What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KIWIS training squad

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Not selecting Benji is petulant and childish from Kearney. Furthermore it shows to disrespect to the Kiwi jumper.

I'm actually a lot angrier about this than I really should be but it really just is stupidity.

If you're passionate about the Kiwis you have every right to be angry. They're overlooking clearly the form 7 - and I include SJ in that in a broad 2015 season sense - for a guy who played what, 3 games there? And looked very, very average apart from a couple of acts of individual magic.

I said it in an earlier post but it confirms Kearney is not an NRL coach's a-hole. Silly little agendas and appears to be a flagrant liar, having said Benji would always be considered and there's no personal clash.

Kiwi selectors:

Brent Gemmell

Richie Barnett

Tony Iro

Stephen Kearney

David Kidwell

Tawera Nikau

Why is everyone just blaming Kearney? It's not up to him solely right? This whole group really knows something we don't or they clearly are looking ahead for the future. What are we to know? I'm starting to think Benji must of done something really bad that will stay under wraps. Any inside word / gossip would be nice

JJ

Immortal
Would be really interesting if Wairea-Hargreaves was fit, would we be getting the same story with him?

ozbash

Referee
Don't think Benji would have won the selectors hearts with his statement regarding prescription drug use last night on 360..

ozbash

Referee
What did he say? I cancelled my Sky Subscription

Speaking on NRL on Fox on Tuesday night, Marshall said prescription drug use is still an issue in the game today, although it?s not as prevalent as it was a few years ago.
?Throughout my years playing I?ve seen it in club teams and I?ve seen it in rep teams, people taking prescription drugs recreationally,? the former Test international said.
?It?s fine to take them to ease pain or if you?ve had operations, but actually recreationally and sometimes instead of drinking - or with drinking - it?s when you cross the line.
?We had a crackdown a couple of years ago and from that point I saw a massive improvement from where we were as a game.

?I can assure you that from what it used to be to what it is now, it?s nowhere near.?
Marshall and host Ben Ikin both said the Dylan Walker and Aaron Gray scare should act as a wake-up call for the game as a whole.

?We?ve always had to learn the hard way with everything,? Marshall continued.
?It happened with the lifting tackle, this occasion prescription drugs and it?s just gotta stop.
?It?s gone too far.?

www.sportal

Anyone else keen to have a crack at the 23 man touring squad (getting bored now the Warriors aren't playing)
I base some of my cotensious picks from Kearneys comments about developing more depth in the halves, ie: Cherrington, Nikorima, Lolohea plus there isn't really many other options.

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Jason Nightingale
3. Dene Whare
4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Kieran Foran
7. Tuimoala Lolohea
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Isaac Luke
10. Ben Matulino
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Simon Mannering
13. Jason Taumalolo

14. Kodi Nikorima
15. Tohu Harris
16. Sam Moa
17. Martin Taupau

18. Adam Blair
19. Siosioa Taukaiaho
20. Bodene Thompson
21. Manaia Cherrington
22. Tim Simona
23. Peta Hiku

Hiku won't miss out on the 17 and neither will Leuluai.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Don't think Benji would have won the selectors hearts with his statement regarding prescription drug use last night on 360..

Because of the 2012 (or whatever year) with the stillnox rumours in Kiwis camp? I saw 360 and I thought it was a very reasoned, fair discussion. But yeah Kearney might take that as another slap...actually now that I think of it, what is the beef in the first place? I genuinely don't know.

There are other selectors but if international league is like every other sport, there's no way the coach doesn't get the team he wants.

Gallen said on fox sports that hes keen to box Bodene and that Bodene is going to pull out of the Kiwis if hes named in the final cut

Schuster86

Juniors
Does anyone know if Foran is still on tha cards???
Just read a article on fox sports on Trent Barrett talking bout the eagles and it said that Foran was coming to the Warriors next year, I'm guessing it was a typo but just thought I'd see if anyone here had heard anything???

Latest posts