What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights Lower Grade Stuff

aqua_duck

Coach
For those that watch our juniors a bit closer than me, do we have any at all on the horizon?
I’ve always maintained that halves are the hardest position to predict future success based on junior accolades, I remember guys like Jacob Miller, Harry Siejka, Kane Elgey, Moses Mbye, Luke Brooks, Brock Lamb, Jack Cogger, Jake Clifford, Tanah Boyd and Brodie Croft were all supposed to be can’t miss prospects and all have underachieved.
For us the two guys who started the year in SG Ball are supposed to be decent, Jye Linnane is a talented 5/8th from Kurri who unfortunately did his knee early in the year but in his first year of SG ball last year was one of our better players in a team that just got beat in the final by the eels, some of the players that played in that game include Fletcher Sharpe, Blaize Talagi, Ethan Sanders, Matt Arthur and Charlie Guymer who’ve all played first grade this year. The halfback Haami Loza is a kid we brought over from NZ who looks like a decent ball running halfback, he’s apparently quite highly regarded by the club.

Old dog

Bench
What about Liam Sutton, currently 7 in Flegg but has played a lot of Cup this year but unfortunately havent seen him in action to assess

Pleb

Juniors
What about Liam Sutton, currently 7 in Flegg but has played a lot of Cup this year but unfortunately havent seen him in action to assess
I rate him big body and really solid defender. Has outshined Cogger every time they have played together although that isn’t difficult

Woody90

Juniors
Shame neither Sharpe or Votano are halfbacks. We’re going to end up losing some fantastic fullback talent just because their paths are blocked (don’t get me wrong, we’re lucky to be in that position).

I reckon both could be developed into great running 5/8s, but halfback is where we have less options.

Old dog

Bench
Our best 7-6 is Hastings and Gamble with Pryce looking ok but we are unlikely to be a top 4, semi finals threat with them and no other options appearing, or only lower grade players of any note appear to be every position but 7-6.

aqua_duck

Coach
Shame neither Sharpe or Votano are halfbacks. We’re going to end up losing some fantastic fullback talent just because their paths are blocked (don’t get me wrong, we’re lucky to be in that position).

I reckon both could be developed into great running 5/8s, but halfback is where we have less options.
I can see Votano having a Jack Wighton type career path. Wighton played a lot of fullback, played centres and eventually transitioned to a running 5/8th, Votano has a similar body type and attributes from what I’ve seen

T-Boon

Coach
One thing that disappoints about how all Jnr RL is really just about NRL development is that a great career like Hopwoods will essentially mean nothing if he goes on to have a disappointing NRL first grade career.
The dude has had an insane high school / Jnr career - if injuries screw him or some such - there will be almost zero recognition for that fact.

perverse

Referee
One thing that disappoints about how all Jnr RL is really just about NRL development is that a great career like Hopwoods will essentially mean nothing if he goes on to have a disappointing NRL first grade career.
The dude has had an insane high school / Jnr career - if injuries screw him or some such - there will be almost zero recognition for that fact.

But he'll have so many stories to tell his nieces and nephews.

giphy.gif