What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Klemmer

Rabbits20

Immortal
I agree re Talaki. He needs time....in the second row. Talaki could be so dangerous running lines off the bench against tired forwards. He's a good defender contact wise, it's just his speed and ability to slide which needs work.
But if they persist with him at centre for me it's:

No, no, no, no, no

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Earlier in the season though when Jennings was fit, you can't excuse those performances. You either have it or you don't.

I see more potential in Burns than Jennings tbh.

Burns just isn't tough enough/ready for first grade yet.

I'm happy if the club turns Talakai into a back rower who runs hard with impact and the leg drive he has and tackles well. I'd like to see him off the bench in the back row in the trials next season.

I understand where you're coming from it's extremely frustrating especially because of the hype that was surrounding them as players. I'm almost certain that coming into this season Robert has been struggling with his knee issues.

I don't think we should be releasing them yet though purely for the reason that they're young and they've all been absolute freaks growing up. I think adjusting to first grade is tough for some kids and easier for others. Crichton and fuimaono for example were made for first grade.

I just think AR's body is really struggling!!!! It is affecting his form and confidence.

It is frustrating but I am not giving up on him.

I just want to see Cody show commitment and the right attitude which has been missing these last 2-3 weeks.

Others in my bay were standing up in protest at the game the other week against Parra. The chant was we want Cookie with raised arms in the air and then the Cook chant started!!!!!!!!!!

In my bay they said Madge has to be strongly questioned regarding his tactics there!!!!!!!!

Yeah I think a lot of people were questioning madge's tactics. Most of the Souths supporters on Facebook were giving some pretty angry rants about Farah being on for that long!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Oi Souths til I die yet to most Farah is a saint on here.

Others need to realise we are entitled to our views and that if they actually look on other media outlets a lot share the same opinion we do.

Yep we should hold Burns and Jennings for next season and then we can re-assess after 2018.

truthslayer

Juniors
Firstly on Cook he is a gun imo. A good player.

He should be starting over Robbie.

Souths better be careful otherwise he will go to another club!!!!

On Talakai we can't be patient with him as a centre. He just isn't a centre. Give him as much time as you want there but it won't work out. Talakai would be better suited to the back row off the bench.

Burns does have potential but he's still a couple of years away from being a regular first grader imo. Currently he's not up to it.

Jennings is disappointing imo. He has poor concentration levels and I question his commitment,

truthslayer

Juniors
Firstly on Cook he is a gun imo. A good player.

He should be starting over Robbie.

Souths better be careful otherwise he will go to another club!!!!

On Talakai we can't be patient with him as a centre. He just isn't a centre. Give him as much time as you want there but it won't work out. Talakai would be better suited to the back row off the bench.

Burns does have potential but he's still a couple of years away from being a regular first grader imo. Currently he's not up to it.

Jennings is disappointing imo. He has poor concentration levels and I question his commitment,

Guns can tackle , this is a poor factor of Cook's game his defense.

handyman2190

Bench
Doesn't change my view in that Talakai can succeed off the bench as a back rower but isn't a centre.

No excuses re Jennings. A big disappointment.

Come on rabbits...give jennings a go!! He was never bought to be thrust into a loosing team raw. He has never played first grade before us he needs development as does burns they are raw 20year olds and we have thrown them in the deep end because of our lack of depth were players like DHs nielsen and murphy should of stepped up but are useless and hopefully will be discarded next year

callmack1

Staff member
Come on rabbits...give jennings a go!! He was never bought to be thrust into a loosing team raw. He has never played first grade before us he needs development as does burns they are raw 20year olds and we have thrown them in the deep end because of our lack of depth were players like DHs nielsen and murphy should of stepped up but are useless and hopefully will be discarded next year
While I agree they need to be developed, you can't really drop anyone in the current backline.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Fair enough.

Travitoh

First Grade
Throwing them to the wolves could damage their development. Jennings isn't far away but i feel Burns is another season away yet

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
they are both miles away from being a real 1st grade player crichton and fui didnt need much game time did they??you either have it or you aint ......Shadow...

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Crichton will play for Australia i said that a while ago .....Shadow....

I actually think fui has even more potential than Crichton. His leg drive against players a lot bigger than him is absolutely insane. I think those two are serious guns and will definitely play rep footy in the future. I don't believe size makes a difference tbh.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I just see fui's raw power in his first few games and it has astonished me. I think fui has definitely started stronger than Crichton did! But let's be honest as long as they're both our future second rowers no one can really complain. Cam Murray is also being praised in the lower grades!

Rabbits20

Immortal
they are both miles away from being a real 1st grade player crichton and fui didnt need much game time did they??you either have it or you aint ......Shadow...
Great post.

Look at Dylan Edwards and Kalyn Ponga. They are young and they have it. FACT........................

You can just tell who the very very good ones are compared to the also rans..................

Last edited: