What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Klemmer

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
That's not a look of panic it's a look of bewilderment wondering why no one is in support?

The day our team runs off a dummy half scoot lol... cook is always taking on the line but to do it effectively you usually need people running off of you. Cronulla do it very well...

Rabbits20

Immortal
The day our team runs off a dummy half scoot lol... cook is always taking on the line but to do it effectively you usually need people running off of you. Cronulla do it very well...
But but but but it's all Cook's fault they say............

Too much hatred and bias against Cook on here.

All Souths members I know in general really like Cook. They all pretty much think he needs to be put on earlier and not when the games over.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Cook has been put in games earlier. He had a starting role for over a month and he wasn't effective.
No one is saying it's cooks fault. But having a player you can get some use out of would surely be benificial for the team. At the moment we are using cook in the last 10 minutes as a lock who is a weak defender who refuses to take hit ups.

Exsilium

First Grade
Cook had quite literally seven (7!!!) good games for the bulldogs and you signed him on the back of that.

Simply put. He's not an eighty minute hooker. He's a utility and/or bench player at best.

Cook could be great but under a different coach and in a better side.

Love SS and its fans but lets just be a little realistic.

Travitoh

First Grade
Cook has been put in games earlier. He had a starting role for over a month and he wasn't effective.
No one is saying it's cooks fault. But having a player you can get some use out of would surely be benificial for the team. At the moment we are using cook in the last 10 minutes as a lock who is a weak defender who refuses to take hit ups.

This

OVP

Coach

So does that mean you would be willing to fork out the 900k per year Farah is on, next year ? Even if Farah takes a pay cut of 300k, that's still double what the slow, over-rated clod is really worth. I bet Cook is only on 200k. For sheer value-for-money, I'd personally take Cook over Farah any day. Plus, he's got quite a few more years in him than Farah, who has 2 max. Farah should go to England if he wants the 900k, and I bet he will.

DiegoNT

First Grade
So does that mean you would be willing to fork out the 900k per year Farah is on, next year ? Even if Farah takes a pay cut of 300k, that's still double what the slow, over-rated clod is really worth. I bet Cook is only on 200k. For sheer value-for-money, I'd personally take Cook over Farah any day. Plus, he's got quite a few more years in him than Farah, who has 2 max. Farah should go to England if he wants the 900k, and I bet he will.
We should be out looking for a 1st grade standard hooker. Since 2013 we've used 6 hookers, Luke, Peats, Korisau, Mcinnes, Farah and Cook. Sonehow we've managed to let the best 4 go and end up with the bottom 2. Farah is currently out playing cook. We've f**ked up the situation badly.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Cook had quite literally seven (7!!!) good games for the bulldogs and you signed him on the back of that.

Simply put. He's not an eighty minute hooker. He's a utility and/or bench player at best.

Cook could be great but under a different coach and in a better side.

Love SS and its fans but lets just be a little realistic.
He had closer to 3 good games for the bulldogs.

callmack1

Staff member
We should be out looking for a 1st grade standard hooker. Since 2013 we've used 6 hookers, Luke, Peats, Korisau, Mcinnes, Farah and Cook. Sonehow we've managed to let the best 4 go and end up with the bottom 2. Farah is currently out playing cook. We've f**ked up the situation badly.
Yea, it's a shame we couldn't keep Koroisau, I rate him highly.

OVP

Coach

Yeah and that's why you guys should have patience with Cook. Give him more time out there and he may end up like Peats or Korisau or McInnis is now. You've got to have patience with the young kids, it takes a fair while to get used to the rigors of first grade. I believe your club is excellent at spotting the talent, but no good at being patient with them long enough to keep them there. Then in 2 years, they blossom at another club.

Man I would cut off my left nut to get Peats at my club. His service is wonderfully fast. It reminds me of when Craig Wing played hooker, no one gave service that fast ever before or since, but Peats is pretty close now. I see a fair bit of Peats in Cook right now, his service speed is very good. He just needs to learn a bit more and in a year or two i reckon he'll be right up there. Anyhoo, I hope your club makes the right decision this time. Good luck man.

Last edited:

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Yeah and that's why you guys should have patience with Cook. Give him more time out there and he may end up like Peats or Korisau or McInnis is now. You've got to have patience with the young kids, it takes a fair while to get used to the rigors of first grade. I believe your club is excellent at spotting the talent, but no good at being patient with them long enough to keep them there. Then in 2 years, they blossom at another club.

Man I would cut off my left nut to get Peats at my club. His service is wonderfully fast. It reminds me of when Craig Wing played hooker, no one gave service that fast ever before or since, but Peats is pretty close now. I see a fair bit of Peats in Cook right now, his service speed is very good. He just needs to learn a bit more and in a year or two i reckon he'll be right up there. Anyhoo, I hope your club makes the right decision this time. Good luck man.

I think cook's service out of dummy half is much better than farah's I also think that he doesn't have much match fitness because he's been playing utility for most of the season! Our halves I think walker have complained about Farah not listening to them.