What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights Social Forum Photography Thread

Apey

Staff member
Some photos I haven't bothered to edit yet from Knights games:

knightspanthers4.jpg

knightspanthers5.jpg

knightspanthers6.jpg

Few famous faces

knightspanthers8.jpg

Dark and needs editing I think, but one of my favourites. Kurt lining up to kick..

knightspanthers9.jpg

And it's going over!

Poor quality to reduce size but you get the gist.

Serc

First Grade
Ah, thats what I missed when I went to give my mate his ticket so he could get in...I heard a roar and guessed our players had come onto the field to warm up (I had seen Penrith come onto the field a few mins before) which i guess they did with the Old Boys doing their lap!

Not bad pics at all mate, especially given the sun was in your face and doing things to your pics like the 4th one.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Let's try this again. Fingers crossed that Picassa isn't a bitch.

memorial%20033.jpg

Snapped this at the May 18 Memorial Park in Gwangju. There's a whole 'forest' of these steel poles.

memorial%20034.jpg

The same again from a different angle. I drew a great many strange looks from Koreans while I lay on my back to take this.

lastdays2%20011.jpg

The sun sets over the World Cup Reservoir by my apartment.

bigeumdo09%20006.jpg

A flower after one of the many storms that hit while we attempted to camp on Bigeumdo.

Misanthrope

Staff member
bigeumdo09%20008.jpg

Ah, Korean progress is unforgiving. The rotting remains of a tent restaurant on Bigeumdo.

bigeumdo09%20013.jpg

The road out to an island from which Koreans fish. Watching cars back along this at speed was amusing and terrifying.

bigeumdo09%20021.jpg

Not a well taken or constructed photograph, but I found it ominous the way the huge turbines loomed out of the fog that clung to the beach.

daewonsa%20035.jpg

The entrance to Daewonsa - a Tibetan Buddhist temple just outside Gwangju.

Misanthrope

Staff member
daewonsa%20044.jpg

How's the serenity?

daewonsa%20066.jpg

I sat in that hut for a good twenty minutes just soaking in the sounds of the water and the forest. Only half an hour's bus ride from a major city - this place was near silent.

daewonsa%20078.jpg

They call it 'Green Korea' and you can totally see why from this shot. They're not recycling conscious or particularly clean - but from April through to October - it's a damned green country.

daewonsa%20095.jpg

That's a lot of Buddhas. The red hats are in memory of the atrocities committed against Tibetans.

Misanthrope

Staff member
DSC07517.JPG

Two paths diverge at a volcanic crater I can't remember the name of on Jeju Island.

DSC07527.JPG

The crater. It was a bit underwhelming compared to Sunrise Peak, which was saw about an hour later.

jejudo%20181.jpg

My attempt at a Christian rock album cover. My gal's the one in back.

Serc

First Grade
Anyone else get any pics of todays dust storm?

Here's what it looked like in my street at midday:

0923ds01.jpg

Can't see past the trees in the backyard of the houses at the corner, so I estimate the vis to be about 150m.

Serc

First Grade
Oh yeah also a pic my old man took on his phone while flying from Coffs to Sydney this morning:

0923090756-00_smaller.jpg

Apey

Staff member
Both good pictures :)

Any idea when this sh*t is meant to finish? It's terrible outside.

Serc

First Grade
Thanks mate, I will pass on your response to my old man as well haha

As for Newcastle, should really start to clear up properly by sunset...so probably safe to open up your windows again sometime after dark.

Though up here I'll probably have to wait until tomorrow morning dammit!

Joker's Wild

Coach
Thanks mate, I will pass on your response to my old man as well haha

As for Newcastle, should really start to clear up properly by sunset...so probably safe to open up your windows again sometime after dark.

Though up here I'll probably have to wait until tomorrow morning dammit!

I left my windows open this morning. Ima gonna have red frickin dust all over my bed when I get home :x

IanG

Coach
Anyone else get any pics of todays dust storm?

Here's what it looked like in my street at midday:

0923ds01.jpg

Can't see past the trees in the backyard of the houses at the corner, so I estimate the vis to be about 150m.

Yeah I did but I haven't checked mine out yet. Looked like Armageddon

Serc

First Grade
One more I found this morning, here's a high quality satellite image really showing the dust well:

easternaustralia_tmo_2009266.jpg

Serc

First Grade
Got a few pics since the start of the storm season to share :)

Seen heaps of lightning but not so many daytime storms this season so far:

1113ds02.jpg

1113ds04.jpg

1118ds04.jpg

1118ds23.jpg

Also a little birdy tells me there will be a weather article in the Herald tomorrow about the record breaking November in Newcastle - hottest on record I think! (and NSW's hottest on record I believe as well)