What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights Sign Beau Scott

Spot On

Coach
We made an offer to Kasiano, pulled it because we are confident we have JWH. I'm sure that's our enforcer.

No faith in Roberts? The kids got a lot of talent and deserves a chance just as every former great halfback was given a chance as a kid. He could be our halfback for years.

Wow. Kasiano could be anything in the next few years.

Rolla

Juniors
Yeah Kasiano does look great. Hopefully that means we will chase him again if we don't get JWH

Seage

Juniors
So much for this local juniors stuff.

But, there may be some value to getting Kasiano. He is a gigantic human. If you had him, Tets, Richie and Kade in the same team you have some wrecking ball power - the likes of which we haven't seen since Sean Rudder played second row.

Jono078

Referee
I remember hearing a few years ago when Kasiano was being touted as their next best forward that he had chronic knee problems.

Don't know whats happened with that since, or if it were even true to begin with, but he's killing it this year.

Perth Knights

Juniors
On another note, it looks as though the Knights have missed out on Cameron King. The guys on the Saints forum are fairly confident that King is re-signing with the saints for 3 years. Announcement due shortly.

Yosh

Coach
On another note, it looks as though the Knights have missed out on Cameron King. The guys on the Saints forum are fairly confident that King is re-signing with the saints for 3 years. Announcement due shortly.

Ah then it's probably Kids to hooker and we'll sign a gun half. Not worried.

We lack size HARD. Everyone in the NRL knows it and even though size isn't everything in League, it does matter.

If we do sign Kasiano, he'll make our pack 'LOOK' better, which will help intimidate opponents on the field. We're gonna be even smaller with Scott playing in our backrow.

8. Snowden
9. Bedsy
10. Kasiano
11. SBW
12. House
13. Scott

14. Nev
15. Faas
16. Tets
17. McKinnon

billy2

Juniors
Bennett seems to think Tets is a second rower.
I think he could be the answer to our prop problem.
Cook is improving all the time, and he brings ball playing skills to the table too.
If anyone watches the NSW cup game on Wed on foxtel, watch the Cook to Mantellato pass - any of our halves would be proud of it - hell, Joey would be proud of it.

Rolla

Juniors
Could cook learn to play a stint at hooker to spell Bedsy? bench utility might be his best shot at a first grade run.

billy2

Juniors
Could cook learn to play a stint at hooker to spell Bedsy? bench utility might be his best shot at a first grade run.
as recently as last year he played games in the halves - even one as halfback - he has a good passing game and could hold his own in defence - not sure if he could do dummy half well - never seen him do it.

K-Man

Bench
Bennett seems to think Tets is a second rower.
I think he could be the answer to our prop problem.
Cook is improving all the time, and he brings ball playing skills to the table too.
If anyone watches the NSW cup game on Wed on foxtel, watch the Cook to Mantellato pass - any of our halves would be proud of it - hell, Joey would be proud of it.

Cook's ball-playing skills are so prodigious I sometime wonder why he couldn't be a first grade five-eighth.

There are less talented halves in the NRL than him already, not forgetting guys like Shaun Timmins played SOO there and Rudder won a grand final there.

Cook offers so much it would be a shame if he never made it due to a lack of size and the fact he probably won't ever run over the top of blokes out wide. But he is a try and line break assist machine who be huge for a five-eighth and a great defender as well.

Of course he's a ball-playing backrower really, but I wonder if coaches will always think he's just not quite big and aggressive enough to play there in the NRL.

He belongs in first grade - question is where and how will he be used?