What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwis ANZAC Squad?

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
Cannot understand the Bronson Harrison love. Does nothing for me in rep games. Bigger and Gruntier please.

Bro Harrison was class in the World Cup Final
Kearney dropped him for the Eden Park test, yeah, we all know how that went.
Hello, Harrison back for the 4Nations final.
He's an 80minute (or close to) player which is uncommon for the Kiwis

AliN

Live Update Team
Not many backrowers have been better the Kev Proctor this year.

was just saying the same thing during the Panthers/Storm match.
Matai has put on a few pounds but certainly showed up Mannering.

Iafeta

Referee
Assuming Hoffman is out...

1 Lance Hohaia
2 Jason Nightingale
3 Junior Sau
4 Shaun Kenny-Dowall
5 Krisnan Inu
6 Kieran Foran
7 Benji Marshall
8 Adam Blair
9 Nathan Fien
10 Roy Asotasi
11 Frank Pritchard
12 Bronson Harrison
13 Jeremy Smith

Issac Luke
Kevin Proctor
Zeb Taia
Frank-Paul Nuuasuala

Tried to go on form. Mannering doesn't deserve to be there. McKendry hasn't hit his straps yet this year. Asotasi seems to be playing a bit better. Luke is a good player but a bit down on form so goes to the bench. Krisnan Inu is playing a hell of a lot better this year. No place for any of the Warriors forwards, the Aussies will destroy them. Proctor is coming good, deserves a shot. Frank Pritchard is in great form, no surprise leaving that dump of a coach out west.

ozbash

Referee
Assuming Hoffman is out...

1 Lance Hohaia
2 Jason Nightingale
3 Junior Sau
4 Shaun Kenny-Dowall
5 Krisnan Inu
6 Kieran Foran
7 Benji Marshall
8 Adam Blair
9 Nathan Fien
10 Roy Asotasi
11 Frank Pritchard
12 Bronson Harrison
13 Jeremy Smith

Issac Luke
Kevin Proctor
Zeb Taia
Frank-Paul Nuuasuala

Tried to go on form. Mannering doesn't deserve to be there. McKendry hasn't hit his straps yet this year. Asotasi seems to be playing a bit better. Luke is a good player but a bit down on form so goes to the bench. Krisnan Inu is playing a hell of a lot better this year. No place for any of the Warriors forwards, the Aussies will destroy them. Proctor is coming good, deserves a shot. Frank Pritchard is in great form, no surprise leaving that dump of a coach out west.

good team, I'd switch 6+7 and put Rapira in for Taia.

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
Who the hell would you pick ahead of him?

Harrison? Pritchard? Mannering? FPN?

He's outplayed every single one of them this year. More than that, he's massively outplayed them.

Meh.
Sometimes there is more to it than that, I can't see him stepping up yet.
I'd have before Mannering, he's a Myth

Johns Magic

Referee
I reckon he's been far and away the best Storm forward this year(excluding hooker of course, real forwards).

Johns Magic

Referee
1. Hoffman
2. Duffie
3. SKD
4. Matai
5. Nightingale
6. Foran
7. Benji
8. Packer(really lacking up front...)
9. Fien
10. Rapira
11. Blair
12. Proctor
13. Smith

14. McKendry
15. Moi Moi
16. Lewis Brown
17. Luke

Something like that I guess. Not really overopinionated on what the whole team should look like. I just reckon Proctor's gotta be ahead of a lot of the old brigade on form.

People will probably be upset I didn't include Mannering but he's a bit vanilla for mine...

Flip, with the teams you and us can put out, we've got to chuck England and France out, they're slowing us down, cos we can't play with NRL rules, tell them to bog off, and have a proper 3 match Test Series, with NRL rules, and only 6 interchanges.

Get Terry Alibert the French ref over to the NRL and Silverwood too if the NZers would rather not have Aussies refs, which I suppose for subconcsious reasons is fair enough.

Big Pete

Referee
I can't see Kearney making too many changes to the side that won him the Four Nations last year.

I expect to see Hoffman at fullback, Matai at centre, Vatuvei on the wing (if fit) and Foran at five eigth otherwise the pack will remain largely the same with Rapira to return.

So they would line up like so...

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Jason Nightingale
3. Steve Matai
4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Keiran Foran
7. Benji Marshall
8. Sam Rapira
9. Nathan Fien
10. Adam Blair
11. Simon Mannering
12. Bronson Harrison
13. Jeremy Smith

14. Issac Luke
15. Ben Matulino
16. Frank-Paul Nuuausala
17. Sika Manu (if fit)

I'm surprised to see you defending Proctor JM, didn't you bag him out something chronic last year? Not that I'm bagging you or anything, truly it's a testament of his improvement to see you change your opinion of him entirely.

Johns Magic

Referee
I'm surprised to see you defending Proctor JM, didn't you bag him out something chronic last year? Not that I'm bagging you or anything, truly it's a testament of his improvement to see you change your opinion of him entirely.

Haha, I used to not be able to stand him...not necessarily because of his playing ability, it was largely the haircut. Wasn't really fussed on him as a player either way.

This year though he is on fire, and is a major reason the Storm have so seamlessly continued to dominate.

Noa

First Grade

Its not really that hard to see is it Pete. Prior to this year Kev has been more style then substance this year though he has become a complete back-rower.

He'll be one of the first names put down.

And Rev, go get your eyes checked or your teles on the blink ;-).

1. Hohaia
2. Nightengale
3. Sau
4. Mannering
5. Kenny-Dowell
6. Marshall
7. Foran
8. Rapira
9. Luke
10. Blair
11. Harrison
12. Glenn
13. Smith

14. Fien
15. Pritchard
16. Nuuasala
17. Manu

18. Brown

Young blokes who could come along for the experience would be Corey Norman, Matt Duffie and Kevin Proctor

hitman82

Bench
I'd like to see SFA Warriors make the side. Might give them a wake up call. On form, only Inu should come close.