What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KIWIS training squad

TheDMC

Bench
Terrible decision to leave out Benji - this is not a f**ken development tour, this is top tier international football and you take your best players. Benji deserves a place based on form + experience. If Johnson was there then I could understand. This is abysmal. I don't want Kearney anywhere near the warriors.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
If Benji isn't injured (which everyone is saying he isn't) Kearney needs to come out and explain exactly why he isn't there - because he's the best No.7 available by a country mile.

If he doesn't, we'll just presume it's petty personal BS he's been holding onto for years, and lying about. And he's clearly not interesting in picking the best side for whatever reason.

Lolo/Nikorima are so far away from being international halves it's not funny.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
More annoying than the Benji decision (which is BS) is that, should we lose the series later on this year, there's slim to no chance that there'll be any repercussions for the coach.

It's clear as day that Kearney does not like Benji. I guess we have to swallow it and let the coach do his thing. I mean it's not like we won the #1 title built on our halves. It was our front that got us where we were despite the Magic Johnson show for the 4 nations

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
It's clear as day that Kearney does not like Benji. I guess we have to swallow it and let the coach do his thing. I mean it's not like we won the #1 title built on our halves. It was our front that got us where we were despite the Magic Johnson show for the 4 nations

I guess we do yeah but it's petty, it's embarrassing and Ray Charles can see it's one made with an agenda given Benji is by miles the best option

And I disagree that our halves didn't get us to #1. Our forwards were beast mode but Shaun wasn't the Golden Boot for his good looks and muscles. And Benji was front and centre when we won the World Cup.

You might beat GB with Tui Lolohea or Kodi Nikorima at 7, or you might not. I wouldn't want to be taking the risk but maybe Kearney knows he has job security.

Alls I know is I wouldn't want a coach who carries on like that taking over my club (I know the rumour washed away, but for future's reference)

ozbash

Referee
Everyone was shit for the Blues..

Benji has had a bloody good year, should be there.

Rich102

Staff member
Kiwi selectors:

Brent Gemmell

Richie Barnett

Tony Iro

Stephen Kearney

David Kidwell

Tawera Nikau

Rich102

Staff member
No.
Just looks a bit same-old same-old to me.
Still, if they keep winning I won't have any complaints.
Better than the old days when each district used to have a representative in the Kiwis.

Matua

Bench
Not selecting Benji is petulant and childish from Kearney. Furthermore it shows to disrespect to the Kiwi jumper.

I'm actually a lot angrier about this than I really should be but it really just is stupidity.

Schuster86

Juniors
Anyone else keen to have a crack at the 23 man touring squad (getting bored now the Warriors aren't playing)
I base some of my cotensious picks from Kearneys comments about developing more depth in the halves, ie: Cherrington, Nikorima, Lolohea plus there isn't really many other options.

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Jason Nightingale
3. Dene Whare
4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Kieran Foran
7. Tuimoala Lolohea
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Isaac Luke
10. Ben Matulino
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Simon Mannering
13. Jason Taumalolo

14. Kodi Nikorima
15. Tohu Harris
16. Sam Moa
17. Martin Taupau

18. Adam Blair
19. Siosioa Taukaiaho
20. Bodene Thompson
21. Manaia Cherrington
22. Tim Simona
23. Peta Hiku

lafai

Bench
Anyone else keen to have a crack at the 23 man touring squad (getting bored now the Warriors aren't playing)
I base some of my cotensious picks from Kearneys comments about developing more depth in the halves, ie: Cherrington, Nikorima, Lolohea plus there isn't really many other options.

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Jason Nightingale
3. Dene Whare
4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Kieran Foran
7. Tuimoala Lolohea
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Isaac Luke
10. Ben Matulino
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Simon Mannering
13. Jason Taumalolo

14. Kodi Nikorima
15. Tohu Harris
16. Sam Moa
17. Martin Taupau

18. Adam Blair
19. Siosioa Taukaiaho
20. Bodene Thompson
21. Manaia Cherrington
22. Tim Simona
23. Peta Hiku

Solid team but isn't Manu injured? No Rona? Brown?

JJ

Immortal
Sorry, but while overall the squad looks good, the #7 makes it blatantly obvious how poor the decision is to not consider Marshall...

Tui is a good talent, but he is not a #7 at the moment, he looked much better at fullback, or centre - he should be the impact off the bench

Skinner

Coach
Not selecting Benji is petulant and childish from Kearney. Furthermore it shows to disrespect to the Kiwi jumper.

I'm actually a lot angrier about this than I really should be but it really just is stupidity.

Yes - it's just such a juvenile decision.