What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights possible Line-up for 07

antonius

Coach
League_God said:
ok fair enuf, thats a good side, i wont argue with that, but why carmont on the wing and not in the centres. and polgaise is a good player its just that he is coming from souths he definately has speed, but i must say i havent seen tighe play much, does he go good? i like the idea of reynoldson and sargent on the bench i believe they would make good impact players, and i think it is about time blokes like hinton and snowden get more of a chance in first-grade, from what ive seen from hinton he is a good reliable fullback.

Now you must agree with me that Thaiday is a great player attacking wise and all but he has made some stupid mistakes defensively this year for example last time we played the sea eagles Bell made a break which they scored off i mite mention, all he had to do is make the tackle instead he goes for a shoulder charge and that wasnt the only time hes done that, and he isnt realiable under the high ball he is known to let the ball bounce. But i spose he tends to make up for it attacking wise, and he has been playing with minor injuries this year, that mite be partly why. All i hope is we go good next year and the Brian Smith makes the right decisions
Carmonts first year here was on the wing, we will be short of wingers next year and Carmont had a great first year here playing on the wing, I also think Doogs is a very good centre, strong and aggressive, I like him in that position rather than wing. Thaiday was improving defensively and positionally every week until he was injured, he has gone backwards in those departments since coming back, but yes he is very effective in the attacking department. By the way welcome to the forum, hope you stick around and make plenty more contributions.

Yosh

Coach
roopy said:
Paterson and Ling will train with the seniors for the first time this off season. Paterson in particular has already stamped himself as one of our best in PL this season, and Ling has looked very competent in just a few starts.
I'd be very surprized if they don't get a run in the trials.

what positions do they play?

roopy

Referee
Both second row forwards - both played for NSW u19s this year - both will be 19 next year.

Alex28

Coach
I agree with SK82 (i know mate...a little bit of my soul died saying it too :p) - He agreed to give him a shot at centres - not first shot and no guarantee of keeping it. He has to learn to take disappointments as they come and keep playing well. Force his way into the squad. If he is really destined to be a superstar he should be able to get past a guy like George Carmont in all fairness.

No way will Smithy play Milton at fullback. He does not like dodgy high ball exponents. He always signs quality fullbacks ie. Schifcofske, McKinnon, Hodgson etc. You would be dropped the following week if you kept dropping bombs. He has sacked many a fullback in his day. I also think he willl start Davico with Wooly coming off the bench. Actually it will be fascinating to see how he puts our team together. One thing is for sure noone is safe bar the numbers 7 and 9 and 11. Kidley for fullback. I guess we all have egg on our faces over Kids. He is a class act. Finally he has a home to shine. Five eigth simply was not his go. Actually it is kind of ironic that the penny dropped with hages last week. Play Mullen at pivot son. He is class all the way that lad. When he is off contract we will be once again forking out the huge dollars to retain him. He will be the hottest property on the market.

the ref

Juniors
Wouldnt Thaiday be a better impact player off the bench as he would be explosive when other teams start to tire.
I would also find it very hard to see Walshy crack First grade next season unless he doubled his size in the off season and learnt how to tackle.
And in regards to Tighe, he is a great player but needs to get a chance over an extended period to show his worth

K-Man

Bench
the ref said:
Wouldnt Thaiday be a better impact player off the bench as he would be explosive when other teams start to tire.

He's explosive before the other team starts to tire too.
Being fast and skilful and dangerous with the ball and as a decoy does not necessarily make someone an impact player. It makes them an extremely good player, and one that you want on the field for 80 minutes.

Milton scored a try just a few minutes into our season against the Eels. He wouldn't have scored that from the bench, and he would be one of our top 5 key players if he hadn't been injured.

antonius

Coach
Newie is God's Country said:
No way will Smithy play Milton at fullback. He does not like dodgy high ball exponents. He always signs quality fullbacks ie. Schifcofske, McKinnon, Hodgson etc. You would be dropped the following week if you kept dropping bombs. He has sacked many a fullback in his day. I also think he willl start Davico with Wooly coming off the bench. Actually it will be fascinating to see how he puts our team together. One thing is for sure noone is safe bar the numbers 7 and 9 and 11. Kidley for fullback. I guess we all have egg on our faces over Kids. He is a class act. Finally he has a home to shine. Five eigth simply was not his go. Actually it is kind of ironic that the penny dropped with hages last week. Play Mullen at pivot son. He is class all the way that lad. When he is off contract we will be once again forking out the huge dollars to retain him. He will be the hottest property on the market.
Kidley is no star under the high ball either, discount the effort in that respect against Manly because he was never really pressured, he fielded all the kicks in open space. Kidley has had some shockers in the number 1, one not so long ago this season, and plenty before that. I think his role is either centre, Lock, or utility.

the ref

Juniors
If i remember correctly didnt kidley have a great game as a replacement centre in the city v country game a few years ago. He has to be in the team somewhere as his kick chase is second to none and his tackling is great also.
JUST NOT AS 5/8

keeney

First Grade
Kidley has the makings of a fantastic back, and yes, that city country game was evidence of that. As stated hundreds of times previously, he's a good player, just not a playmaker.

