What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwis Train on squad

Fast Eddie

First Grade
What was there to forgive him for? Countless players have turned down end of season tours for personal reasons.

So I assume that Whare and Taylor will be 18th and 19th man respectively... so

1. Hoffman
2. Perret
3. Inu
4. Mannering
5. Beale
6. Benji
7. Foran
8. Matulino
9. Luke
10. Kasiano
11. Pritchard
12. Eastwood
13. Smith

14. Johnson
15. Proctor
16. McKendy
17. Bromwich

18. Whare
19. Taylor

Last edited:

hitro

Juniors
Hard to see what Elijah has done this season to get in the team. Sure he tries hard but he's not physically dominant.
The rest of the team looks good.

Meth

Staff member
I don't want Beale playing for the Kiwis. I'd much prefer Manu.

Taylor in the squad is a joke.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Taylor is one of those guys who looks good in a beaten side. Always tries, will tackle till he falls (or try to) and will be the rare ones who can hold their head up in a hiding. But he's been very, very, very average this year.

He shouldn't play anyway. Surprised to see Manu not there. He was outstanding in the Anzac Test - maybe he's got niggles as well.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
People should be pretty happy with that squad imo.
They made the big call and dropped Manu and Blair - nobody really predicted that did they? lol

I think people are getting worked up a bit too much re: taylor. He is being considered as a 14 - utility. We dont have any quality hookers - outside of tommy and isaac luke.
I like taylor at 14 - he give luke a LITTLE BREAK if required and can be a stop gap for any other requirements.

Also Kasiano doesnt play big minutes - so it wouldnt hurt having a four forward bench.

Thomas wont be fully fit yet. Let him get a full off-season and overcome the jetlag, moving etc.

1. Hoffman
2. Perret
3. Inu
4. Mannering
5. Whare
6. Benji
7. Foran
8. Kasiano
9. Luke
10. McKendry
11. Pritchard
12. Smith
13. Eastwood

14. Taylor
15. Bromwhich
16. Matulino
17. Proctor

Warmess

Juniors
Taylor ahead of Taumalolo and Beale ahead of Nightingale/Vatuvei are hilariously bad/odd decisions.

No Blair is a good call. Seems like a reasonably strong line up overall. Would have liked to have seen Matai in there, is he getting surgery or something?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Taylor ahead of Taumalolo and Beale ahead of Nightingale/Vatuvei are hilariously bad/odd decisions.

No Blair is a good call. Seems like a reasonably strong line up overall. Would have liked to have seen Matai in there, is he getting surgery or something?

Kearney doesn't like Matai it seems, was left out of the train on squad without being declared injured
The reason they gave last season was that he wasn't big enough so maybe that is the twisted logic again. Is always a better idea having a 2nd rower there instead ...

Drzoidberg

Juniors
Haha the Inu haters will be loving his selection.

Well deserved Krisnan!

I think we've made a humongous error not pickn Taumololo.......stupid!

Meth

Staff member
If Matai is not injured, we are beyond stupid. I really hope that he is (you know what I mean)

blain

Juniors
Heard Kemp in an interview say Matai is out with surgery. Taumololo is playing Junior Kiwis, I dont know why... Should have Taylors spot.

D

Deleted member 10972

1. Hoffman
2. Perrett (replacement winger, Nightingale is injured)
3. Inu (replacement centre, Kenny-Dowall is injured)
6. Marshall
7. Foran
9. Luke
10. Kasiano
11. Pritchard
12. Mannering
13. Smith

14. Taylor (replacement utility, Glenn is injured)
15. Eastwood
16. Matulino

18. Johnson

Selections that I don't understand:

Outside backs: Whare over Matai, Beale over Vatuvei
Props: Bromwich over Blair, McKendry over Hargreaves
Backrowers: Proctor over Manu

Seems like a push for youth over experience. Matai has 11 caps, Vatuvei has 20 caps, Blair has 24 caps, Hargreaves has 11 caps and Manu has 14 caps. Even someone like Nuuausala who has 9 caps - all these guys have a tonne of experience. McKendry, Whare, Beale and Proctor haven't even been that impressive, in my opinion, and I think that a more dynamic selection like Taumalolo might have been warranted over those selected.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Kearney doesn't like Matai it seems, was left out of the train on squad without being declared injured
The reason they gave last season was that he wasn't big enough so maybe that is the twisted logic again. Is always a better idea having a 2nd rower there instead ...

Not sure why it didn't say so in the press release but he is out with injury (once again). Stevie Matai hasn't had a good game for the Kiwis since about 2006 anyway. Hopefully he is available for the WC though.

Latest posts