What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwis Test team - risen from the ashes

Murphdogg1

Juniors
Well Considering Inu and Benji both will be in doubt with injuries....

1 - Sam Perret (Krisnan Inu)
2 - Chase Stanley
3 - Iosia Soliola
4 - Steve Matai
5 - Manu Vatuvei
6 - Rangi Chase (Benji Marshall)
7 - Eddie Paea (lol i wish, hopefully anyone but Jeremy Smith)
8 - Nathan Cayless
9 - Issac Luke
10 - Roy Asotasi (c)
11 - Sonny Bill Williams
12 - David Kidwell
13 - Simon Mannering

Bench
14 - David Faiumu
15 - FuiFui Moimoi
16 - Sam Rapira
17 - Taniela Tuiaki/Frank Pritchard/Epalahame Lauaki

Unsure about Moimoi

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
thats a poor team...might be a good team in afew years, but not for this year...slim pickings sadly

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Matai is still injured isn't he?

It's tough coming up with a team when SL players are unavailable. Forward pack looks just about right, but not sure about the backs. Get Moimoi off the bench.

Others to come into consideration would be Lima, Blair, Fa'alogo (when he returns from suspension), and Eastwood. I'd have any of them ahead of Pritchard and Moimoi based on what I've seen so far.

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
1 Inu
2 SKD
3 Sa
4 Ropati
5 Stanley
6 Roberts
7 Paea
8 Rapira
9 Luke
10 Asotasi
12 J smith
13 SBW

tonnes of second rowers and props to pick from

Murphdogg1

Juniors
KeepingTheFaith said:
Matai is still injured isn't he?

It's tough coming up with a team when SL players are unavailable. Forward pack looks just about right, but not sure about the backs. Get Moimoi off the bench.

Others to come into consideration would be Lima, Blair, Fa'alogo (when he returns from suspension), and Eastwood. I'd have any of them ahead of Pritchard and Moimoi based on what I've seen so far.

Yeah good point

I was racking my brains for props and forgot about Blair

Swap Moimoi for Blair in my team - i like Blair hes got good footwork at the line and a good motor

One of the things that worries me is that we often seem to lack a bit of attacking flair in these games. Especially in the forwards during these ANZAC tests we tend to have a gameplan of 'throw it to Sonny'

Lauaki off the bench could provide a similar impact to Solomona i believe. Look at his impact on Monday night.

Im not expecting big things from this ANZAC test (especially if Inu and Marshall are out) just a good hit out before the World Cup under the new coach Kearney

Mitchsu Danger

Juniors
01. Krisnan Inu
02. Shaun Kenny Dowall
03. Chase Stanley
04. Iosia Soliola
05. Manu Vatuvei
06. Ben Roberts
07. Rangi Chase
08. Sam Rapira
09. Issac Luke
10. Roy Asotasi
11. Sonny Bill Williams
12. Jeremy Smith
13. Simon Mannering

14. Eddie Paea
15. Jeff Lima
16. Epalahame Lauaki
17. Greg Eastwood

Juniors
1 Inu
2 SKD
3 Sa
4 Ropati
5 Stanley
6 Roberts
7 Paea
8 Rapira
9 Luke
10 Asotasi
12 J smith
13 SBW

r Blair (can play pro & back row)
r Chase (can play 6,7 and 9)
r Cayless
r

Then there this mob:
Faiumu, Tuiaki, Soliola, Covell, Eastwood, Kidwell, Manu, Anderson, Vatuvei, Te Maari, Pritchard, Royal, Taia, Halatau, Teo, Harrison, Tagataese, mannerering, Tuimavave, Lauaki, Fai, Moi Moi, Hauraki, Lima, Blair.... to name a few

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
With the injury to Marshall I feel this is by far the best halves combination.

