What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights Sign Beau Scott

Joker's Wild

Coach
I honestly cant understand what has happened to this bloke. He looks slow and uninterested this year where he was one of the most enthusiastic players for the Dragons over the last 2 seasons and a real tough nut in the middle.

He def was playing in the backrow last night because Prior was very wide (and Prior was woeful too) but he still didnt look like he was playing tight enough nor intense enough.

I can only conclude that he is playing injured and they are lothe to bring anyone else up into FG to replace him.

RABK

Referee
I'm pretty sure Scott was mentioned as carrying niggling shoulder and knee complaints so that would have to be hindering him but he's always been a professional so i don't buy into the 'already packed his bags for Newcastle' theory.

Also i should add to the Scott discussion that the 350-375k per season figures been thrown around as his bought price are complete rubbish. I have it from a very good source that he signed for 280k per season and the Dragons never made any serious effort to retain him once he had spoken with Bennett. 4 years 1.1 million deal.

Maybe Beau has his mind on 2013. I think there is more to it than simple bad form. There is every chance that he simply does not want to play for The Dragons anymore.

Nuffy

Bench
Bennett would have only signed him to fulfill a role, I don't think he is sentimental nor plays favorites.

If RABK is right then we got a bargain, don't forget that reynoldson wasn't on much less and with the expanding cap, in real terms we got him for less than 280k.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Can we do a mid-season swap?

I'll even give you my 2001 Knights cards+ Andrew johns Clive Churchill Medallist card.

RABK

Referee
Have you ever seen him play? Seems to me you just get on your rags when it comes to Scott Macavity and degrade him as much as possible.

Short memories people - it was only 9 months ago he was the rock in defense that belted QLD's forwards in games 1 and 2.

He's been hit by injury, switched between centre and backrow and signed with a new club. Plenty of reasons, or even excuses if you will, to contribute towards him not playing at the level that he's produced over the last 4 years.

I can only go by stats as i didn't watch the game but 18 hit ups for 157m and 32 tackles is stats none of our second rowers have ever produced since Taia in 2009 and before him Simpson in 2004. Unless he dropped a whole lot of ball or missed tackles that lead to the sharks tries i'm unsure why he'd be getting the blame for the Dragons performance? Sounds like more bitter dragon tardness.

macavity

Referee
Jim, we need a halfback and a prop who can also act as enforcer. We don't need Scott tying up cash, whether it is 280 or 350.

I will still cheer him in the red and blue, I just don't think he was a good buy.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Well to be fair Mac we havnt seen what is in store for next year yet so calling it a bad signing right now is massively premature. We could be letting plenty of cap space go and make another signing or to before then.

Given Scott is playing at right centre when he is probably the best right side fringe defender in the NRL tells me Steve Price is either desperate for a centre or just doesn't get it that Beau is a backrower of some quality.

Last edited:

Whats Doing

Bench
Didn't see last nights game but despite having a number 4 on his back, he has been back row over the last couple of weeks. With 27 tackles last night he would be playing in the back row again.

His form this year including as a back rower has been pretty p*ss poor. However last nights stats are outstanding and hopefully he has turned the corner.

RABK

Referee
Jim, we need a halfback and a prop who can also act as enforcer. We don't need Scott tying up cash, whether it is 280 or 350.

I will still cheer him in the red and blue, I just don't think he was a good buy.

We made an offer to Kasiano, pulled it because we are confident we have JWH. I'm sure that's our enforcer.

No faith in Roberts? The kids got a lot of talent and deserves a chance just as every former great halfback was given a chance as a kid. He could be our halfback for years.

RABK

Referee
I've heard we are the club keeping him from Union. Talks of Souths, Roosters and Parra been an option for him are rubbish. It's either Bennett or Rugby for JWH.

Rolla

Juniors
A backrow of -

11. Scott
12. Taia
13. House

Is better than our current options in my oppinion.

House is best in the middle.
Mckinnon has shown promise but is stell a benchie at this stage.
Eddie is looking worse each week.
Hilder isn't a good backrower.
Nev and cuthbo would make great bench utility forwards.
Hopefully Cook and co will make the step up but i doubt they will be starting backrowers by the end of the season.

Whats Doing

Bench
Right now we are in desperate need of an intimidating prop to partner Snowden.

Richie has had little impact since starting as a prop

Nuffy

Bench
Scott is going to be necessary because it seems that Edwards is getting worse, not better and may not be the long term backrower we all hoped he'd be.

Also Taia is just too inconsistent to be a banker in the backrow.

macavity

Referee
Would love to land Maria.

And yes, Tyrone is a great prospect.

Now to invest in some superglue for their hands.

Rolla

Juniors
I would swap Richie for Cuthbo now. Richie is more effective off the bench and and one of Cuthbo's biggest assets is his motor (which we aren't using). He might offer second phase play but it is useless if there is nobody to pass the ball to.