Remember Carroll played for NZ after he played for QLD and we could quite rightly claim that the Kiwis stole him off us.

carlnz

Bench
ozboy said:
dimitri said:
this is a disgrace

Remember Carroll played for NZ after he played for QLD and we could quite rightly claim that the Kiwis stole him off us.

Yeah we stole him off you after he was born in CHCH :roll: :roll: :roll:

Iafeta

Referee
ozboy said:
dimitri said:
this is a disgrace

You seriously have no idea, do you?

Why is it a digrace?

The money given to the players was negotiated by the players association in the recent CBA to give the elite players extra money outside the salary cap and reward them for the extra games and time away from their families during the off season (this comp goes for 7 weeks). It is also an extra revenue when it comes to players targeted by RU or English clubs into enticing them to stay. All proffesional codes in AUS pay their Australian reps with the likes of our cricketers and union players earning anything from $200 000 to $1 000 000 per year for representing australia. It is a part of proffesionalism and modern day society, should we be the odd one out when it comes to top AUS rep teams and be left lagging behind these other top national teams?

As for Hunt and Carroll, the money has nothing to do with it!!!!

Hunt has the right to play for AUS or NZ and should be able to make a decision either way without being criticized. Carroll, though it shouldnt be allowed for players to play for NZ and AUS, is eligible due to those silly rules used in that joke of a WC where it was allowed for players to represent different nations without eligibility being affected for the nation they were really alligned too. Remember Carroll played for NZ after he played for QLD and we could quite rightly claim that the Kiwis stole him off us.

How can you say that about Karmichael Hunt? Karmichael had been in Australia for 4 and a half years compared to twelve in New Zealand. Same as Brunt Wibb, who's not a Kiwi, this is just a modified sham, nothing else.

sunny

New Zealanders have no need to be paid I think. Just give 'em a leg of lamb each, a wool cardigan and some sheepskin boots :lol:

sunny

Hunt I can live with, but Iafeta, there is nothing 'modified' as far as Webb goes- his selection is an unmitigated sham and disgrace. He was born and raised and played his junior football in Cairns. I am no geography expert, but I believe Cairns is located in the Australian state of Quuensland and not in New Zealand!

ozbash

Referee
maybe thats the backwardness of nz.
the ultimate goal for just about every kid i grew up with was to represent your country. it was the highest honour that a kiwi could achieve.
i hope that its still the same today-i think it is.

proud ? you bet your arse we are :D

JK

Webb had a choice - Aus or NZ. As long as he has not played for the other side, a la Carroll, there should be no problem with him choosing NZ.

AuckMel

Bench
NZRL unprofessional? Hell yes! That's what makes us appreciate our teams finer moments so much more.

Pity the whingeing of the ARL head honcho and some bitter fans who were expecting an easy Kangaroo win are trying to spoil it.

Latest posts