1. Perret (Inu?)
2. Stanley
3. Soliola
4. Matai
5. Vatuvei
6. Ropati
7. Chase
8. Cayless
9. Faiumu
10. Asotasi
11. Williams
12. Kidwell
13. Mannering

14. Rapira
15. Lima
16. Smith
17. Luke

MarkW

Juniors
1. Inu (Perret)
2. Kenny Dowall
3. Ropati
4. Matai
5. Vatuvei
6. Chase
7. Paea
8. N. Cayless
9. Fien
10. Asotasi
11. Williams
12. Kidwell (c)
13. Mannering

14. Rapira
15. Blair
16. J. Smith (Storm)
17. Stanley

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
MarkW said:
1. Inu (Perret)
2. Kenny Dowall
3. Ropati
4. Matai
5. Vatuvei
6. Chase
7. Paea
8. N. Cayless
9. Fien
10. Asotasi
11. Williams
12. Kidwell (c)
13. Mannering

14. Rapira
15. Blair
16. J. Smith (Storm)
17. Stanley

Is Fien available? If so I would defiantly have picked him at the exclusion of Faiumu

MarkW

Juniors
Who's Ya Daddy? said:
Is Fien available? If so I would defiantly have picked him at the exclusion of Faiumu

Well he's eligiblre through residency now, and I think he is still keen to wear the Kiwi jumper.
I wouldn't be surprised if the NZRL have invented a 'Fien clause' or some other bollocks though.

doogiehowser_md

Juniors
1. Perett (Inu)
2. Kenny-Dowall
3. Sa
4. Ropati
5. Stanley
6. Chase (Marshall)
7. Roberts
8. Cayless
9. Luke
10. Asotasi
11. Mannering
12. Kidwell
13. SBW

14. Fien
15. Lima
16. Blair
17. Pritchard

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
this is all getting abit premature...its f**kin round one ffs

you guys are picking your teams on reputations and last years form...whoever started this thread is a dik, another will just get started, that will actually have some merit too it

maybe a good thing would be to pick a team now and see how much it changes when time is due to actually pick a team...cause really the kiwi boys are so inconsistent, that really we dont have a best 13

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Rabbitohs hooker eyes Kiwis test debut

South Sydney hooker Issac Luke wants a New Zealand debut in May's Centenary rugby league test against Australia and has called upon injured Rabbitoh Craig Wing to help him get it.
Luke has emerged as a genuine bolter for the Kiwis in the May 9 clash at the Sydney Cricket Ground, an ideal option at hooker ahead of utility Dene Halatau.
It was a dream Luke had wanted to achieve last year, but was left out of the Kiwis tour to England.
"To tell you the truth, it was last year and it pretty much broke me in half not making it," said Luke.
"This is another year and hopefully it's a better year.
"To play any game for the Kiwis is probably the best feeling you could ever have."
But the 20-year-old knows he needs to keep improving his own game to earn a test debut and wants injured halfback Wing to become his personal trainer so he can learn directly from the player he's modelled his own game on.
Luke said he was devastated with Wing's three month layoff due to shoulder surgery and has asked the 28-year-old former test star to return to training immediately if only to continue guiding his own career.
"I asked Craig to come around to training after he's had surgery if he has the time and talk to me about what I've got to do," said Luke, who was to room share with Wing during the Rabbitohs away trips.
"It's pretty much hit me pretty bad having him off the field but I'll have him in training and he'll be able to help."
Eddie Paea has been named at halfback for Friday's National Rugby League (NRL) clash with the Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium, replacing Wing, with Ben Rogers called in for dumped five-eighth Jeremy Smith.
The new halves combination boasts just 36 NRL games between them, and although Luke has played only 15 games himself, he wants to be the one to spark the Rabbitohs attack.
But the Kiwi knows he can't do it all himself, a fact coach Jason Taylor reinforced this week after the loss to the Roosters.
"(Taylor) just told me to play my game and to always play as a team sport," said Luke.
"When I try to do it all myself it is not good for the team.
"It was my first game (starting) and I was really hyped up.
"I've just got to play with my peers and maybe we can come away with a win.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4445206a1823.html

Now that is good to see. Could be him and Fien as our hookers.

Juniors
Dirty Hoe said:
this is all getting abit premature...its f**kin round one ffs

you guys are picking your teams on reputations and last years form...whoever started this thread is a dik, another will just get started, that will actually have some merit too it

maybe a good thing would be to pick a team now and see how much it changes when time is due to actually pick a team...cause really the kiwi boys are so inconsistent, that really we dont have a best 13

bro calm down, its only fun.... haha

Robster

Bench
1) Inu
2) Webster
3) Ropati
4) Soliola
5) Kenny-dowall
6) Roberts
7) Paea
8) Wiki
9) Luke