What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwis ANZAC Squad?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Reckon you blokes are kidding yourselves if you reckon Kearney won't pick Mannering

As long as he's at centre I'd be 100% happy with that, he's been great there the last couple of games, and is exactly what we'd need marking up against someone like Inglis.

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
My Kiwis team
1 Krisnan Inu
2 Matt Duffie
3 Alex Glenn
4 Kenny-Dowall
5 Nightingale
6 Marshall
7 Foran
8 Rapira
9 Fien
10 Blair
11 Pritchard
12 Harrison
13 J.Smith

R Luke
R Nuuausala
R Lewis Brown
R Matulino

18th Mose Masoe

Other Contenders
Roy Asotasi, Sam Kasiano, Zeb Taia, Kalifa Faifai Loa, Kevin Proctor, Jesse Bromwich, Simon Mannering, Justin Horo, Fui Fui Moi Moi, Fetuli Talanoa, Eddy Pettybourne, Bodene Thompson, Sam Tagaetese, Sandor Earl, Jason Schirnack, Alan Schirnack, Lance Hohaia, Kevin Locke, Aaron Heremaia, Russell Packer, Bryson Goodwin, Dene Halatau, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Junior Sa'u, Evarn Tuimavave, James Tamou, Leeson Ah Mau, Steve Matai, Sam McKendry, Antonio Winterstein

Injured
Sam Perrett
Manu Vatuvai
Jerome Ropati
Greg Eastwood
Josh Hoffman
Sika Manu

Meth

Staff member
It's actually not an easy side to pick; particularly the forward pack.
Resisting the urge to fence sit.

1- Hohaia (although I wouldn't mind if they took the opportunity to try Hoffman)
2- Sau (was awesome on the wing in the four nations- wouldn't mind Duffie)
3- Mannering (free us some room for backrowers + he is playing better football there)
4- Kenny-Dowall
5- Nightingale
6- Marshall
7- Foran
8- Asotasi (his form is demanding a look in)
9- Fien
10- Rapira (assuming his form continues to trend up)
11- Brown
12- Harrison
13- Smith

Res- Luke, Pritchard, Moimoi, Blair

TurtleWarrior

Juniors
Hoffman
Nightingale
Mannering
Kenny-Dowall
Duffie
Marshall
Foran
Blair
Luke
Asotasi
Harrison
Nuuasala
Smith

Moi Moi
Pritchard
McKendry
Brown/Horo

Luke's declared himself an 80minute player so we can do a Round 6 Warriors on them and go for an all forwards bench. Browns there cos he can cover hooker/back row/centre if needed.

Winning!

royce10

Juniors
So no one want Matai in their team. Sure, he treads the line but he's the only one who shows some grunt for us anymore. His dummy half running is hugely underrated. I agree with Inu for fullback. We need someone who will catch the damn ball! Inu can be a little over confident and casual at times but its better than no confidence (Hohaia).

Meth

Staff member
So no one want Matai in their team. Sure, he treads the line but he's the only one who shows some grunt for us anymore. His dummy half running is hugely underrated. I agree with Inu for fullback. We need someone who will catch the damn ball! Inu can be a little over confident and casual at times but its better than no confidence (Hohaia).

I am a Matai fan, but Mannering is playing superb football in the centres at the moment and he will/must be in the team. I haven't seen Matai play much this year, but he is a flight risk.

I definitely see Inu as being a greater risk than Hohaia at fullback.

shiznit

Coach
+ Hoffman will not have enough time to recovery from his injury and then get some match fitness before the Test
lol... come on rev... where talking about the Kiwis!!

we pick blokes from reserve grade(Talau & Filipaina)... to blokes with 1 first grade game under there belt(Inu).

If he can put the Jersey on he will get a run... :lol:

thats how we roll...

Edit- I just put up a thread in the bronco's forum to see how far away he is.

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
Has anyone considered Nightangale at fullback?? i think that may be his natural position.

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
lol... come on rev... where talking about the Kiwis!!

we pick blokes from reserve grade(Talau & Filipaina)... to blokes with 1 first grade game under there belt(Inu).

If he can put the Jersey on he will get a run... :lol:

thats how we roll...

Edit- I just put up a thread in the bronco's forum to see how far away he is.

Yeah Nah - For a guy to make his debut, coming of an injury, playing his first full season in the NRL, who by no means is a guaranteed selection - can't see it

royce10

Juniors
I am a Matai fan, but Mannering is playing superb football in the centres at the moment and he will/must be in the team. I haven't seen Matai play much this year, but he is a flight risk.

I definitely see Inu as being a greater risk than Hohaia at fullback.

So far, in a game (Manly) in which we can preview the goods of the players being discussed I've seen Inu catch a couple bombs and Hohaia drop one with his only opportunity.

Matai has completely owned Mannering in both defence and attack.

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I am not saying that I would pick him, or even that he should be picked, but if we were picking on form at this point, Galuvao is comfortably in our top 2-3 second rowers

He is in outstanding form at the moment

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Cannot understand the Bronson Harrison love. Does nothing for me in rep games. Bigger and Gruntier please.

Latest posts