Burwood

Bench
the ref said:
If i remember correctly didnt kidley have a great game as a replacement centre in the city v country game a few years ago.
I HATE City v Country matches:crazy: If ever there was an example of a "team" sport being played for individual reasons, this is it. The centres hog the ball and don't get it out to their wing, forwards tuck the ball up under their arm and just look to make metres, while the halves run at the line on every second play. It's all about looking to impress the selectors putting yourself in the spotlight- not much thought goes towards how the team plays as a whole.

Spike

First Grade
1 Hinton
2 Thaiday
3 MacDougall
4 Carmont
5 Uate
6 Kidley
7 Johns
8 Perry
9 Buderus
10 Woolnough
11 Simpson
12 Newton
13 Brown

14 Davico
15 Snowden/Sargent
16 Patterson
17 Mullen

Reynoldson
Sargent/Snowden
Abraham
Tanner
blah blah blah

roopy

Referee
Spike said:
1 Hinton
2 Thaiday
3 MacDougall
4 Carmont
5 Uate
6 Kidley
7 Johns
8 Perry
9 Buderus
10 Woolnough
11 Simpson
12 Newton
13 Brown

14 Davico
15 Snowden/Sargent
16 Patterson
17 Mullen

Reynoldson
Sargent/Snowden
Abraham
Tanner
blah blah blah

Top lineup - all the standout young guys and all our good performers. I like it.

CJKnight

Juniors
1. Hinton (Is not only safe defensively, but an asset in attack)
2. Uate (speed to burn and very strong dummy-half runner)
3. MacDougall (his experience will be valuable for the all-new backline)
4. Tighe (already has proved himself as a tryscorer, strong too)
5. Thiaday (great pace off the mark, deceptive flick pass)
6. Kidley (strong running game and having a 5/8 that can tackle-invaluable)
7. Mullen (I think Johns will retire, no better man for the job)
8. Perry (really put in the solid work-rate)
9. Buderus (once he comesback from the suspension, he will cement his spot)
10. Woolnough (great as a starter, great work-rate for a previous benchie)
11. Simpson (premier backrower next to Hindmarsh next year)
12. Newton (pace and running game unique for the team)
13. Brown (with some defensive work will star with his youth)

14. Reynoldson (possibly one of our best defenders, tackles like a freak)
15. Davico (same a Macdougall, except for the forward pack)
16. Sargent (having him off the bench, forward pack will be doggies standard)
17. Snowden (with Tolarsconstant injuries. he deserves a run in the big time)

Tolar (injury-permitting)
Royal (still yet to make his mark)
Carmont (is playing for his position right now)
Tanner (simply too much talent in front of him)

A few young guys like Uate, Hinton, Mullen, Tighe, Brown, and Snowden will become stars by the '08 and '09 seasons IMO.

keeney

First Grade
Your team is horrible CJ, once again, I wonder if you even watch Knights games.

Whats Doing

Bench
Bring it home Knights said:
I can't believe a lot of you people. Has mullen not done enough this year to be infront of gildey for 5/8???

I agree. Mullen must be 5/8 next year. He has been a standout and will only get better.

Yosh

Coach
1. Thaiday (He has the potential to be the best fullback in our team, but only if his form allows him. If not then drop him for Hinton)
2. Carmont (Has improved dramatically, but i still cant see him being a prime centre, will do well on the wing)
3. MacDougall (Has been whinging to be back at Newie, hopefully it means he will be playing his heart out week in week out. Top notch centre if he plays)
4. Tighe (Under Smith i can really see him becoming one of our top players, future rep maybe...)
5. Hard to say can be anyone really (any of the new signings, or Uate, or Hinton)
6. Mullen (Without a doubt)
7. Johns (Paring with mullen will combine to be the best halves combination in the comp)
8. Perry (My fvourite prop in the world for some reason. I think he can play rep next year, might get chosen to play for Aus this year i think)
9. Buderus (Combining with our halves will be amazing to watch)
10. Woolnough (I thought he would never cut it to be a good starter but proved me wrong, we have an amazing front row including him now)
11. Simpson (Pure gun)
12. Newton (He is quiet dynamic, which is something the rest of our forwards lack, adds spark)
13. Kidley (I have always been a fan of smaller locks who have great defence and can act as an extra playmaker. He is a great runner and can offload to)

14. Davico (Stability for the team, adds great mentality as well for our other front rowers)
15. Sargent (He is a good impact benchie isnt he? Could be wrong about this one)
16. Abes (hmm... I know he is a gun player, but he is too fat atm for my liking. Would love to see him lose some bulk, add to his speed, and then without a doubt will be pushing both Simmo and Newton for a starting spot)
17. Brown (Can seroiusly play anything but prop. Has a wicked step, when against tired forwards can rip them up. Tad bit weak in defence but i think its the same thing with Carmont, will improve dramatically)

Rest
Ryneldson (everyone has been saying he has great defence etc etc, but i still dont think he offers enough compared to others)
Tanner (Just not enough talent)
Snowden/Tolar (Maybe enter the team half way through the year if they improve enough)