What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights in 2010, how will we handle thw Wicks scandal

transporter

Juniors
the big factor will be how the players handle the Wicks scandal, im predicting we come in bottom 4 this year, we have good enough players to do the job, but unfortunately I think their mind will be elsewhere. we'll see

Bicey_18

Bench
Top 4.

We were a top 4 side last year, hit the wall with the whole Smith saga.... I expect us to come out in 2010 and become a consistent, tough to beat footy side.

Top 4 finish in 2010

Jono078

Referee
I was definitely feeling the top 4 vibe last year.

Not feeling anything for this year though. I have my doubts over coaching staff more so than playing talent.

We'll see I guess. I'll probably end up happy because of low expectations.

Hopefully the senior players like simmo, house, de gois, kidley, taia, mullen, doogs can be mature enough and let their leadership shine to get the rest of the team through this. If we can knock off a few of the top teams in the opening 5 or 6 rounds then the whole wicks saga will be a nothing. If we lose our first 3 or 4 then season over and it will be impossible to build up enough momentum. Our heads will go down and they won't bother trying.

Hanscholo

Bench
I think we will do pretty well, I still i dont understand why we didnt progress the squad during the off season. We saw pretty clearly we dont have a halves combination worthy of the rest of the side and we seemingly are quite able to live with the close enough is good enough attitude in the side.

I think we ahve one of the best forward packs in the laegue, and we have some very sharp and dangerous backs. We will win more than we lose, get close to or make the finals again. I dont see us going backward, but i do see the 7 holding us back from really making a challenge for the comp.

macavity

Referee
Wicks was hardly the heart and soul of the team.

The stomach maybe.

It will all depend on who/how many (if any) others get dragged in. If we lose one of our better players it will bite hard.

If we dont lose any of our core, I dont think it will hurt us much.

I am tipping 6-9th.

Injuries, injuries, injuries as with every other team that will decide our fate.

I'd like to think the teams proffessional enough not to let this rattle them.

Peppers

Juniors
I'm thinking 7th or 8th. Much the same season as last year. With all the early home games a flyer is imperative. The 3/4 season slump that happens would be nice to avoid this time around.

Serc

First Grade
Well I don't have any vibes at the moment on where we will finish this year, but I have done alright in recent years...7th-9th in 2008 (9th) and 5th-7th in 2009 (7th). I will post my opinion in here if I have one at some point :p

roopy

Referee
Coaching is the key.
We have the players - a good coach will get us into the finals - an ordinary one won't.

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
At the start of 2001 no one backed us. We lost 5 quality players at the end of 2000 season and fell short that year.

I don't know where will we finish but i wont write us off before the season has kicked off.

Thats for the opposition and media to do.

Johns Magic

Referee
I have absolutely no expectations.

I don't expect to do well, I don't expect to do poorly, and I don't expect to be middle of the road.

I really don't know what to think.

bluesbreaker

Bench
I think we're in trouble. I think we have depth, but no real quality.

1) Kidley - slow, terrible positional play, no real strengths other than fitness and enthusiasm.
2) Vuna - meanders around, loads of potential.
3) Doogs - he's 47 this year, and arguably our most consistent back (excellent thought that)
4) Sau - Real good prospect
5) J Mac - Slow, plodder, should be a centre imo
6) Mullen - uninspiring, doesn't talk, inconsistent, lots of potential
7) Dureau - ordinary
8) Cross - Slowest, stupidest, un-fittest, most upright running forward in the game. No real skills, penalty machine, Looks good against retreating defense lines.
9) De-Gois - Can tackle and pass, doesn't kick or break the line.
10) Tolar - Plodder
11) Simpson - Ex-quality, injury prone, running on old legs
12) Patterson - Unlimited potential. No heart, sat a whole season out for depression for f**ks sake.
13) Taia - Our best player imo, Quality all over.

14) Faas - Still hasn't learnt to catch a ball, doesn't look like he'll ever get it either.
15) House - Penalty machine, lots of potential.
16) Taufua - plodder, potential.
17) Tuamaivasdjkfllka - potential.
18) Aku - has no f**king clue what is going on, i'm convinced at training they just tell him to run Forrest Gump style toward opposition.

Reserving judgement on the kids because I don't see them play much, but if that's what basically we've got, it'll take an almighty effort to make the 8. You're dreaming if you think we're a legitimate threat.