What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwis Test team - risen from the ashes

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
taste2taste said:
Im a Roosters fan and let me tell you SKD is barley up to 1st grade standard and no way up to test match footy. While he looks good running off Sa his defense is appalling, he dead set lets in 1 or 2 trys a game with bad reads in defense, opposing teams always attack his wing with great success.

Im not sure whats happened to Soliola, he shredded Australia to bits in the last tri nations..he's a bit like Toopi, all the potential but not realising it.

Its good to see there are a few arguments over positions and who should play where, shows we finally have some depth, things will become even more complicated when the SL boys join up for the WC.

Fia and Filiga will not be in the team but they will be invited to train with the team and attend camp during the week. HUUUUUUUUUUGE things are expected from these young guns for the world cup.

just for fun here's what i rekon the WC team will be

1-webb
2-inu
3-sa or soliola - depending on who sa decided to play for
4-filiga - after a year of first grade will be ready to step up
5-vatui
6-benji
7-paae - over the season will emerge as our best 7
8-asotasi
9-fein - solid in defense for the early exchanges
10-j.cayless
11-sbw
12-fia - will be starting for the warriors by mid season
13-mannering

14-lautiti - i havnt given up on the big fella, was outstanding last season, Bennets a big fan and i beleive Ali hasnt pledge allegence to either samoa or NZ for the WC
15-raparti/ Stanley - utillity player, can cover all postions
16-luke - will carve tiring forwards to shreds
17-n.cayless - workhorse

filinga - well he wont have had a full year of first grade considering he is in u/20's.
fai - he wont be there. unless he puts his hand up for samoa (and he wont).

ozbash

Referee
packer, bristow,john, leeson ah mau, jones, con mika, ben matulino just to start off with.

my advice to you MMM, take of the blinkers and/or stop listening to the f**king Sky commentators...

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
ozbash said:
packer, bristow,john, leeson ah mau, jones, con mika, ben matulino just to start off with.

my advice to you MMM, take of the blinkers and/or stop listening to the f**king Sky commentators...

my advice you stop acting like your a guru - I know you have mad butcher as your avatar but stop thinking you are actually him or have the same respect as him.
I've seen the 20's play at the game, watched the vulcans played - talked people 'actually' involved either at a coaching level or know people actually playing. havent based my views on reading online.

Big fan of Ah Mau - high workrate but he would get crunched at NRL level right now. I think he will eventually play NRL.

Rusty - he is a natural and physically he is strong and everything wouldnt be near fit enough to play top level.Same goes for Matulino (though he will probably get an NRL contrct before years end).

John - has improved both physically and mentally but certainly aint better the warriors have got. Not sure whether he will kick on.

Packer and Con Mika - could be in line for call ups later in the season.

taste2taste

Juniors
mean_maori_mean said:
filinga - well he wont have had a full year of first grade considering he is in u/20's.
fai - he wont be there. unless he puts his hand up for samoa (and he wont).

I can absolutely guarantee you that both Fia and Filiga will be in the run on side in the WC, which buy the way, we'll beat Australia in the final 24-12

Kiwi selectors have a history of picking players with little experience.

Inu, Williams, Roberts are just some players who had only a hand full of 1st grade games under their belt

I wouldnt be at all surprised to see Fia picked for the anzac test, i hope he isnt but he might be

taste2taste

Juniors
roughyedspud said:
you believe wrong....he pledged allengence to samoa ages ago

I thought he agreed to help them qualify but didnt commit as far ahead as the world cup?

Ali has really developed in the last year, a very motivated player nowadays, plays with passion, is a great team leader, is much smarter with his offloads, hits the ball up harder than ever and still has that freakish agility for some one of his size.

Would be a fantastic offensive weapon coming off the bench for the world cup.

Magpie Nick

Juniors
mean_maori_mean said:
And personally I reckon Heremaia is probably better Rovelli.

Is that Aaron Heremaia?

I see a lot of people struggling to find Wingers while not mentioning Tuiaki at all. Is it a case of out of sight, out of mind because of his injury or not wanting to select him because he previously played for Tonga?

roughyedspud

Coach
taste2taste said:
I thought he agreed to help them qualify but didnt commit as far ahead as the world cup?

if robbie farah was'nt allowed to do the very same thing for lebanon then swap to australia what makes ali lauititi can???

ozbash

Referee
my advice you stop acting like your a guru
yesss grassshopper.

I know you have mad butcher as your avatar but stop thinking you are actually him
:lol: :lol:

ok, sorry maaaaate.

I've seen the 20's play at the game, watched the vulcans played - talked people 'actually' involved either at a coaching level or know people actually playing.
yea, as i said, take off the blinkers. look at the big picture.

Big fan of Ah Mau
Rusty - he is a natural and physically he is strong
John - has improved both physically and mentally
Packer and Con Mika - could be in line for call ups later in the season.

so, you agree with the guru ??

hmmmm? :cool:

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Was talking to a Penrith First Grader on Saturday and he was saying how shocked he was that Jennings hasn't been approached by NZ. He said that one of his parents is from NZ the other from Tonga.

Iosefa might do a Inu and get picked from nowhere if Luke is out injured. I know Iosefa is in the plans of NZ as he was selected to tour with the senior squad to England last year and was apparently close to getting a game.

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
Panther_Daz said:
Was talking to a Penrith First Grader on Saturday and he was saying how shocked he was that Jennings hasn't been approached by NZ. He said that one of his parents is from NZ the other from Tonga.

Iosefa might do a Inu and get picked from nowhere if Luke is out injured. I know Iosefa is in the plans of NZ as he was selected to tour with the senior squad to England last year and was apparently close to getting a game.

Jenny boy played for the jr aussies

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Panther_Daz said:

Is that penrith first grader sure about his eligibility??? Or is this an early april fools joke.

If he was keen he would be my first person picked. My have to give one of the selectors a buzz.

But to be honest - he is close to playing state of origin - but common Darrell Williams get a hold and at least talk to him.

As for Iosefa - looks good but didnt he get dropped to the bench last week in u/20's. Regardless it certainly aint out of the realms of possibilty.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
mean_maori_mean said:
As for Iosefa - looks good but didnt he get dropped to the bench last week in u/20's. Regardless it certainly aint out of the realms of possibilty.

He was dropped to the bench for two reasons. One being they want to see how much impact he makes off the bench with the purpose of taking Aiton's place sometime soon.

The team itself needed something off the bench after 20 mins. McKendry and Iosefa sure added something on Sunday, both were terrific.

Latest posts